Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Make a Healing Shock spell?

Hey there

So today i went to mmo-champion to check out the news and saw that the talent calculator now had been updated.

Therefor i went to check on if any new shammy talents was on the run.

Then i saw this in the Resto spec

Focused Insight 5/5
    After casting any Shock spell, youre next heal's mana cost is reduced by 75% by the cost of the Shock spell, and its healing effectivness increased by 25%.

I only PvE in WoW so i think this talent is pretty boring since you dont really shock enemies when your healing (at least i dont)
    Ofc det spell is more for pvp

Anyway i was thinking...Wouldnt it be nice if shammys - or only resto shammys i dont know - got a shock as a healing spell so we also would get a different shock than just a dmg shock or slowing shock?
    In that way Focused Insight would also work in PvE instead of be pure PvP

It could be something like

Life Shock

Instantly shocks the target with powerful life, healing X

What do you guys think or do you have something better/different maybe?

Re: Make a Healing Shock spell?

I think something like ;

"Life Burst" (Considered as a Shock)
    X% of base mana 40 yard range 6 sec cd
    Instant Cast
    Instantly bursts the target with a powerful heal, healing for X damage and consuming the Earthliving effect. Reducing all damage taken by 3% for 12 seconds. Stacks up to 3.

(Could be used as a "Instant burst heal")

You might wanna start Shocking then, just as Holy Paladins judges for haste.

healing shock spell...aka Riptide?
    I am not a Zombie!!! I'm a very Ankh'd off Shaman!

Check some of the other healers tree's. They are all gaining offensive utility, I doubt we are getting a healing shock spell. It's tottaly within the realm of possibility. It just looks like they are doing their best to allow healers to throw some dps in their downtime without shitting potential mana or making healer dps so strong that people feel like they are suffering if the healers don't.

I thought the same thing at first, but it seems like it's just a poorly written tooltip right now. That being said a healing shock would be really nice.

Deleted

Okay. I think that you need to rethink the situation a wee bit.

In Cataclysm you will not heal as you do now. If you have noticed the skill Unleashed Weapon(s) you notice that is a instant cast spell which you put on your friendly target.
    Have this type of system occured before? I think not. Which is why shocks on bosses would be nothing strange imo.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Elgybub
    Well Riptide is an instantly heal and HoT spell

This Life Shock thing is more a "Oh shit!!" healing spell or something like that.
    Would be nice with another instant healing spell plus - again - the Focused Insight would be nice here

Quote Originally Posted by Elgybub

we have a winna. also holy showck doesnt apply a HoT. welcome to 80 i guess OP

Quote Originally Posted by Tuuuu Drengen

This Life Shock thing is more a "Oh shit!!" healing spell or something like that.
    Would be nice with another instant healing spell plus - again - the Focused Insight would be nice here
    a 6 second cooldown skill doesn't really count as an oh shit button. If you're reliant on riptides to save your life then you're not healing properly, its a good instant heal for the shaman arsenal, the tidal waves effect that comes from riptiding people is why keeps us riptiding, the base burst heal is great, the HoT, not so much (really fight dependant) but the fact that it buffs a chain heal (consumes effect) as well as proccing tidal waves makes it a mandatory spell in our rotation, now Nature's swiftness binded with Tidal force is more of an oh shit button.

Check some of the other healers tree's. They are all gaining offensive utility,
    /agree

Since healing will be much less of the spammy, knuckle-whitening, locked to the GCD, clickfest we know and (love?) today, they want reason for healers to contribute damage in addition to their healing, also something to do that doesn't drain your mana pool, but feel like they are doing something useful, as well as not standing around.

See also Fury of the Stormrage in the resto druid tree. (See what I did there? Druid.....tree.....yeah lame I know)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarsniffer
    See also Fury of the Stormrage in the resto druid tree. (See what I did there? Druid.....tree.....yeah lame I know)
    There's you barking up the wrong tree.

Original creator of the PointlessThread++;

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by atimuscalamity
    a 6 second cooldown skill doesn't really count as an oh shit button. If you're reliant on riptides to save your life then you're not healing properly, its a good instant heal for the shaman arsenal, the tidal waves effect that comes from riptiding people is why keeps us riptiding, the base burst heal is great, the HoT, not so much (really fight dependant) but the fact that it buffs a chain heal (consumes effect) as well as proccing tidal waves makes it a mandatory spell in our rotation, now Nature's swiftness binded with Tidal force is more of an oh shit button.
    Who says it should be a 6 second cooldown? Could be lesser like 1-3 sec?

Deleted

With unleashed weapon and an instant heal in the form of riptide I doubt they will do a healing shock. This talent looks like it will purely be for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Björnen
    Okay. I think that you need to rethink the situation a wee bit.

In Cataclysm you will not heal as you do now. If you have noticed the skill Unleashed Weapon(s) you notice that is a instant cast spell which you put on your friendly target.
    Have this type of system occured before? I think not. Which is why shocks on bosses would be nothing strange imo.
    lacking the hit for the shocks can be a pain in the arse though, however use the 264 ele totem for an extra 220 haste, could be used for resto when this goes live, 30 seconds is how long the buff lasts, so it's a good duration if a resto sham wants to use it

The talent also says nothing about hitting the enemy with your shock. Casting and missing should (in the current form) activate the buff as well. Might be good as a preparation for when you know damage will come, but not worth 5 points. PvP talent IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuuuu Drengen

"Oh shit!!!" as in natures swiftness + tidal force + trinkets + healing wave macro? or do you actually have a valid spell that is not gonna copy stuff we have. Let me put it in layman's terms on the new talent. Lets say both your shock spell and healing spell cost 1000 mana. Without the talents 2 casts results in 2000 mana used. Fully talented it becomes 1000 + (1000 - 1000*.75)= 1250 mana used. If talented for 45% reduced cost for shock spells then it becomes 1000*.45 + (1000 -1000*.45*.75)= 1112.5 mana used.

We don't need a healing shock spell. We just need to get stoneclaw shield baseline and a glyph that increases Riptides initial heal by a few hundred% and removes the HoT, for PVP.

15+ Year Old Account

Its allready there - paladins got it.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Other healing trees have spells to increase damage done by healers. I think its to give them something else to do and encourage healers adding a little bit of dps when they dont need to heal.
    I'm going to do some real damage!