Thread: New to priest

New to priest

Hey community!

long time reader, infrequent poster.. anyway..

I'm new to disco priest and i just basically need to tips and hint. Seen alot of forum posts giving advice and whatnot about holy, but cant find much on disco (if i've missed it and been a moron please link me to where i should be looking).

this is an alt so will purely be running heroics and the occasional pug raid, so bare that in mind with gear advice.
    Basically, what should I be gemming? Anything i should aim for?

please be gentle

Re: New to priest

disc wants spell power and crit rating.
    This signature has been removed due to a violation of the Signatures + Avatars guidelines.

10+ Year Old Account

Best gear will be:

Spell Power
    Crit
    Haste

Gem for pure SP after you stop having mana issues. Toss SP + Int in yellow sockets until then imo. Honestly there's a lot of ways to gem when you're first starting out.

SP is king, aim for gear with the highest amount of it.

Spirit is meh and Mp5 is usually better, but you shouldn't be aiming for either and at the same time not turning it way if it's an upgrade.

Heroic- Shield tank and if AoE is a possible the party, you pennance when tank needs heals. Spam Flash other wise.
    if party is badly hurt shield then PoH

Raid-This is just you being good. Is the tank healers bad? then tank heal, shield EVERY time, pennance every CD, and flash is filler
    Is raid terribad? Spam shield, if their gona die then shield->PoH, or if single Pennace

(for raid ONLY POH if atleast 4/5 of THAT GROUP is getting hurt)

i never use PoH as disc O_o
    usually i just spam PW:S
    pennance if tank or anyone else is dipping
    prayer of mending the tanks
    and spot heal with flash heal

Quote Originally Posted by Checksmix
    Heroic- Shield tank and if AoE is a possible the party, you pennance when tank needs heals. Spam Flash other wise.
    if party is badly hurt shield then PoH

Raid-This is just you being good. Is the tank healers bad? then tank heal, shield EVERY time, pennance every CD, and flash is filler
    Is raid terribad? Spam shield, if their gona die then shield->PoH, or if single Pennace

(for raid ONLY POH if atleast 4/5 of THAT GROUP is getting hurt)
    If you have the haste, and you should, Greater Heal will outweigh Flash Heal when you can fit it in. That's both with, and without Borrowed Time.

It's three targets that makes Prayer outweigh a shield (especially with BT), but if it's two, and one of them's yourself, Binding Heal > two shields, any day of the week.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by chupatwo
    disc wants spell power and crit rating.
    This, and intellect until you're gear is good enough where you don't need to worry bout mana.