My sarcasm detector is broken too, don't worry

Re: Oh god, MMO-Champion got hacked

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Joke? Doesn't affect Boubouille
    "Rend (Rank 1) and Rend (Rank 2) had their damage slightly increased."

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52

Ill get a mac when i plan to play WoW in the worst condidtions possible
    Kind of a stupid statement. I've played WoW consistently on both Mac and PC, if anything the Mac client can squeeze a bit more out of the same hardware than the Windows client. Neither of them is hugely superior at any rate.

On your Birthday aswel ://

I'd be more worried if it was hidden in one of those giant, fullscreen frontpage advert videos that auto run that you've had up during some MLG event twice in the past.

This, meh, nothing bleeped.
    Not seeing anything weird in the html files I store locally.

Probably not affected.
    Still, any idea "how" you got hacked? I presume you've made sure it won't happen again anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52
    Ill get a mac when i plan to play WoW in the worst condidtions possible
    You clearly don't own a Mac.
    If you did, you'd be singing quite a different tune.

Any free virusscanners for Mac?

My acc was compromised few months ago, its all your fault Boubouille! :-X

emmm It was a joke, since every time someone post the word: Hacked. The only thing people reply is: Authenticator.

Well, it was bound to happen someday
    Glad that you where able to identify and fix the problem fast tho.

For the people that are freaked out (Well, you should be a little) there are some alternatives next to AMB that is linked on the front-page.

Spybot Search And Destroy should, once updated, be able to target and delete any infections that you may have.

Download it from:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

If a full scan with that doesn't give you any results (Or at least related to this specific case) your pretty safe.
    And its not as bloated as full-blown virus-scanner+guardians etc, which might be what your looking for.

15+ Year Old Account

.....so do you think that maybe this is what infected my computer yesterday? Maybe it was coincidence...maybe not. But whilst I was on MMO-Champ yesterday evening my computer went batshit crazy. Kept getting messages all over saying my computer was infected. Couldnt run ANYTHING on it, everytime I tried the Malware would protect itself by saying that the program was "infected" and could not be ran and immediatly shut it down. It was a nightmare, but I finally managed to get it under control and got it out of my machine. Malwarebytes is now my new bestfriend.
    It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again..

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zinraa
    .....so do you think that maybe this is what infected my computer yesterday? Maybe it was coincidence...maybe not. But whilst I was on MMO-Champ yesterday evening my computer went batshit crazy. Kept getting messages all over saying my computer was infected. Couldnt run ANYTHING on it, everytime I tried the Malware would protect itself by saying that the program was "infected" and could not be ran and immediatly shut it down. It was a nightmare, but I finally managed to get it under control and got it out of my machine. Malwarebytes is now my new bestfriend.
    Nope. At most it was available half an hour period earlier today. There are no known time travelling viruses.

Well i hope noscript saved the day for me.

Any ideas if Microsoft Security Essentials has this covered also?

How did you got that virus? It was bound to happen someday :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight
    Or don't be stupid on your PC. MOST PC threats can be prevented with the use of something called a brain, I suggest you get one and stop trying to create a PC vs Mac war.
    NoScript isn't wrong either. That pretty much eliminates any unwished hacks unless they plant the malicious code onto the hacked website itself.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Old god, MMO-Champion got hacked
    It was a new old god conspiracy to hack MMO-Champion! They wish to use Boubouilles crierical abilitys to usher in a new age of darkness and tentacles 0_o

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    It was a new old god conspiracy to hack MMO-Champion! They wish to use Boubouilles crierical abilitys to usher in a new age of darkness and tentacles 0_o
    But which old god was it?!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomm
    Well i hope noscript saved the day for me.

Any ideas if Microsoft Security Essentials has this covered also?
    Unless you block _ALL_ javascript apps it didnt.
    NoScript basically gives you the option to only allow parts of sites you flag as safe, if one of those gets infected it does nothing, since you already allowed it.
    So no, the chances of NosSript saving you from an infection related to this are rather slim.

@Boub;

Regarding the website/ftp part of the users/infection:
    Since the files got changed with the code would the change show up as an new timestamp on the last edit of that file?

Can anyone else see " Oh NOES ITS TEH GUMBLAR!!" Becoming a new internet phrase?? :P :P :P :P

So does this mean that since I have my ftp info for my personal site stored on my SmartFTP, that my website may get messed with? Doing a scan now to get rid of anything that may have creeped in, since I was visiting here earlier today too.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in