Breaking the Rules! 4pT10 Bear

I'm in a bit of a pickle. I earned my first 60 frost badges on my druid this week (finally!).

I know that the rule of law is: buy 4 pieces of tier 10 or gtfo.

However, I am really wondering if I should be an exception to this rule. I earned roughly 5-15 badges per week. That's far more than four to five months before I will even be rolling around in tier 10 (unless VoA is extremely nice to me at which point ideally I'd only be looking at 95 more badges).

I could really use to get rid of my relentless, upgrade my trinket, and desperately need a cloak. Should I break the rule and buy trinket or cloak?

Re: Breaking the Rules! 4pT10 Bear

It honestly depends on waht trinket/cloak you have. There are very few good tanking cloaks for bears in early ICC... which is why I got my cloack first. I then went for my 4pcT10 followed by the trink.

So if you're trink/cloask is really bad, u can break the rule... but most of the time, 4pcT10 will be best.

5-15 EoF per week means you're not actually tanking ICC, so you shouldn't ponder that much on what to get: just choose the item that is the biggest upgrade. (whether it's tier items or cloak/trinket/belt/idol)

When you start tanking in ICC you'll see a bigger influx of Emblems, and then you can start to get tier items, but get head+shoulders first..andhope VoA is kind to you

i say whatever gives the most stam :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rightclick
    5-15 EoF per week means you're not actually tanking ICC, so you shouldn't ponder that much on what to get: just choose the item that is the biggest upgrade. (whether it's tier items or cloak/trinket/belt/idol)

When you start tanking in ICC you'll see a bigger influx of Emblems, and then you can start to get tier items, but get head+shoulders first..andhope VoA is kind to you
    This,

By the sounds of things, your doing your daily HC and weekly raid.

So if your not actually raiding ICC, then i'd go for the Cloak and Belt. The trinket want to be your absolute last piece, even at the rate your getting badges i'd still go for your Tier pieces, head followed by shoulders. The EoC badge trinket will do you fine until you start raiding ICC properly.

Deleted

2T10 is still a priority tho, it makes tanking heroics much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by hereticangel
    i say whatever gives the most stam :P
    This, but with better grammar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Honestly, I'd say not to buy anything right now, whenever you do a raid, "rent" the trinket" (ie. buy it then return it before 2 hours are up, if the raids going longer, return and rebuy) save up to 95 badges and grab the helm. If you'd rather get something now, definitely get the cloak.

TL;DR: Get the helm, rent the trinket while you wait, cloak if you're impatient.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir
    2T10 is still a priority tho, it makes tanking heroics much easier.
    Huuuuge threat boost.

I didn't ante up to the 4 piece for tanking until we had downed LK25 for the 1st time. I had the shoulders off deathwhisper and gloves off Rotface instead. There weren't enough emergencies but in heroic it's almost a necessity. With the buff though things change.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by frostbiten
    Honestly, I'd say not to buy anything right now, whenever you do a raid, "rent" the trinket" (ie. buy it then return it before 2 hours are up, if the raids going longer, return and rebuy) save up to 95 badges and grab the helm. If you'd rather get something now, definitely get the cloak.

TL;DR: Get the helm, rent the trinket while you wait, cloak if you're impatient.
    I'll second the "rent" option. As someone who plays 3 druid specs frequently, I constantly rent idols and trinkets when running ICC or VoA. Borrowing something decent while you save up for something great is an excellent way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by frostbiten

it's a good suggestion. You really don't need a tl;dr for 2 sentences though :P

You'd be suprised how impatient/unwilling to read some people are. =p

Quote Originally Posted by Richmond
    This,

By the sounds of things, your doing your daily HC and weekly raid.

So if your not actually raiding ICC, then i'd go for the Cloak and Belt. The trinket want to be your absolute last piece, even at the rate your getting badges i'd still go for your Tier pieces, head followed by shoulders. The EoC badge trinket will do you fine until you start raiding ICC properly.
    I wish I were doing the heroic daily. I'm actually doing more of 1-4 bosses in Icecrown 10 or 25 (whichever I find a group first for - if I find a group all week) and the daily heroic maybe a couple days a week and Toravon.

I think I decided on picking up the cloak from the ICC heroics and saving up for Tier 10 helm (66/95). I'll just keep praying I can get the legs/gloves as drops in VoA. Overall, I won't be doing ICC hardmodes (other than gunship of course) or much past Saurfang so I don't NEED upgrades really. Tanking what I am is super simple anyways.

Thanks for all the advice. Us super duper casuals sometimes need a bit of help too.