If you could reroll to druid would you?

If yes why.
    If no why.

Thank you.
    trying to setup my mind about what class to play for cataclysm it will either be a druid or a priest.
    as a druid I am thinking of going feral (dps) and as a priest I will probably be discipline.
    I just want that cons of the class from a raider or pvper perspective.
    Pew pew

Re: If you could reroll to druid would you?

It's hard to compare feral to discipline...

Seeing as they are polar opposites.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

I know I know.
    I don't want to compare I just want to get a perspective from each spec.
    For example I know that feral dps is a very complicated priority system.
    While disc priest is a ''support'' healer.
    However I could be biased from what I am reading.
    Pew pew

I have both. Raided on my priest from BC to TOC. My druid I raid with occasionally and now has better gear than my priest (lolbadges).

Roll both. It's not hard to level at all, and if you've already got one just wait till cata to roll the other.

I had the same issue so I leveled my own feral tank. After a week of playing on level 80 I got bored. I think it is becouse I'm too much in love with my priest.
    Now I use him only to summon anzu for my priest. Looking at hairy bear back was too much for me it seems.

I have a kitty druid myself, and while your decision to roll either a disc priest or a cat are ultimately going to come down to what you personally feel like doing, I would suggest rolling a feral druid. The main reason is that many people who have ever attempted to play one will admit that it is one of the most difficult specs of all classes to dps as (if not the most difficult). The number of timers you have to watch, in addition to timing abilities based on energy, combo points, mob life expectancy, dot duration, and more make dps-ing as feral a very involved yet rewarding experience. Just keep in mind that playing a cat is not going to be like playing an arcane mage!
    The best thing about rolling a druid, though, is that you can perform all 4 rolls in the game (tank, healer, melee and ranged dps). Therefore, if you ever get bored with feral dps, you're 50 gold away from a whole different game experience!

10+ Year Old Account

First off as mentioned before you are making a choice comparing a dps spec to a healer spec which is a bit odd. Talent trees and abilities will change an infinite number of times between now and Cata all we've got is an inclination on what is to come. I would first look at class mechanics even though you are pretty set on feral or disc at the moment odds are you'll change your mind a couple of times. How does the rotations or priorities (in regards to healing) feel? Even though they are changing i'd vagour that Blizzard is keeping the "general idea" behind the dps/healing class logic unless they've already expressed they are doing a major overhaul. Make a list of you likes and dislikes.

Personally i'd level the druid that way you can postpone your decision untill Cata is released. As for if I had to make the choice myself? Well in hindsight for Woltk I would have chosen a druid, even though priests have had there shiny moments during this expansion pve wise a druid in most cases would have been the easier choice strictly from raid viability perspective (speaking as a healer) then again from a spell mechanic PoV not speaking from experience HoT spamming seems abit dull. For Cata I might level something for fun, maybe get one of my old main's into shape don't really know yet.

15+ Year Old Account

I believe the OP is saying "Would you rather be a Resto Druid in 3.3 rather than a Holy/Disc Priest?". If he is, I understand the question completely, if he wants a Boomkin -vs- SPriest thread, I wouldn't understand the reasoning.

For me? Yeah, sure. My first character in WoW was a Night Elf Druid, I actually managed to get it to level 5 before going "Wow, this game sucks, it's purple everywhere!" (this was during Vanilla, I eventually came back a bit after TBC launch).

A lot of fights in ICC, Priests weren't very helpful, quite a few were asked to sit out on certain hard mode progress fights, though my guild used 3 Priests when doing hard modes so I'm not quite sure how that works. Druids do more healing output, bring Combat Res and Innervate (and Tree of Life aura) and Combat Resses rock the floor when doing progression. I also like the look of Tree Form (Bad Cata, go away).

On the other hand, Life Grip.

10+ Year Old Account

I believe the OP is saying "Would you rather be a Resto Druid in 3.3 rather than a Holy/Disc Priest?
    If that is the case then I guess I partially answered your question but I guess with current content your might risk being marginalized to more of a niche role with a priest than with a druid comparing resto with holy/disc. Depends heavily on your guild of course but many seem to generally (rightly IMO) favoring shammies and droods before holy priests.

IMHO Disc isn't a strong enough tank healing spec which places it in a more supportive role which it can be very very powerful at if executed properly unfortunately again coming back to it you might find yourself in a niche role. This is of course related to what type of content your guild is clearing.

My 45 exalted factions and 8000 ach points (where of none are related to PVP - I'm holy after all) says no.

Other than that, had you asked me a year ago with the knowledge I have today; then yes. Rerolling would have been worth it; with me as a druid my guild would've gotten a much higher server rank on wowprogress. Being a priest has simply held my guild back in WoTLK and that is all there is to it.

Had you asked me three years ago with the knowledge I have today; then yes. I would've avoided the absolute pain that was TBC raiding until CoH spam became dominant, and the drollness it was once we figured out that the spell actually was useful. I would've avoided the horrible mana issues, the loathesome survivability, and the ridiculous TBC farming fun where I could make ~20g / hour as holy and needed around 50g/hour to raid, cries about none of our talented spell abilities being useful, and the blizzard "fix" of tacking 5% spirit on improved death.

Looking back at it, Blizzard has not treated the priests much fair overall. I mean; just mention the old Hymns, shadowpriest output, mana situation and the value of our set bonuses to any priests out there; you'll have a berserking clothie on your hand within seconds. That's how it is, and anyone looking back and saying it's been a good ride is simply delusional.

But - there is a new expansion coming up, and my naive self of course trusts everything to work out, that blizzard will fix everything and that there will be ponies and rainbows for everyone. You see, all the smart priests rerolled or quit years ago

So. Would I reroll now? No. I'm too naive. Despite a monumental empirical evidence of the opposite, I still hold out for blizzard to get it right this time. But I would very much like 5 minutes with the person responsible and a baseball bat to make up for the last few years.

Either way, I am setting myself up for disappointment. Again.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Hellz no! I like being overpowered and having no counter class in PvP :P

That and, Chakra in Cata basically makes us a tree, with Renew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Absolutely not. My Priest was the first toon I rolled way back in Vanilla and I've enjoyed playing him the whole way. At times we've been overpowered, at others we've been the opposite, but I've seldom not enjoyed the various mechanics and min/maxing that this class has offered. Other healers are or have been the FoTM, but I've always found ways to be competitive. Besides, a lot of the changes in Cataclysm look very interesting and I'm looking forward to it.

From a perspective of healing, priests have traditionally offered the most variety in that they tend to use a larger number of the spells in their toolbox than most other healers. With the advent of Disc as a PVE-viable spec in LK, priests were given a second playstyle of healing. If you enjoy healing most, I would encourage you to go the priest route as they are (as of now) more diverse than other healers. You may not necessarily push the meters as far as a resto druid (should you choose to go feral druid and ever 'branch' out into healing) but I find it a more satisfying healing playstyle.

As to druids and feral dps, I expect it will remain one of the more challenging cycles to manage but most rewarding when properly executed. Being a druid you will have maximum flexibility to explore alternate roles as well, which can be a great strength. Essentially you can tank, heal, or ranged/melee dps, and that's a lot of options.

I know my healing role is secure going into Cata, so am comfortable carrying forward my disc priest as my main and will level my feral druid at a more leisurely pace. But if you aren't certain of where your raiding slot will be, it's worth noting that skilled healers and tanks tend to be in much greater demand than dps, a fact well demonstrated by the 1-second queues in LFG for tanks, 1-minute queues for healers, and 10-minute queues for dps (at least in my BG).

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic