Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...

Re: AVR getting removed next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanch

This could be countered just as easily by someone without any addons at all.. by simply looking at your buff table or the arrow above your head.

Except with AVR-e you only need to look at your feet. DBM does nothing a stopwatch and a 26th raider with all the bosses spells (and internal cooldowns) on firefox tabs could do.

AVR-e has no parallel. No other addon tells you _exactly_ where to stand to prevent big aoe damage thing the instant it's cast.
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Norfin
    You =/= the whole raid

you can't sit back and gloat how awesome you are for not using dbm when the rest of your raid is and your raid leader is calling shit out on vent
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakosa
    Grats on being carried.
    I was the Mt and the RL, so I wasn't carried, I just zoom out and pay attention (My Add meds help with this ;P)

Now some people in our raid do use Dbm, they just need a little help with encounters, sure.

But a lot of our raid doesn't need it, and why would you install a addon when you could do fine with out it?
    (Not heroic mind you, but normal)

Honestly, thinking that you NEED any addon to play this game properly is just sad.

Yes they do help, but you don't NEED any of them, you can get by with communicating in Vent and not being a tard, as stated by Avalanch with the Sindragosa Ice tomb, a player see's he has the debuff/arrow, tells us in vent, ???, profit...

Now I think the AVR author has it in against blizzard.

http://www.wowace.com/addons/avr/?comment=143

If he screws up other addons... :\

Quote Originally Posted by KandyCane
    Great!

People complain about the game being easy, yet they keep insisting on being given AddOns that can do pretty much everything for them. No wonder things are getting easier.

I never liked that AddOn in the first place, pretty much takes out every remaining independant thought of the persons using it. Glad to see Blizzard taking a stand against this issue.
    yea think it was ghostcrawler who said it:
    if you want harder content just disable all your addons and mods

Quote Originally Posted by knopp
    yea think it was ghostcrawler who said it:
    if you want harder content just disable all your addons and mods
    Or play with 1 eye closed, or one hand behind your back, or while riding a unicycle!

Knowing when bad things happen = good. Time to prepare for said bad things.
    Having a sign that says 'stand on me and you won't die from this bosses main ability' = bad.
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

I'm pages too late, but:

If you've seen it in action on Rotface you'd see how overpowered it is. There is a difference.
    If you die to ooze explosion at all, please uninstall. You could avoid this mechanic blind unless you don't know how to stack.
    P.S. DBM and AVR are so incredibly different that anyone who thinks they are similar should sit down, turn off the tv and computer and just think about it for a minute or two. Hopefully the realization will strike.
    PS AVR is one single feature of DBM jazzed up. Try typing /range next raid and after a minute or two the realiziation will strike.

Does it break ToS? I would assume so. That doesn't mean to say that turning a range meter into a fancy and colorful circle is enough to break every single encounter (read: 3 total parts of two encounters out of 12 different bosses in actuality) in the most boring instance with stupidly easy and incredibly avoidable mechanics.