Resto Druid PVP help

Hey i recently started doing some arena on my resto druid. Me and my partner are currently playin around 1500. Just wondering if anyone has some tips on how to heal as a resto druid. I know about cycloning and kiting and am reasonably comfortable with them. Sometimes i have a problem if alota of pressure is put on my teamate whilst im busy LOSin, i mean pallies and priests have CDs that they can use, but it jus seems to risky for me to try to cyclone whilst that kinda heat is on then i end up losing a bunch of mana through mana burn or drain mana.

But otherwise what is the general healing stratergy i mean all the pvp idols focus on lifeblooms Bloom and i dont think i use lifebloom nearly enough and nourish when it doesnt crit jus seems to do very little espicially with an ms on the target. I'd like to say that i am a pretty good healer in pve, i only get to pug fights on this toon but i regularly outheal most other people that are healing with me, but im aware there are differences in the the two styles of healings.

Any information and help would be greatly appreciated. (especially from pvp experienced druids.)

Here is my armory link http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...all&cn=Elyanor
    i know mining is not ideal but im not that worried about 45 or so extra spell power.

Re: Resto Druid PVP help

PvP idols are crap compared to the PvE idols. Keep rejuv on yourself and your teammate, put up 3 LBs on their target as well. If your opponents trinket is down, cyclone on a dps is way more healing than any heal could do alone, (and far more mana efficient) so use it liberally.

Looks like you are running resto/rogue. At 1500 I wouldn't worry much about LoS, you won't be meeting too many teams that will punish you with really hard swaps. Nor should the teams be strong at that level enough to burst you down with a rogue helping peel. So just work on keeping your partner alive and rolling cyclones to disrupt the other team. With a solace as a druid you should outmana most other healers classes especially if you can get them to dump their big heals into cycloned targets. So don't be afraid to cyclone a target at 30% life if you don't think your rogue is about to score a kill: the opposing healer will often blow expensive heals for absolutely no gain. For example, holy light is something like 1200 mana down the drain. Your rogue can use the time to pool energy so that he can open up bigtime when the cyclone drops off. Can also try using this as an opener to a big CC chain: have your rogue follow up with blind on the healer, followed by pounce/bash to score a kill even if the healer is on cyclone DR.

Don't forget to cyclone plea / mana tide / shadowfiend / innervate as much as possible. NS cyclone especially is your friend here. If you have good raid frames, get them to show time remaining on MS / Aimed Shot / Wound Poison. If you can time cyclone on the source dps and cause the debuff to drop off they will have a really tough time beating your mana efficiency.

Your rogue should help you keep him alive by using cooldowns and getting out of harms way when obvious burst is coming his way, or when you are getting CC'd. If there's a priest that is just focusing on burning you, have your mate kite for a few ticks (with hots on) when you LoS so that he is helping keep himself alive instead of forcing you to come back out. To break mana drain, bear form. While you're there don't forget to enrage and bash something.
    Vindicatum - US-Icecrown 14/14H - 3 days per week - Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor
    http://vindicatum.com/

^Pretty good post, I'll talk more about the spec and glyphs and gear you have.

Your PVP spec looks like the 18/0/53 spec. While you do a lot of things right, there are a few crucial things you missed. First, revitalize is a great talent. 1% mana back to you for every rejuv you place on yourself is amazing, and 8 energy to your rogue is nothing to scoff at either. Get glyph of Rapid Rejuv, since you'll push out more heals on your Rejuv that way (With revitalize, you won't need glyph of innervate). If you're comfortable getting away, LoSing, and being overall slippery then I'd replace the glyph of Barkskin with Nourish. Remember to cyclone the opponent's damage dealer to help relieve some pressure. Especially if it's against an MS class. Cyclone a warrior, for example, watch the MS fall off, swiftmend, and he's back to full health.

Both your Hit Rating and your Haste are very low. Hit isn't too important (It's something you should work on, but it's not extremely imperative), but with your haste you're probably starving for GCDs. Haste is an extremely important stat for us, since we're the only healing class that requires a ramp up time. Get rid of that belt, get the Frost badge belt. The sp/int gems and the resilience gems can be safely replaced with sp/haste gems, and that should put you up to about 350, which is low but respectable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurik
    PvP idols are crap compared to the PvE idols. Keep rejuv on yourself and your teammate, put up 3 LBs on their target as well. If your opponents trinket is down, cyclone on a dps is way more healing than any heal could do alone, (and far more mana efficient) so use it liberally.

Looks like you are running resto/rogue. At 1500 I wouldn't worry much about LoS, you won't be meeting too many teams that will punish you with really hard swaps. Nor should the teams be strong at that level enough to burst you down with a rogue helping peel. So just work on keeping your partner alive and rolling cyclones to disrupt the other team. With a solace as a druid you should outmana most other healers classes especially if you can get them to dump their big heals into cycloned targets. So don't be afraid to cyclone a target at 30% life if you don't think your rogue is about to score a kill: the opposing healer will often blow expensive heals for absolutely no gain. For example, holy light is something like 1200 mana down the drain. Your rogue can use the time to pool energy so that he can open up bigtime when the cyclone drops off. Can also try using this as an opener to a big CC chain: have your rogue follow up with blind on the healer, followed by pounce/bash to score a kill even if the healer is on cyclone DR.

Don't forget to cyclone plea / mana tide / shadowfiend / innervate as much as possible. NS cyclone especially is your friend here. If you have good raid frames, get them to show time remaining on MS / Aimed Shot / Wound Poison. If you can time cyclone on the source dps and cause the debuff to drop off they will have a really tough time beating your mana efficiency.

Your rogue should help you keep him alive by using cooldowns and getting out of harms way when obvious burst is coming his way, or when you are getting CC'd. If there's a priest that is just focusing on burning you, have your mate kite for a few ticks (with hots on) when you LoS so that he is helping keep himself alive instead of forcing you to come back out. To break mana drain, bear form. While you're there don't forget to enrage and bash something.
    Awsome post!! Just what i was hoping to get out of this thread thanks so much for your help =p=p

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    ^Pretty good post, I'll talk more about the spec and glyphs and gear you have.

Your PVP spec looks like the 18/0/53 spec. While you do a lot of things right, there are a few crucial things you missed. First, revitalize is a great talent. 1% mana back to you for every rejuv you place on yourself is amazing, and 8 energy to your rogue is nothing to scoff at either. Get glyph of Rapid Rejuv, since you'll push out more heals on your Rejuv that way (With revitalize, you won't need glyph of innervate). If you're comfortable getting away, LoSing, and being overall slippery then I'd replace the glyph of Barkskin with Nourish. Remember to cyclone the opponent's damage dealer to help relieve some pressure. Especially if it's against an MS class. Cyclone a warrior, for example, watch the MS fall off, swiftmend, and he's back to full health.

Both your Hit Rating and your Haste are very low. Hit isn't too important (It's something you should work on, but it's not extremely imperative), but with your haste you're probably starving for GCDs. Haste is an extremely important stat for us, since we're the only healing class that requires a ramp up time. Get rid of that belt, get the Frost badge belt. The sp/int gems and the resilience gems can be safely replaced with sp/haste gems, and that should put you up to about 350, which is low but respectable.
    ive got that badge haste belt assuming you're talking about the cloth one ill change that out and do some regemming asap what kind of res do most druids sit at i was under the understanding that the more is better

i understand what u mean about the haste coming from haste capped or soft capped at least in my pve set it hurts not having 800 or so but i thought that was kinda the trade off with res gear that you lose a fair amount of stats but gain survivablity.

All the information was useful thanks for the posts guys keep them coming any thing might help it can be the smallest thing but i probably havent even thought about it. Sorry to rely on mmo so much but i couldnt find anything on arena junkies to help me out as much as you guys can =p

Quote Originally Posted by tyden49
    i understand what u mean about the haste coming from haste capped or soft capped at least in my pve set it hurts not having 800 or so but i thought that was kinda the trade off with res gear that you lose a fair amount of stats but gain survivablity.

All the information was useful thanks for the posts guys keep them coming any thing might help it can be the smallest thing but i probably havent even thought about it. Sorry to rely on mmo so much but i couldnt find anything on arena junkies to help me out as much as you guys can =p
    Well you are saying that your partner is getting trucked on and it's hard to keep him up, right? Haste would help to put more heals on him.

If you're having troubles with mana, remember to let your lifebloom bloom. Rolling 3 stacks is only beneficial at certain times, like when a double stealthy team is about to open on you.

I run with 1000 resilience, using both this and this. I know those are beyond your scope for another 300 or so rating, but I have 5 points in GotEM and run with ~450 haste, since I also run with the badge belt and these. I don't feel unsafe with the PVE pieces since tree form is an extremely good deterrence of melee attackers, and I'm really comfortable using available LoS against casters. It's something that will come with practice, so test out different combinations of gear and see what works best for you and your partner.