Quartz and Mind Trauma debuff

Hi all! I recently installed quartz addon that I found very very useful, expecially about debuff lasting. But I have a problem: can I avoid that quartz registered Mind Trauma with other debuff (VT, DP, SW:P)? It's a useless one and it makes more difficult the reading of the list to see when, you know, VT will last only for 1.3 secs so I have to recast it, for example.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Quartz and Mind Trauma debuff

Well your problem is basically in using it for a DoT timer, which it isn't good at to begin with.

Grab Forte Xorcist instead. Trust me when I say it will make DoT tracking and recasting much, much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury
    Well your problem is basically in using it for a DoT timer, which it isn't good at to begin with.

Grab Forte Xorcist instead. Trust me when I say it will make DoT tracking and recasting much, much easier.
    While Fortexorcist is a hell to config
    And no, you can't say what debuffs Quartz should show, so evn tho fortexorcist is anoing to config, it's quite worth it when you've done it.

you can edit quartz to not show stuff but it needs some simple text editting. no idea if you want to do that.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

You need to change the "Buff.lua" file in the Interface>Addons>Quartz>Modules folder to exclude Mind Trauma. While you're at it you can exclude Mind Flay, Mind Sear and Misery too.

Open the "Buff.lua" file in a text editor (notepad or similar) and search for a line containing the text:

db.targetdebuffs

About 7 lines below this you'll find the statment:

"if (caster =="player" or caster =="pet" or caster=="vehicle") and duration > 0 then

Change the start of this line to be "elseif" instead of "if", and then paste the following in directly above the line you just modified:

if (name=="Mind Flay" or name=="Mind Trauma" or name=="Mind Sear" or name=="Misery") then

That should eliminate those four debuffs from the tracking in Quartz. If you want to keep any one of them just exclude that text from the line you insert.

Hope that helps!