Thread: Bear Enchants

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bear Enchants

Hey guys.
    I'm finally switching to tanking from my dps gear, and I had a few questions about enchants.
    First of all, do the armor enchants get a bonus from the bear form as well ? (is the bonus from the enchant multiplied as well ?)
    And I saw that a few bears were using Blood Draining as a weapon enchant, whereas I thought that Mongoose was the way to go.
    That's pretty much all, if anyone can link me their bear armory it would be very nice to look up at the enchants =)
    Thank you for your help.

Re: Bear Enchants

Armor no longer multiplies with bear form, that ceased when WoTLK came out.

As a run down, i'll give you a rouge idea

Head - 37 Stamina + 20 Defence rating
    Shoulder - 20 Dodge + 15 Defence / 30 Stamina + 10 Resilience / The inscription one
    Cloak – 22 Agility / Armor (This is a later gear levels when you are aiming for EH over anything else)
    Chest - +10 Stats / 18 Stamina (Contrary to popular believe, this will provide more HP raid buffed than +275 HP)
    Wrists – 40 Stamina / LW enchant
    Gloves – 20 Agility / Amor (Again, at later gear levels) / Engineering Armor enchant (This is the BiS enchant for gloves atm)
    Belt – Belt buckle ofc with a 30 Stam gem
    Legs – 55 Stamina + 20 Agility
    Boots – 15 Stamina + Minor run speed increase / 22 Stamina – I personally rate the minor run speed increase to be the winner, it works out at 8% and does help a lot
    Rings – Enchanters own Stamina enchant
    Weapon – Mongoose all the way, only enchant Blood draining if your attempting ICC hardmodes when the bosses are hitting like a truck and when each melee swing is swallowing about half your health pool

My armory is in the sig if you need reference material

Deleted

Gloves – 20 Agility / Amor (Again, at later gear levels) / Engineering Armor enchant (This is the BiS enchant for gloves atm)
    i'm using 18 sta one (heavy borean armor kit) and love it. Also much cheaper than 20 agi one

Quote Originally Posted by Richmond
    Armor no longer multiplies with bear form, that ceased when WoTLK came out.

As a run down, i'll give you a rouge idea

Head - 37 Stamina + 20 Defence rating
    Shoulder - 20 Dodge + 15 Defence / 30 Stamina + 10 Resilience / The inscription one
    Cloak – 22 Agility / Armor (This is a later gear levels when you are aiming for EH over anything else)
    Chest - +10 Stats / 18 Stamina (Contrary to popular believe, this will provide more HP raid buffed than +275 HP)
    Wrists – 40 Stamina / LW enchant
    Belt – Belt buckle ofc with a 30 Stam gem
    Legs – 55 Stamina + 20 Agility
    Boots – 15 Stamina + Minor run speed increase / 22 Stamina – I personally rate the minor run speed increase to be the winner, it works out at 8% and does help a lot
    Rings – Enchanters own Stamina enchant
    Weapon – Mongoose all the way, only enchant Blood draining if your attempting ICC hardmodes when the bosses are hitting like a truck and when each melee swing is swallowing about half your health pool

My armory is in the sig if you need reference material
    As a tank, I can only think of 2 or 3 fights where I actually need to move fast, and when I do I get around fine with the 22 stam. The encounters were balanced without a movement speed enchant in mind. Take 22 stam unless you're hurting your raid by being slow.

Quote Originally Posted by frostbiten
    As a tank, I can only think of 2 or 3 fights where I actually need to move fast, and when I do I get around fine with the 22 stam. The encounters were balanced without a movement speed enchant in mind. Take 22 stam unless you're hurting your raid by being slow.
    Moving fast as a tank is a bit of overrated as you can take a few more hits anyway, so indeed, I would go on the 22stam enchent.

Deleted

people in HCs is always in a hurry nowadays, so ill take the 15 sta/minor run speed ofc

kidding ;D

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by frostbiten
    I disagree. Being able to run a little faster in raids is a good asset. The difference of 7 stam is laughable.

regarding the movement speed, i dont use it... but i play a paladin, pursuit of justice ftw!
    anyways, i would take it. It may not be much, but that little thing, that makes you pick up the adds that little sooner, it might be worth it. and 7 stam? not worth much tbh...

else, the list Richmond made looks decent. Gloves, i dunno about agi or stam, depends if youre already at a laughable high amount og HP for your raid tier, go for agi... at some point, HP wont help you much

The movement speed is laughable as well. A whole 8.5%?! Neither are worth not taking one over the other. I function fine without the increase, therefore I take the 7 stam. That's why I said stam unless you *need* the increase.

