Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: BlizzCon 2010 Tickets on Sale June 2 and June 5

Quote Originally Posted by Undercovercracker

Probably because you are too fat to get on the rides....or youre just a pussy and afraid of the rides. lol
    I'm a bit underweight, actually, and rollercoasters are the best rides on the planet, which Disneyland simply does not have enough of, though the one at California Adventure is ballin'.

I'm not too keen on that price. I went in 2008 and 2009, but $150 per ticket... plus airfare, hotel... plus the prospect of standing in that crazy line on the first day... and all those people saving whole rows of Exhibit Hall chairs for their friends...

I'd probably get a better view of the panels if I watched DirecTV.

The one thing I will miss is the concert at the end. I bet they will be doing Cataclysm music this year, like they did Wrath music in 2008.

That they upped the price is not a surprise since so far the Blizzcon's themself costed more then it brought up. I think they're trying to find a way to actually get some profit of it.

would be cool if Blizz would make the effort to organize a european version of this

Quote Originally Posted by Spookachou
    would be cool if Blizz would make the effort to organize a european version of this
    It's not yearly, but I'm sure they'll do another Worldwide Invitational, which I heard was a lot better than BlizzCon, probably cause it had a lot of information on Diablo 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Konkwista
    $150??? Does this come with a steak and a BJ also?
    they will sell out in almost minutes. Actually i believe this to be rather cheap part. i know people travel from east coast and stay in motels costing a grand or more to do this so the 150 for the ticket is chump change. In fact i have about 5 guildies all going together which they say the trip will cost them close to $800 per person. but on a sidenote people complain about everything else and this blizzcon thing is a joke. I boycott it. also this is the reason for a later cata release.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&cn=Romeolock

Call me a fanboy or groovy for saying this but, running a convention/ exibition is not cheap at all. And the fact that they are limiting the number of audiences to attend will set the price bit higher than what you might expect. Remember, Blizzard doesn't have to do this, infact I don't think they raise the ticket price for sake of making extra bucks. If they want to be cheap, they can just showcase there new stuff at other trade show just like any other game studios. I believe this is previllege and gift for us, Blizzard fans. No one said you have to attend this event so why QQ?? Last year, I payed more than suggested price to some guy who had the ticket for sale in my neighborhood ads. Being there for the first time, hearing all the announcements, developers Q&A pro-gamers playing tournaments, exeriencing Diablo, Cata, SC even before it goes into beta testing, paying $15 for two tacos and a soda is priceless.

I went to the GamesCom in Cologne last year which was a 4-day-event and had 4 halls filled with all kind of booths from various gaming companies where you could play most of the current games at the time INCLUDING Diablo3. There were also live events (including an Ensidia-Liveraid and live acts from musicians), an outdoor beach area and free Coke Zero (although that might have been the year before when the event was in Leipzig, not sure about that part). I paid 30 bucks for my weekend-ticket.

If Blizzard needs money so badly they might wanna ask Mr.Kotick about some, I hear he's building a big safe somewhere in a town called Duckburg.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer
    ... plus the prospect of standing in that crazy line on the first day... and all those people saving whole rows of Exhibit Hall chairs for their friends...

I'd probably get a better view of the panels if I watched DirecTV.
    Agree. Was hoping they would announce if the ticket count was going up etc. Last year though they did add more space for the increase ticket count; it did not include enough seating for main events. There was basically no where close to enough room for what they have to know the majority of people are going to.

2008 was not to bad, you could find seating or stand off the the sides.

2009. You were better off sitting in the arena area and watch the main hall on the tvs.

But CA is CA and always worth a reason to go out there, blizzcon is just a additional sight to see.
    "A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my ANGER"

Deleted

Not going this year, maybe next year. Just maybe..
    Stupid f*cking studies god d*mn it FFFUUUUU-

It's already a mission to get a ticket though,
    just because I think they will sell from full stock to empty within minutes :

Blizzcons worth every penny. I was there last year and it was soooo fun.

they can pretty much charge anything, geeks will sell their kidney to go to blizzcon