Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Blizzard doesn't give a shit about your "skills"

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft
    Only used the word work because it is what you preferred to use in what I quoted from you. Just because some kid does not like pure math does not mean he will get the same out of doing applied math.
    just be straight forward instead of pretending you're confucious or something.

so you're basically just telling me i should Arena or Raid, right? i'm pretty sure i already gave you an answer to that. i'll wait for Cata thx :P

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur
    That has nothing to do with skill. In fact, it means that the difference in players will be LESS about 'proper' spec/gearing in Cata and MORE about playing your class correctly and being able to pull off awesome shit like tanking brezzes and CC-on-the-fly.

Having the optimal spec these days has nothing or very little to do with 'skill' lately anyway. All someone has to do is google "3.3 dk dps spec" and they get the cookie cutter Unholy spec with proc-weapons vs. non-proc weapons.

Skill will not be about mathing your way through the best gear and spec. It will be about getting everything out of your class that you can. A sub-optimal player will still not be able to do that. The gap may be somewhat closer than it is now, yes. But the truley skilled players will always come out on top. Quit'cher bitchin.'

only thing i wonder is IF blizzard can do Raid/PvE item/content updating without overpowering it for PvP, like the current WoW dilemma. it seems like each time Raid/PvE content gets updated, while PvP content is stale, its always bloated vs PvP gearing. time and again, same happened during vanilla with T4....it JUST happened in wotlk and is a huge reason for the bloat on the top end of gear, and given that Blizzard likes to make PvP incentive using PvE gear to some degree, i have my doubts things will change to be more about skill than gear/math stats.

i think we're expecting too much, but at least they're sort of saying the right things.

Can't this thread be locked? The OP failed horribly with his troll... Instead of letting us search for adjustments he made in the quote of GC he obviously stated it.

Reading between the lines fail! Go away...

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale
    just be straight forward instead of pretending you're confucious or something.

so you're basically just telling me i should Arena or Raid, right? i'm pretty sure i already gave you an answer to that. i'll wait for Cata thx :P
    Wait what, that wasn't straight forward?

And yes, I am saying do either a little of Arena or a little of raiding. Most of the issues you mention in your posts deal with how its gear disparity keeping you down, yet the only thing keeping that gear disparity between you and player X is a decision you've made. If you're not willing to remedy this situation, then why complain? the solution is before you, you just refuse to take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by worlddan
    As you are Blue too, i agree.

This just in Blizzard makes a remark about taking out emphasis on talent builds, and putting emphasis on gear choices and player skill and OP fails to comprehend it at all.

More at 11.

Seriously though, Blizzard gives a great heaping pile of shit about my skill, because they want me to be able to perform just as well as I do now, maybe even better, while still allowing me to be flexible with my talent points and add a touch of personal flavor to my build.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

bliszard is giveing new skills to all in catalysm

Casual does = bad. They are totally different. I am, by some some people definition, casual. I play about 20 hours a week. I am, by no means, a bad player. I do not expect to get the same perks as someone who is skilled and puts a lot of time into the game. Blizz likes to even the score more.

You will not see me on here, or any other forum, QQing about why I can't have (item) that (so-and-so) has. Again, casual does not = bad!

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft
    Wait what, that wasn't straight forward?

And yes, I am saying do either a little of Arena or a little of raiding. Most of the issues you mention in your posts deal with how its gear disparity keeping you down, yet the only thing keeping that gear disparity between you and player X is a decision you've made. If you're not willing to remedy this situation, then why complain? the solution is before you, you just refuse to take it.
    ughh i already told you the situation will be remedied in Cataclysm. the only QQ i brought up was the stupidity and one sidedness of current rewards progression for pvp, of which the Dev's obviously think is an issue enough to change for Cata.

as things are, gear passive survivability and dps is considerable between the haves vs have nots. even worse adding raid trinkets/gear into the equation....

So you cross out "spec" replace it with "PLAYER" claim it's all about skill and blame Blizzard. Spec, just like gear, does not equal skill. Neither does spec equal player. If I could load up a talent chart IRL I sure as shit wouldn't be putting points into WoW PVP. A bit of a stretched example but the point is that a persons spec says very little about skill. Perhaps it can alude to an individual's knowledge, but that is hardly a direct correlation to skill.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    Can't people see an upside to this?
    You can actually spec into stuff you like, instead of taking the one and only correct pve/pvp spec. This has nothing to do with "skills", but less homogenization (isn't that what people want?)
    No one knows what they want.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale
    ughh i already told you the situation will be remedied in Cataclysm. the only QQ i brought up was the stupidity and one sidedness of current rewards progression for pvp, of which the Dev's obviously think is an issue enough to change for Cata.

as things are, gear passive survivability and dps is considerable between the haves vs have nots. even worse adding raid trinkets/gear into the equation....
    The one sided rewards progression for Pvp was because only in Arena could Blizzard most accurately measure the players capabilities. It would make no sense to have the best Pvp gear available from the current BG system throughout BC and WotLK. Even with the advent of rated BGs coming in Cataclysm, several aspects about it still remain questionable, for example, the fact that they current don't intend for you to be able to lose rating when you lose a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by fawlty
    Casual does = bad. They are totally different. I am, by some some people definition, casual. I play about 20 hours a week. I am, by no means, a bad player. I do not expect to get the same perks as someone who is skilled and puts a lot of time into the game. Blizz likes to even the score more.

You will not see me on here, or any other forum, QQing about why I can't have (item) that (so-and-so) has. Again, casual does not = bad!
    Wait, I'm confused... I'm assuming you meant the latter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

worddan, your post sounds more like whining and assumptions than like actual reasoning. Not to mention that you decided to change a word in his post to change the entirety of its meaning.

So yeah, your post is worthless, your opinion is worthless and you are worthless. Next time you want to put words in someone's mouth, don't.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't understand why the original poster crossed out "spec" and replaced it with "player". Is is trying to say that he thinks your spec = your skill? I guess he believes a shadow spec player would heal worse than a holy spec player that only used renew.

Quote Originally Posted by Takanasi
    In this sense, PVE requires hardly any skill, only knowledge, luck and repetition.
    really smiled over this one.

luck is a factor in pvp as well, so cross that one out.
    add execution and you have the three words i would probably describe skill with.
    ...just another dream within a dream...

I could or would agree with that subject to an extent, but my no means does what you say prove your point at all, or make a strong case for anything. First off tht quote just seems a bit out of context, and most of it is just a rant of what you think.

The ghost quote means strictly in regards to the talent building of the game, THAT IS NOT SKILL, that is research. It was to address the cookie cutter specs, and how one spec of the same tree for people who ONLY raid or whatever would be far superior to those who like a different playstyle or do not know the 'best' damage dealing spec build.

Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr
    really smiled over this one.

luck is a factor in pvp as well, so cross that one out.
    add execution and you have the three words i would probably describe skill with.
    pvp is still so much harder than pve (11/12 icc25 hm here)
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

This whole topic is ridiculous. I guess people really will whine about anything these days. I fail to see what "skill" has to do with talent spec, when the majority of people playing the game have identical talent specs at lvl 80.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

gotta love all the nerds arguing about which aspect of the game requires more "skill"
    Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.