Poll: what do you think will be made the most OP in cata?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

cata predictions: most OP class

pick and explain. help me and other people decide what to reroll as an alt

10+ Year Old Account

Re: cata predictions: most OP class

hunters. we are getting a MASSIVE REVAMP that will start out as being OP but then will get nerfed to the ground (think DKs)

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing
    ----------------------------------------

Yeah hunters and locks are either gonna be very op or very weak since they get major revamps but they will be balanced like DKs.

Other then that hard to say until the alpha/beta leaks start coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedarian
    Yeah hunters and locks are either gonna be very op or very weak since they get major revamps but they will be balanced like DKs.

Other then that hard to say until the alpha/beta leaks start coming in.
    Locks for sure. That's all they need is 40% UA burst with more instant fears.

From my experience playing original WoW to TBC then TBC to the start of WOTLK is that whatever class is bad just before the expansion, will suddenly become amazing for a few months after then slowly be nerfed down. The powerful classes before an expansion will get a lot of nerfs and changes in the first few months of the new expansion then slowly build up again to be semi-decent/good.

Mages and Warlock changes from TBC to Wrath are the best example.

Good mages were extremely rare in TBC, then in Wrath for thefirst few months mage was easy mode.

Warlocks were extremely overpopulated and easy mode in TBC for arena, then in wrath for the first few months a good warlocks were rare to find just like mages were in TBC.

MS getting nerfed and Healthpools getting increased a lot of class will have to change their gameplay. Those who wont have to will have the adventage during a few weeks/months.

10+ Year Old Account

I hate such threads.

"hey u guise what u think will be * in catlysm? pleez vote"

* = insert something that NOBODY knows.

Paladins make up a large % of the player base. They have been very competative in every expansion. Paladins are usually the first class to be able to solo content, weather it is current max level heroics, or even soloing 10 man raids, paladins are able to do it when other classes can not. I don't see this changing in the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by fapjackmasta
    hunters. we are getting a MASSIVE REVAMP that will start out as being OP but then will get nerfed to the ground (think DKs)
    Have you even looked at what they're doing? Hunters are gonna suck, focus cost on defensive abilities, lols.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Crusoe
    Paladins make up a large % of the player base. They have been very competative in every expansion. Paladins are usually the first class to be able to solo content, weather it is current max level heroics, or even soloing 10 man raids, paladins are able to do it when other classes can not. I don't see this changing in the next expansion.
    Blood death knight tank says hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolour nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Deleted

Thinking smoke bomb rogues

Deleted

Rogue Worgen on Nitro Boots... 3 speedboosts ftw.

Shadow priest will be OP it thinkz .
    mainly cause we get mind spike and i think it will hit very hard for the short casting time-D

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by phai
    I hate such threads.

it's just a discussion. know one knows for sure, but you can always talk about ideas or guesses.

i'm also thinking hunters. just play it safe and reroll now

Deleted

Some say Warlock due to the DoT changes. I say Shadow Priest because of the DoT changes, plus that they're a very versatile spec as is, with so many self heals.

For now, deathknigts. Their new strike is far better than MS. But it will get nerfed fast.

Also all drain classes. A lot more hp + not that much more dmg = long fights=drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Avicularia
    For now, deathknigts. Their new strike is far better than MS. But it will get nerfed fast.

Also all drain classes. A lot more hp + not that much more dmg = long fights=drain.
    Not to mention lolspellreflect.

Shamy...simply because;

In WoLk its DKs + palas...there to do with undead
    Cata = elements....therfore its guna be shamy

Quote Originally Posted by phai
    I hate such threads.

Noone forces you to look at it.

Definitely paladins. Not only they retain bubble, but they also get a pet! Prot pet should be the biggest PITA, as it basically provides one extra bubble (absorbing a ton of damage).
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)