Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Badge and PvP Point Changes, RAF Mount

A little challenge now and then is relished by the wisest men. Not a lot of those in Irvine anymore.

I can agree that gear for people starting arena is difficult to come by because of the cost.

So, if you're worried about people not having access to it then change the requirement for "conquest" points, but don't punish the skilled people by allowing anyone the ability to get items previously unattainable before 1800.

As a DK I've seen you guys rip apart the class over and over. It took time and energy to get weapons and higher-end pvp gear, but that's a good thing. It similar to progression in PVE. Why take that away from people?

This expansion is all about how many more casuals they can rein in, and anyone who thinks Blizzard is thinking about anything but the bottom line is naive.

Deleted

B E A utiful!

Cheers Blizz, Cata will be a sick-ass expansion if you put in this amount of logical thought to everything!

10+ Year Old Account

PvE) I hate having to run a stupidly easy heroic every day. Sure it doesn't take very much time, but I still have to schedule it. Some days I get on Wow only because I have a heroic to run. I love the idea that you can run multiple heroics for badges in one go (so it doesn't matter as much if you take a day off) or can get them all from raids.
    Valor Points -- High-tier, harder-to-get PvE points. Maximum cap to how many you can own, as well as a cap to how many you can earn per week. Earned from Dungeon Finder daily Heroic and from raids.

Nope. They still hold on to that idiotic "you must do one per day and ONLY one per day" theme... And I thought they learned their lesson that it SUCKS to have to do this every day.

"I wouldn't be surprised if 10-man could not hit the badge cap"

Nah. 10 and 25 man bosses will give the same amount of points I'd guess.

Woohoo more irl cash for mounts.
    Just a little more stealthy, blizzard style.

Quote Originally Posted by Theradis

So, if you're worried about people not having access to it then change the requirement for "conquest" points, but don't punish the skilled people by allowing anyone the ability to get items previously unattainable before 1800.
    How is that a problem?

If you're a skilled player, why does geared scrubs worry you?

Right now a daily BG quest gives 25 arena points. The Relentless chest with both honor + arena points (no personal rate required) needs 750 arena points to get. That means that you get one piece of gear after 1 month or so of dailies. People running around in full BiS pvp gear without setting foot on arena? yeah sure

I like the change because I can now choose what piece of BiS pvp I want to get, not because I ever dream of having a full pvp set with the latest gear available. Arena will still be arena guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyberzerk
    You dont even have a good team nor a pvp weapon and are crying like a little kid already? Good god, get a grip...
    rofl, maybe look at one of my other chars not on my warr that dinged for 2 weeks ago?
    Sticks and stones break my bones but it’s the words that make me cry.

Off-topic internet poet. Habbekrats' pet.

Sounds like team selling will be profitable again!

Quote Originally Posted by Imonition
    rofl, maybe look at one of my other chars not on my warr that dinged for 2 weeks ago?
    If you're a good PvP:er, why do you care who has gear, wouldn't you still be able to beat them?
    Or is it all about looking cool and having the bigger e-peen?

Quote Originally Posted by The Core
    If you're a good PvP:er, why do you care who has gear, wouldn't you still be able to beat them?
    PvP is about e-peen :-*
    Sticks and stones break my bones but it’s the words that make me cry.

Off-topic internet poet. Habbekrats' pet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Core
    Ofc it is. every1 enjoys having something every1 else doesnt. The rewarding system in this game is what keeps people playing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.

I can't figure out the Rated BGs though. I assume it's based on Teams just like arenas are, but then.. who can bring together 40 players for a Rated AV/IoC?
    And before the "PPL DID DURING MC MORON", I know. But I'm still sceptical.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Re: Cataclysm Badge and PvP Point Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Zet
    Nice changes.

For PvE, this basically means more convenience, in line with the current PvP system, and less compulsion to hoard "major"-emblems. Although the daily heroic will become much more fun with Cataclysm of course; no more overgearing.
    •Valor Points -- High-tier, harder-to-get PvE points. Maximum cap to how many you can own, as well as a cap to how many you can earn per week. Earned from Dungeon Finder daily Heroic and from raids. (most like the current Emblem of Frost)

Still the same shit. Only different names. I really don't get it. This is a huge problem and annoying thing now, but they just stick with it. "You don't have to do that daily dungeon every day." Right, like that's going to happen.

And getting PvP weapons by doing BG's. How does that work? I will just buy a PvP weapon by solo content instead of wasting hours in a raid. Like LK weapons that won't drop for weeks.
    They can't have PvP gear with lower ilvl than raid gear, because then it's better to PvP with PvE gear again.

All i can say is..: fuck you blizz

pvp weps and gear without rating? not enuff that any better pve geared nab can faceroll arena weps nowdays? so now they gonna give it to every noob who farmed daily HC and weekly quest enough long? srsly gg, time to think about quiting pvp
    LOL U :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala

Nope. They still hold on to that idiotic "you must do one per day and ONLY one per day" theme... And I thought they learned their lesson that it SUCKS to have to do this every day.
    Read a little more there mate. It states there is a weekly cap on acquiring. So theoretically the numbers may work out where if you do all the raids you could end up only having enough points left to get before cap for like one heroic. In other words you get to choose. Do a lot of heroics and some raids to cap out my week, then raid rest for gear. Or, bank on fact that I'll do all the raids and only do a heroic this week. Basically it lets yo u choose time timetables better.

All i can say is..: fuck you blizz

pvp weps and gear without rating? not enuff that any better pve geared nab can faceroll arena weps nowdays? so now they gonna give it to every noob who farmed daily HC and weekly quest enough long? srsly gg, time to think about quiting pvp
    So, trolling, didn't actually read it or to stupid to live?

Separate point types. Heroics and other PvE content give PvE rewards. PvP rewards will still be only from PvP.

Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing. Look into it.

whats this? My RaF zhevra became available yesterday, and i thought 'I ought to save this really...'

but seriously, what timing!

I presume the change will be implemented wednesday in the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoflash
    Read a little more there mate. It states there is a weekly cap on acquiring. So theoretically the numbers may work out where if you do all the raids you could end up only having enough points left to get before cap for like one heroic. In other words you get to choose. Do a lot of heroics and some raids to cap out my week, then raid rest for gear. Or, bank on fact that I'll do all the raids and only do a heroic this week. Basically it lets yo u choose time timetables better.
    Exactly this.

Doesn't seem people are understanding the term "Cap" too well...

Now they have taken this shit to far, shafting hardocre/semi hardcore raiders and pvp'rs in wotlk in order to bring more money to the company and now they go even further with that in cataclysm. Guess what, wotlk subscription numbers are the exact same as in tbc.