Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Holy priest BIS?

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    PoH beats Renew in many situations, regardless of how good the other healers are. It depends on the fight and your timing, but there are 5 fights in ICC where you should be casting PoH fairly often. That is unless you're simply using too many healers, which a lot of bad guilds do. Next raid check your healing count. Do you have more than 6 healers? If so, is it Dreamwalker? If it isn't you have too many healers. Now, do you have more than 4 healers? Is it Putricide, or Sindragosa? If you do and it isn't then you have too many healers. Almost all of ICC should be 4 healed after the latest buff. It will speed your raid nights up substantially.
    Those healer counts only really work on normal modes. There is still plenty of fights that need 6 healers in HM (other then the ones you mentioned)

Except Sindragosa and Valithria, I don't see any heroic mode requiring more than 5 healers ? Even sindragosa, we're having more healers mostly for safety, as everyone hates this fight and I don't really see any reason to risk a wipe just to make it a bit shorter.

We've done Festergut heroic with 4 healers several times, and I'm still overhealing a ton as holy, but I get to use PoH whenever spores pop.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah
    Except Sindragosa and Valithria, I don't see any heroic mode requiring more than 5 healers ? Even sindragosa, we're having more healers mostly for safety, as everyone hates this fight and I don't really see any reason to risk a wipe just to make it a bit shorter.

We've done Festergut heroic with 4 healers several times, and I'm still overhealing a ton as holy, but I get to use PoH whenever spores pop.
    i agree that you can do heroic mode with 5 healers, BUT it depends on the composition of the raid, and depends on the gear. That's all.

we usually run with 6 healers, and we are 9/12 hc, but we dont have an omogenic gear level, so we need 1 more healer do be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    Those healer counts only really work on normal modes. There is still plenty of fights that need 6 healers in HM (other then the ones you mentioned)
    No, there really aren't. You might take one more to be 'safe', but it will ultimately be a sign that your guild is more casual than you want to believe and your healers are worse than you'd like to think. Most guilds playing it safe take the proper number of healers for a fight, then add a Discipline Priest as well. This is because the healers can already cover the damage, but since Discipline can ignore the over-healing they add a nice buffer to incoming damage and fights become very, very easy to heal.

But yeah, I'd love to see your reasoning for using 6 healers on anything except Sindragosa, Putricide, or Dreamwalker. Only thing you might bring up is Blood Queen, but that's been 4 healed even at +10% on the buff, much less +20%. What else, Festergut? No. Rotface? Hell no. Princes? No... Gunship? Heh. Saurfang? He puts out almost half as much damage as Blood Queen, so even if you needed 6 for her for some silly reason you wouldn't need nearly that much for Saurfang. Deathwhisper? Tell your raid to learn to kite already. Marrowgar? The only reason Marrowgar isn't 2 healed is because you can't risk the healers being spiked. Yay RNG.

Seriously, where are these hard to heal ICC fights? Now, ToGC fights were hard to heal. Ulduar fights were hard to heal. ICC? ICCs damage is actually lower overall than ToGC... and we have a 20% healing buff... and the damage is less spiky... and players have substantially higher health... Hmm. :

But yeah, I'd love to see your reasoning for using 6 healers on anything except Sindragosa, Putricide, or Dreamwalker.
    Uh Putricide ? It's wayyy easier to heal, with much less damage than BQL / Festergut. Oh and it's also one of these fights that actually get a LOT easier with more dps (shorter transition phases, shorter 3rd phase).

No, there really aren't. You might take one more to be 'safe', but it will ultimately be a sign that your guild is more casual than you want to believe and your healers are worse than you'd like to think. Most guilds playing it safe take the proper number of healers for a fight, then add a Discipline Priest as well.
    That's my guild lol

We don't pretend we are the greatest guild on the server, just at times i wish some of the other healers where more consistent hehe