Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ret Weapon Question

on my ret pally i had a citadel enforcers claymore then i just recently got the cryptmaker even tho it has armorpen and is more of a warrior wep it has a shitload of strength and an extra socket... should i keep the crptmaker over the claymore until i get a bryntroll?

thanks

Re: Ret Weapon Question

Armory would be helpful. Regardless Cryptmaker > Claymore unless you go way under hit cap when switching.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

Deleted

unless you mean heroic claymore, then cryptmaker talks for itself, more dps & strength.
    Oh also, i think cryptmaker have more hit than claymore?, correct me if im wrong tho

Quote Originally Posted by Eniah
    unless you mean heroic claymore, then cryptmaker talks for itself, more dps & strength.
    Oh also, i think cryptmaker have more hit than claymore?, correct me if im wrong tho
    I was under the assumption it was heroic version, which hast over 100 hit. Regardless, Cryptmaker is the better choice.

Rullk

Hey, bud. I'd like to help you out a bit if you don't mind.

For some people, making gold is hard. I don't want to bust your chops about using that meta gem because it was basically free, but you have epic gems in every other slot. Your meta isn't even active. What's worse is that you have a run speed increasing meta that doesn't stack with the Pursuit of Justice talent.

Here are my suggestions to quickly correct what I see as flaws in your setup.

-Replace your meta gem with a Relentless Earthsiege Diamond (21 Agi/3% Critical damage)
    -Buy a Nightmare Tear and put it in your blue chest socket.

The above two steps will yield a pretty significant DPS boost by giving you the best meta possible and activating it.

-You have exalted reputation with Knights of the Ebon Blade. Make a trip up to northern Icecrown and pick up an Arcanum of Torment to put on your helm.
    -You have exalted reputation with Sons of Hodir. Make a trip out to eastern Storm Peaks and pick up a Greater Inscription of the Axe to put on your shoulders.
    -Purchase an Inscribed Ametrine and place it in the yellow socket in your gloves to make the 6Str bonus.
    -Go say "Hi!!" to the Ashen Verdict ring trader and swap out your Might ring for a Vengeance ring.

The combined list of changes that I have just suggested with net you a big DPS boost. Best of luck in ICC.

EDIT: I just noticed that you are missing a couple enchants. You should have the Hyperspeed Accelerators on your gloves and perhaps one of those fragbelts too.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Hey, bud. I'd like to help you out a bit if you don't mind.

For some people, making gold is hard. I don't want to bust your chops about using that meta gem because it was basically free, but you have epic gems in every other slot. Your meta isn't even active. What's worse is that you have a run speed increasing meta that doesn't stack with the Pursuit of Justice talent.

Here are my suggestions to quickly correct what I see as flaws in your setup.

-Replace your meta gem with a Relentless Earthsiege Diamond (21 Agi/3% Critical damage)
    -Buy a Nightmare Tear and put it in your blue chest socket.

The above two steps will yield a pretty significant DPS boost by giving you the best meta possible and activating it.

-You have exalted reputation with Knights of the Ebon Blade. Make a trip up to northern Icecrown and pick up an Arcanum of Torment to put on your helm.
    -You have exalted reputation with Sons of Hodir. Make a trip out to eastern Storm Peaks and pick up a Greater Inscription of the Axe to put on your shoulders.
    -Purchase an Inscribed Ametrine and place it in the yellow socket in your gloves to make the 6Str bonus.
    -Go say "Hi!!" to the Ashen Verdict ring trader and swap out your Might ring for a Vengeance ring.

The combined list of changes that I have just suggested with net you a big DPS boost. Best of luck in ICC.

EDIT: I just noticed that you are missing a couple enchants. You should have the Hyperspeed Accelerators on your gloves and perhaps one of those fragbelts too.
    All of this. Also get Rid of Ring of Rotting Sinew as you are way over the hitcap.

Rullk

I'm just alittle shocked with the gear you got and you haven't done what Prentice said before.

Also, i'm unsure, but isn't it a better idea to get 4pt10 and nothing else from EOF untill you have 4piece t10 (Helm, shoulder, chest and legs).
    You've bought the Plate Belt (when the leather one is meant to be better), and the cloak which isn't all that from what i've read. The Wartoken is alright but it's less prio then getting your 4pt10. You should aim for the T10 helm as your next item (it should of been used before the belt, trinket, relic and cloak from the EOF vendor).

Your glyphs aren't correct either. Red means what you haven't yet got.

Major
    Glyph of Consecration
    Glyph of Judgements
    Glyph of Seal of Vengance (Corruption) Or Glyph of Exorcism (only when you're expertise cap from gear)

Minor;
    Glyph of Blessing of Might
    Glyph of Sense Undead
    Glyph of Lay of Hands (optional)

Ok, this comment now, i'm alittle unsure on, forgot where i read this, but it was a discussion on what gems a Ret paladin should be taking in T9 and T10.
    Red sockets should be 20strength, Yellow Sockets should be 10strength/10crit, and a blue socket should take a 10stats Pristmatic Gem.
    If you unlock a socket bonus with a Red, or Yellow gem and it gives you a strength bonus higher than 4 you should aim to socket that item.
    Eg;

Chest
    146strength
    130stam
    Red Socket
    Yellow Socket
    [6strength] Socket bonus reward.

You should aim to have a 10strength/10crit in the yellow socket, and a 20strength in the red socket.

If the item has a single Yellow Socket and rewards strength again, you should aim to match that. Some people use 10strength/10haste, but others go for crit. As most people aim for roughly 45-55% crit chance while in a raid buff. Also i think each 10strength/10crit gem is actually 0.3 dps better than a pure 20strength gem on it's own.

My paladins gear is alittle wrong, but i stopped playing and been to lazy to switch out my Rep Ring for the agil one, by the time i come back Agil will not benifit paladins as much (no more Ap on leather items). So i'm keeping the strength one. Also i got T10 gloves instead of chest, i won from VOA (lucky i know) :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kosic
    I'm just alittle shocked with the gear you got and you haven't done what Prentice said before.

Not shocked at all. Only 3 piece T10 but chose to buy the following first

Shitty trinket,
    Shittier belt,
    Ultra Sucktastic Crap Smothered cloak,
    And a libram which gives all of about .0004 dps more than the 245 one.

The last thing I am is shocked.

I know you're still online, Swamp. Respond to my PM already!!!

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account

Prentice, yo, sig is off teh heezy fo sheezy ;D

Just wanted to say that, but in a calm thread that my randomness wouldn't detract from anything xD
    You can't spell 'morgue' without 'rogue'...

Quote Originally Posted by B
    Prentice, yo, sig is off teh heezy fo sheezy ;D

Just wanted to say that, but in a calm thread that my randomness wouldn't detract from anything xD
    Thanks, but Macabre did it and is the man!!111ONE (i think it's a man) He/she just changed his/her's recently and I really REALLY dig the little bit of blood splatter that was added to it. Looks amazing!!

thanks alot guys i did everything you said to do check out the armory also ive had a problem with getting the shoulder enchants.. i got exalted with sons of hodir from the emblems but i still cant get the enchants

anything else i need to know would help alot thanks!
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rusher&cn=Xahe

15+ Year Old Account

I know you're still online, Swamp. Respond to my PM already!!!
    Lawl, you caught me during work -> home transition.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Thanks, but Macabre did it and is the man!!111ONE (i think it's a man)
    It's a mystery even to me.

Quote Originally Posted by toaster234
    thanks alot guys i did everything you said to do check out the armory also ive had a problem with getting the shoulder enchants.. i got exalted with sons of hodir from the emblems but i still cant get the enchants

anything else i need to know would help alot thanks!
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rusher&cn=Xahe
    Not sure if you read the reply i gave, but as your armory hadn't updated that, i'll give this link to kinda prove my point on the 10crit/10stre gems.
    Gems
    Normally use [Bold Cardinal Ruby], one [Nightmare Tear], and [Inscribed Ametrine] in yellow sockets that activate a 4 strength bonus (check Rawr for other bonuses to see if it is worth it).
    Source: http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t84213-r...#ixzz0pAykfS2v

Also, if your not able to buy the shoulder enchant, it's probably due to not completing the main Q line to actually be friendly with Sons of Hodir.
    This is the Quest line starter, just skip through to where your at on the chain.
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=12843

thanks but idk where to get the quest i got to K3 and i have no quests there and idk where to go lol

Quote Originally Posted by toaster234
    thanks but idk where to get the quest i got to K3 and i have no quests there and idk where to go lol

How are you exalted with them and haven't done the questline?? They start out with Hated status.

He probably just bought out the relics needed and got exalted. You can turn them in without unlocking the dailies, needs to be changed imo

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mahi
    You used to be able to get rep tokens from doing the daily heroic if I remember correctly, that might be it.
    you can get them with triumph emblem now.. but thats hell of a farming to get from hated to exalted lol..
    or maybe not.. 84 emblems lol