Poll: Which is the best PvP MMO?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: PvP MMO, WoW vs AoC vs Aion

Thanks guys awesome help! So it looks like AoC is looking pretty good for PvP atm....

Diablo 2: LoD
    With OPEN B-NET!!!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sápphh
    Exactly. It's so damn good it's non-existant.
    Runescape got fucked up when they implemented ep and made pvp and bounty worlds.
    Here's my character,im 12 years old. All kids that play wow aren't bad
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Cocoabutterz

Quote Originally Posted by googe
    The best MMO for PvP is EVE Online, hands down.
    As K3ge said, you cant compare it, its totally different MMO(i agree, it is awesome)

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch
    I'd jump right back to Warhammer Online: Age of reckoning, if their playerbase would ever grow.
    Overall an awesome game, doesn't take for ever to level your toon. Superb pvp - sometimes going on for hours.
    And there's PQs!
    The first few months were just epic. Best PvP ever! But yeah... the game is dying now...
    "The Internet, where the men are men, the women are also men, and the children are FBI agents."

Warhammer online is defineatly the best PvP based MMO so far (and wow have even stolen somt hings from (paying royalities) such as wintergrasp and XP from pvp.) and if the playerbase were bigger, then it would be incredible (and alot of keeps and zones wouldnt be so poorly protected)
    I rerolled WAR back then, and im still playing it with a major interest.

out of the 3 listed, I would say Aion actually had the best pvp, though I never got to end game, the world pvp was very frequent, though the grind was so utterly unbearable that I quit. There is built in 'resilience' that reduces all player vs player damage, and melee can get these whip-like weapons that extend their melee range by a few yards. There were a bunch of scaling issues like spiritmaster pets not getting any stats from the player and heals not benefitting at all from gear, which also made the healing classes (and spiritmasters) completely OP with bad gear, and in later gear the only thing that would change was having more HP.

I've heard nothing but bad things about AoC

WoW pvp is only balanced if you have the best gear and the right comp.

15+ Year Old Account

EVE = Massively Multiplayer Online Spreadsheet

WoW probably has the best PVP, It's not great, and there has been better, but when you look at the game play attached to it... WoW is the best (sadly)

Warhammer Online had good PVP, but the game play was just terrible. Their combat system was clunky, unresponsive, and poorly designed.

Age of Conan was all about being whatever class was the most powerful in PVP, at the time when I played you either ran with Barbarians, were a Barbarian, or you were the guy/group that just got killed by a Barbarian/Group of Barbarians.

Aion PVP was all about which side had more numbers, not much strategy involved.

My favorite PVP was in Shadowbane at its peak. 100% World pvp everywhere, take loot/gold from peoples corpses, build cities and fortresses that others could attack at any time. It was great while it lasted.

Pre trammel UO.
    You have annoyed me? I shall now shank you in the face until you die, take all your gear, cut your corpse into pieces, and place your head on my house patio.
    God I miss that game.

If you look solely to pvp, I would play Guild Wars, though that game has gone downhill since Nightfall. Out of those three though, get WoW. No contest.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch
    I'd jump right back to Warhammer Online: Age of reckoning, if their playerbase would ever grow.
    Overall an awesome game, doesn't take for ever to level your toon. Superb pvp - sometimes going on for hours.
    And there's PQs!
    This. This is the best game I have ever played hands down. But unfortunately no MMO is fun with so few players. If it had wows numbers it would be so much more amazing than wow could ever be.
    Quote Originally Posted by ipresskeys View Post
    You just made me shit my pants..
    What a bunch of bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkfremin View Post
    Luckily, I never liked the guy that much, so his absence will not affect me in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Daljo
    Guild Wars is your best bet, the PvP is pretty well balanced.
    This. it really depends purely on your skill. if you have the wrong skills ready for combat your going to get face rolled. you gotta adapt to new stratigys every battleground. pure awesome imo!

Can't speak for any of the games listed here except WoW, and my opinion of WoW PvP isn't very positive. After years and years playing this game (I started after MC, almost exactly at the same time as BWL), I can honestly say that the PvP in WoW is just hilariously terrible. It's unbalanced as hell, and there has never been a decent medium struck between "too bursty" and "resilience means killing anyone takes 15 minutes." If you're interested in serious PvP, you need to do the smart thing and start looking elsewhere besides MMOs. The only MMO in history that ever had decent PvP was pre-Age of Shadows Ultima Online (Age of Shadows was the expansion wherein the Tom Chilton, known to WoW players as Kalgan, took the reigns of Ultima Online and utterly desecrated the game). If you want real PvP, get an Xbox 360 or a PS3 and play some Modern Warfare, or even Halo 3. MMOs are the wrong place to look for PvP.

On a side-note, if you're just looking for an MMO to pass some time with besides WoW, I'd recommend getting a free trial of Champions Online. It's not a terribly difficult game (at least not until max level lairs, and such) but as far as sheer fun factory, it currently out-performs WoW, in my book. I'm to the point that I only log in to WoW three days a week for raids, and the rest of my gaming time is spent on Champions. PvP there is a preposterously unbalanced gib-fest, but... the devs don't even really apologize for it. It's a PvE game, and you PvP at your own risk. Basically... the devs have the exact attitude that the WoW devs should have.
    Yeah We ALl do m8 guess again somting went frong well lets hope it will be fixed soon
    ...?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuitous
    EVE = Massively Multiplayer Online Spreadsheet
    < this
    and he's the proof: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...208-Eve-Online

Quote Originally Posted by Bolvar Fordragon - The Lich King
    ROFL, Intergalactic ass.

I played EVE for about a week and got bored stiff then quit.

So I guess WoW has better PvP than AoC, right?