Worst MMO you've played?

Excluding other video games, what was the absolute worst MMO you played, and why?

My friend told me the worst he played was this monster truck MMO where you drove a car and just...shot at other cars.
    Nothing.

Re: Worst MMO you've played?

Some game called Tankz or something like that, it had the worst connection ever, bad graphics and terrible gameplay.

Basically it was a FPS and you were a tank in a massive free-for-all...

I was going to say Runescape untill I remembered that

15+ Year Old Account

I wouldn't call it the "worst" exactly but When I first started guild wars it was very underwhelming. the gameplay was fun but I got to max level (lol 20?) and got bored fast.

That's just me though, I haven't played too many MMO's.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Any game you can't jump.
    Worst MMO for me is any Korean game. A country that has a huge chunk of their annual income come from gold selling cannot be trusted to make a game that will stop, or even dissuade gold selling.

Star Wars Galaxies. It had sooo many great ideas but ohhh man did if fail hard. Shoot you couldn't even have vehicles in game till 4 or 5 months after release and even then your vehicle could be targeted and destroyed by any tool that wanted to destroy it.

-Almost all ur quests came from the same terminal.
    -As big as the "Galaxy" was only a few cities on some planets EVER had ppl in
    them.
    -The landscape was totally boreing and generic.
    -The space aspect was cool but you had to pay for a x-pac to get it.
    -The grind to be a Jedi changed to many times to count.
    -Then once u got ur Jedi unlocked you could only die 3 times other wise your toon
    would really die and no longer be playable. (Yeah thats right..perma-death)

But the biggest kick in the balls was with the famous "Combat Upgrade" Totally changed the game. (I'm serious. The entire UI, Combat, Class Mechanics were changed and jedi were availiable to everyone which imo should have been implamented since release. So the server pop went from .1% jedi to 90% overnight)

I can think of a whole bunch more but i don't want to take up this whole thread :P

Aion. It sucks donkeyballs...

The .000000000000000000000001 loot drop rate, the huge amounts of cash u had to pay when u died, the laggy as hell PVP, the unfairness of the rift system. it sucks.
    and Aion 2.0 will suck to because it doesnt address any of the fundamental problems that make the game suck ass
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account

It had to be MapleStory. I mean, if you think about it:
    -It's the game that gives the embrassing view about how micro-transactions are bad.
    -Hacking is rampant, both in-game and account hacking. I believe there were several instances where hackers were able to hack into game servers to get mass amounts of account information.
    -Cybershire isn't as bad as someof the stuff you hear in this game.
    -Classes in this game are so unbalanced it makes WoW looks like it's perfectly balanced when it comes to classes.
    -Upgrading gear has an RNG side to it, better upgrades mean a risk of failure or even item destruction.
    -Not many high-end items are BoP, so money takes you really far in this game.
    -You have to merchant to make money mainly, there's no such thing as dailies in this game.
    -Customer service is almost non-existent. Account got hacked because of the server hack-ins? Nope, it's your fault user, L2SCRUITY.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac
    It had to be MapleStory. I mean, if you think about it:
    -It's the game that gives the embrassing view about how micro-transactions are bad.
    -Hacking is rampant, both in-game and account hacking. I believe there were several instances where hackers were able to hack into game servers to get mass amounts of account information.
    -Cybershire isn't as bad as someof the stuff you hear in this game.
    -Classes in this game are so unbalanced it makes WoW looks like it's perfectly balanced when it comes to classes.
    -Upgrading gear has an RNG side to it, better upgrades mean a risk of failure or even item destruction.
    -Not many high-end items are BoP, so money takes you really far in this game.
    -You have to merchant to make money mainly, there's no such thing as dailies in this game.
    -Customer service is almost non-existent. Account got hacked because of the server hack-ins? Nope, it's your fault user, L2SCRUITY.
    LOL that is some bullsh*t! "Account got hacked because of the server hack-ins? Nope, it's your fault user, L2SCRUITY." WOW thats all i got to say about this.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Foamybeers
    LOL that is some bullsh*t! "Account got hacked because of the server hack-ins? Nope, it's your fault user, L2SCRUITY." WOW thats all i got to say about this.
    Yep, all that bullshit from that game is quite saddening. That game's hacking go so bad that it was featured in a news article:

Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

The Vagisil add proves that those guys are douches.