Addons for HOTS?

hello fellow druids!

i've just recently rerolled from priest to druid.
    but i haven't really been able to find good addons that'll show what hots i have on different targets.
    im currently using TUKUI, with satrina's buff frames to achieves this: http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4...1910130429.jpg
    but i really dislike sbf.
    so. my question is.

what addon do YOU use to track your buffs? or do you have any suggestions as to what addon i can use to get the same effect?
    im only interested in 5 man groups (arena too) as im satisfied with my raid frames

Re: Addons for HOTS?

I'm about to sleep, so brief:

I use grid/gridstatushots and gridsideicons (I think that's what it's called) might help if grid starts running out of locations.

Some addons I've heard good things about: healbot, vuhdoo.

Go check them out at curse.com and just search "grid" to see the plethora of additional grid addons you might like if you find grid suitable.

Grid2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Applepie
    your retarded.

On my druid i've always used grid, gridhots, debuffs ect ect. it works great for counting hots

Grid with GridStatusHots and GridIndicatorCornerText

I love you UI! Its very simple and effective. I'm going to play with that add on later tonight actually!

Personally, from my own experiences (Raided casually as resto in the later BC raids and all of WoTLK till ToC) i prefer Grid and Clique for healing - although i have only ever tried Healbot and the standard UI.

Grid - so simple and very customisable, if you also get Gridstatusdebuff you will be able to see everything that the current player has (Posions, curses etc) whether the current player has aggro or anything! The only bad thing is that it tracks all regrowths / rejuves in a raid (Meaning if you had another RDruid, it would look as if you placed a HoT on them). There is a way of changing this, but i've quit raiding as a healer at the moment and have yet to find out how.

Clique - speaks for itself to be honest, i only have a 3 button mouse and i can bind all of my heals to all three (With a variation of Alt and Ctl)

Its all personal preference tbh

for my resto drood i use vuhdo...best healing/raid frame addon ive come across

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

VUHDO! Possibly the best healing addon to ever exist. Shows icons (similar to grid) for hots or can be shown as bars across the healthbars. BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE!.....it will also show you which targets are available for a swiftmend as well as telling you who has a poison or curse (removing the need for decursive). I has automatic resurection (OOC) and can smart buff ooc as well. If you need more info on vuhdo you can go to:
    http://plusheal.com/viewforum.php?f=32

Also the creator of vuhdo is member of the above linked site and is generally able to reply to direct questions or concerns. ;D

/thread

Vuhdo > all

I'm still partial to Grid, after giving Vuhdo and Healbot plenty of tries.

Deleted

im using Quartz, works fine for me

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe
    im using Quartz, works fine for me
    I have been succesfully using GRID + Quartz since early TBC.
    Modified GRID to show me coloured corners to indicate wich HoTs are up, and Text2 or Name2 or something like that to show Health Deficit and mostly for the LK fight who has Defile. And other stuff like diseases/curses/posions. (I also have a shaman).

Only concern, it doesnt track only my HoTs, it shows the same hots from other people aswell. Can be both a curse and a blessing tbh.
    In the Groves of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnium
    Modified GRID to show me coloured corners to indicate wich HoTs are up, and Text2 or Name2 or something like that to show Health Deficit and mostly for the LK fight who has Defile. And other stuff like diseases/curses/posions. (I also have a shaman).

Only concern, it doesnt track only my HoTs, it shows the same hots from other people aswell. Can be both a curse and a blessing tbh.
    If you use DruidStatusHots, you can have it show only your rejuv.

Quote Originally Posted by Richmond
    I love you UI! Its very simple and effective. I'm going to play with that add on later tonight actually!
    i wont take any credit at all. i've just half-assed modified www.tukui.org

Thanks a lot for the answers. i already have excellent raid frames, very GRID-like (built into tukui) which is optimal for when there's more then 5 people.
    But i dont like using grid for heroics or arena. Which is why i need a buff(hots) tracking addon that shows me what buffs(hots) are on people in my party (like in the screenshot). preferably with somekind of filter so that i only see the hots i've cast
    i do feel like im asking for to much. i've already asked at tukui's homepage about editing his party frames this, but with no answer.
    i guess i have to stick with satrina's >:

15+ Year Old Account

Healbot works great. A lot of people cry about it but I still find it works. Just take the time to set it up well.

http://i49.tinypic.com/10sdrbr.jpg

edit: Also sorta based off tukui

Personally, I use HoTcandy for tracking my own HoTs, as well as using Grid + Clique for easy application.
    "The first prerequisite of an advanced being is a sense of humor"

Yes. This is directed towards you. y so srs?

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnium

This, with Gridstatushots. The corners of grid I have set to show boxes for each hot respectively, and they change color based on stack size/time left so I know when to re-apply or if i need to throw another bloom or not.

regrowth - upper left corner, green box turns yellow when 3 seconds left, red with one.
    rejuv- upper right, purple box turns yellow with 2 seconds, red with 1
    lifebloom- bottom right, light blue, yellow, light green for each stack respectively, no color change since i want it to bloom.
    wild growth- bottom left, light blue, turns red with 1 sec left.

VuhDo is an excellent way to track all your HoTs. It's a raid frames addon like HealBot or Grid, but I've tried both of those and found that VuhDo just worked better for me on my druid. The HoT icons are large enough on the frames that I can see them AND they have numbers ticking on them once they get under 10 seconds so you actually have a countdown on every HoT you cast on every player you cast it on. You can set up the colors you want for all your HoTs including every stack of lifebloom so you know who has how many stacks (and the counter is still there ticking away so you know when to refresh).

You can also set up specific debuffs to watch for depending on the fight so your raid frames detect those debuffs that are crucial to notice. An example might be Harvest Soul on Lich King normal where you have to heal the person ASAP or they will drop dead. I set up VuhDo so the raid frame for the person with that debuff turns a BRIGHT purple color so I can immediately shift focus to healing him/her. It does come with specific debuffs already set up so the debuff icon will pop up as well like Mark of the Fallen Champion for Saurfang.

Download Grid, Gridstatushots, Gridstatuslifebloom.

Google "Grid setup for wow" follow the intructions.

As far as I'm concerned Grid is the best way to track your hots/time left on hots. Very easy to modify once you understand where everything is.

I set mine up like this:

Regrowth = Yellow, Top left corner, turns red when there 3 secs left on timer.
    Rejuv = Purple, Bottom Left corner, Turns yellow at 4 secs then red at 2 secs.
    Wild Growth = White, Bottom right corner.
    Agro = Red, top right corner.
    Lifebloom = center text (still able to see it when there's an Icon on the unit frame.) 1 LB = Red, 2 LB = Yellow and 3 LB = Green.
    My center Icon and border are set up to show Curses and Psn's. They have a lower "priority" then the gridstatusdebuff icon for the boss fight.

I keep agro on there for 5/10 mans when dps pull agro I can have them hotted up before the mob gets to them usually. Sometimes they live in 10mans, almost all the time they live in 5 mans.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli
    Vuhdo > all
    QFT