Not to mention the stam is affected by kings, bear form, and the icc buff, while the speed is not. Moving faster is nice, but not necessary. Being able to get to a spot faster is more of a dps buff imo.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

The pvp enchant on shoulders are better in any situation.

Quote Originally Posted by eErike
    Moving fast as a tank is a bit of overrated as you can take a few more hits anyway, so indeed, I would go on the 22stam enchent.
    7 stamina (22 vs. 15 + run speed) is appx. 137 health fully raid buffed with 20% ICC buff. I'd rather be able to move 8% faster than have 137 health. I can't recall a single time that I had less than 137 health and actually lived through the ordeal. 22 stam vs. 15 stam is not going to get you "a few more hits". It won't even get you one more hit. 8% speed may be what you need to get to those adds before they squish your dps or to get out of Blistering Cold right after that lag spike. I find the speed more rewarding than 137 health when I'm already over 85,000.

It's not essential and you can debate about the benefits of one over the other all day if you'd like, but it's unlikely that either enchant is going to make or break the encounter. I don't particularly feel I need the additional 7 stamina, some people might disagree.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tibben
    7 stamina (22 vs. 15 + run speed) is appx. 137 health fully raid buffed with 20% ICC buff. I'd rather be able to move 8% faster than have 137 health. I can't recall a single time that I had less than 137 health and actually lived through the ordeal. 22 stam vs. 15 stam is not going to get you "a few more hits". It won't even get you one more hit. 8% speed may be what you need to get to those adds before they squish your dps or to get out of Blistering Cold right after that lag spike. I find the speed more rewarding than 137 health when I'm already over 85,000.
    ^^ This

It's really silly to argue that 7 more stam is that significant in comparison to the run speed increase. We are feral tanks, do you people really need that 7 stam that much more ?

I'm at 76k health in 25ICC and thats with 1 stam trinket. I think it would be idiotic to take away the run increase so I can have a whole 7 extra stam.

what would u need run speed for when u can just go cat form and run faster or even sprint to get out of that blistering cold i cant reccon any other fight u would need to move faster unless ur not thinking forward or letting or tanked mobs run far b4 noticing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Patrix4780
    what would u need run speed for when u can just go cat form and run faster or even sprint to get out of that blistering cold i cant reccon any other fight u would need to move faster unless ur not thinking forward or letting or tanked mobs run far b4 noticing lol
    Cause if you got hit by something before you switched back you just wiped your raid.

and at what specifik fight are u getting hit while running away? i cant think of any for sure

if u get hit there u failed already lol

Tanks have to run away from Blistering Cold now?
    and at what specifik fight are u getting hit while running away? i cant think of any for sure
    Lady Deathwhisper adds, shadow tanking blood princes, DW adds, LK adds.

Run speed is good for every ICC fight apart from Saua,Fester,Rot, not taking it for a tiny bit of stam is pointless.

As for tank weapon enchant there are many threads on the subject. The contenders are Mongoose,Blood draining.
    --Mongoose is a proc effect giving you about 2% dodge that is up fairly often;
    --Blood Draining restores health if you have a hit that reduces you below 35% you gain up to 2200 HP.

I don't know about you, but if I'm being slowly taken down by a boss my healers are failing (for whatever reason, probably a DC). The only time I should dip below 80% hp is when that single big hit lands. If I'm at <50% hp that big hit will kill me. There's a very slim chance that 2200 hp is going to save my life. Personally I always go for Mongoose, it costs more, but the 2% dodge lowers the load on your healers for the entire fight, leaving them with more mana to heal that moonkin standing in fire to finish off his eclipse proc (you know who you are!).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

on sindragosa run speed is nice to have to drop your debuff in the last phase. I always go for tuskarr, most of the people in my guild started using it because of blistering cold (or the agi one).

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth
    Tanks have to run away from Blistering Cold now?
    Good tanks will. Tell me why you wouldn't avoid a decent amount of dmg when it is insanely easy to do.