Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

AVR getting removed next patch

What do you guys think about this change blizzard is making? I am going to miss the addon

Edit added link: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...Id=25002150557

Re: AVR getting removed next patch

Source?
    "Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood

wat

never used it (im afraid it will hurt my fps so much my screen will expload and my pc will start to smoke like hell), didnt know its being removed...

Deleted

So now, whenever I PuG ICC, I'll only get like 6 bosses.

Great!

People complain about the game being easy, yet they keep insisting on being given AddOns that can do pretty much everything for them. No wonder things are getting easier.

I never liked that AddOn in the first place, pretty much takes out every remaining independant thought of the persons using it. Glad to see Blizzard taking a stand against this issue.

15+ Year Old Account

Good riddance.

I always figured the other boss mods were a bit too far, this mod was just putting a band aid over the idiot's lack of ability.

Glad it's being done away with.

i think they just needed to break AVR Encounters (avre) Avr was a good tool to explain fights to new people. AVR Encounters was what made it a no brainer don't stand in the red circles ect..

also it was fun drawing firespots under the paladins mid raid.

Deleted

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, really.

I remember a while back, rogues could get an addon that would automaticly change weapons for them to optimize poison damage and stuff like that, yet Blizz blocked that because they said it directly interracted with the game itself, and they wouldn't allow that.

It had it coming.

Deleted

Seriously, it's about time.

Mods like this should never have been allowed to work. Now destroy boss mods and we're in business.

"Good riddance".

Honestly, this mod was about as close to cheating as you can get. It made everything so much easier. I was doing 25 PP last night and got hit with the malluable goo a couple times and I asked in vent how everyone avoids it. DBM warns methat it's near me, I run and without knowing it I'm running in the direction of the goo. They say "bro get avr and it'll tell you where it is". I immediately think "well that's no fun". And I dont see how it could be. Sure it'll help you down bosses and get you the sweet epics (that I don't believe you deserve using avr) but at the cost of ignoring boss mechanics.

I think you'll see less pugs and less no body guilds prancing around flaunting their epeen in trade since they can finally do end game with this addon gone.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

A victory for non-retarded raiders everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious
    Seriously, it's about time.

Mods like this should never have been allowed to work. Now destroy boss mods and we're in business.
    Honestly it would be pretty awful if there was no timers for things like defile and valks on the LK fight. There is just a lot of mechanics that would become hell if we did not have timers for them.

Who didn't see this coming?

Turns out painting a bunch of circles on the floor is all it takes to totally trivialize an encounter designed by Blizzard's dev team. I guess it must be pretty scary when your best work is broken down and utterly defeated by trigonometry.

Herein, we discuss matters of the utmost importance.

And I could care less, break gs and then I'll care
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

it was a really great idea and a well developed addon.

anyway, it really provided a great advatange in terms of "where the fuck i need to move", since you could clearly spot safe zones without even turning your camera.

as many said, retarded people will be again crushed.

and also, it was predictable. i feel a little sad for the developers since it was really a good work, but it is too invasive on gameplay.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

no more facerolling

Somebody raised a good point in the WOW forums thread about this, why is it Blizz can break this mod but yet still can't seem to do anything about the hackers that arrange bodies to spell out gold selling sites, or the hacks/cheats that people use for PVP?

I don't get why they don't just get rid of DBM too..
    Metal on Metal O.O \m/

Good change , it had to stop somewhere as if it wasnt easy enough you had an addon letting you faceroll bosses, ofc there are still people on forums defending all the retards that cant tell the difference from what is 5 or 25 yards and why this shit addon was usefull.

And yea while they are at it , they could limit/remove stuff like dbm , but it announces couldowns only so its not that big impact, it worked fine for the last 2 expansions and it was ok. While they are at it they could break GS as well , that addon is for retards as well.