15+ Year Old Account

Balance Trinket question

So recently I've been trying to get my boomkin ready for ICC10 but I'm having trouble deciding on trinkets for him. I currently have 3 possible trinkets that I can use on him.

Sundial of the Exiled
    Talisman of Resurgeance
    Elemental Focus Stone

I've tried using combinations of the 3 but to my eyes I really don't see any huge difference and I was hoping you guys could weigh in. Right now I'm using the Talisman and the Stone as they give me a higher GS and for some reason in my server people heavily judge you just by looking at GS.

Any thoughts on which ones I should use or other ones I should get? I don't really have access to many raids so it might be difficult.

I just realized I left out something rather important. With the Elemental Focus Stone my Hit Rating is at 427 and it's 319 without it.

Re: Balance Trinket question

well a couple of things..are you horde or alliance because as nice as it is to have the best dps trinket, its best to be hit capped. Also have u taken balance of power in your spec because here is the breakdown.

Hit cap 445.94

If horde you need-
    With no ranks of balance of power 445.94
    With one rank of balance of power 393.48
    With two ranks of balance of power 341.02

If alliance and have a draenei you need-
    With no ranks of balance of power 419.71
    With one rank of balance of power 367.25
    With two ranks of balance of power 314.78

So basically if you are not specced into Balance of Power then without Elemental Focus Stone you will be below hit cap. If you are horde and ARE specced into it...u are still below hit cap. So if that is what is keeping you hit capped keep that till u can be hit capped w/o it or ur dps will be lower regardless of what trinkets you have.

Your numbers are way off.

As Horde with 2/2 Balance of Power your hit cap is 263, which is 10%.
    Without Balance of power you need 14% or 368 hit rating. Ever heard of IFF/Misery?

As for the trinkets: Sundial of the Exiled would benefit you most of these three.

Your numbers are way off.

As Horde with 2/2 Balance of Power your hit cap is 263, which is 10%.
    Without Balance of power you need 14% or 368 hit rating. Ever heard of IFF/Misery?
    Well ya i should have said i didnt factor in IFF/Misery. The alliance hit buff is the only one i really count on rather than having a spriest or a druid doing their job. So ya my numbers are off if u count that in.

Since as a moonkin, you give that buff yourself, you can count on a 100% hit buff presence in raids :P

Since as a moonkin, you give that buff yourself, you can count on a 100% hit buff presence in raids Tongue
    Well if there is a druid tank you should..SHOULD be able to count on him to do it. But true, regardless that should always be up..my bad :\

feral faeire fire does not provide the hit debuff, it is improved faerie fire which is a 3pt talent in the balance tree

Well, imp FF is more reliable than Misery, except for when changing targets a lot. And no normal specc would disregard the 3% crit + more steady 3% hit.
    Single target, with an SP and a feral druid you could skip FF I guess (since you get the 3% crit from the ferals FF), but its just 1-2 gcd's

Quote Originally Posted by Mortifer
    Well if there is a druid tank you should..SHOULD be able to count on him to do it. But true, regardless that should always be up..my bad :\
    The druid tank can put up Faerie Fire (Feral) but if he doesn't have the talent in Balance (and if he does, I don't want him tanking my raid) it won't provide the hit debuff.

I also think that Improved FF and FFFeral don't override each other (so you get the benefits from each but I think only 5% armor decrease in total)

15+ Year Old Account

I'm sorry about that, I do have both IFF and Balance of Power

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DM7000
    I'm sorry about that, I do have both IFF and Balance of Power
    Then find some way to drop your hit, since you need just 263, worst case :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arel
    Then find some way to drop your hit, since you need just 263, worst case :P
    Bah! It's all from gear too. The only piece of gear that's strictly Hit Rating would be the Elemental Focus Stone, would it be worthwhile to switch it with the Talisman of Resurgence? I'd lose 108 Hit and I'd be down to around ~320.

Deleted

Talisman of Resurgence is not a very good trinket for moonkins. Heck, even the purified lunar dust is better than that, until you can get something decent. Sundial goes a LONG way for being a good trinket, and then you could work on pairing it with Eye of the Brood Mother, Illustration of the Dragon Soul or maybe Reign of the Dead from Trial 25.

It would help us a bit, though, if you would post an armory link, and/or tell us what you have access to

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    Talisman of Resurgence is not a very good trinket for moonkins. Heck, even the purified lunar dust is better than that, until you can get something decent. Sundial goes a LONG way for being a good trinket, and then you could work on pairing it with Eye of the Brood Mother, Illustration of the Dragon Soul or maybe Reign of the Dead from Trial 25.

It would help us a bit, though, if you would post an armory link, and/or tell us what you have access to
    Ah alright. Well here is my Armory and I really only have access to any 10 mans as my server isn't quite large enough to pug 25mans and my guild doesn't really run them either.

i would change your spec shouldnt need intensity in raids. i would put 1 point of those into owlkin frenzy and the other in typhoon. Typhoon helpful on fights like saurfang these days. also i would loose your hit trinket if any way possible. Another suggestion is to get haste capped and start wroking on crit. your hit is fine after you loose the trinket. could loose some more points if got some upgrades.