Boomkin Vs Unholy Death Knight

I've had this encounter multiple times (from the boomkin perspective) and have been completely destroyed every time. It seems there is the perfect DK counter to every one of my moves. Not to mention Desecration makes my travel form useless.

When the DK gets caught by my roots, he has Death Grip, Ghoul Stun, and silence.

What can I do? Is this combo going to be one-sided till Cata?

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Boomkin Vs Unholy Death Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Zamph
    I've had this encounter multiple times (from the boomkin perspective) and have been completely destroyed every time. It seems there is the perfect DK counter to every one of my moves. Not to mention Desecration makes my travel form useless.

When the DK gets caught by my roots, he has Death Grip, Ghoul Stun, and silence.

Its a 1v1 situation, almost all 1v1 situations are one-sided.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

the best you can hope for is to out DPS him, or get off a lucky cyclone and heal. pop starfall and trees and trinket the ghoul stun or silence, stay in boomkin and wrath spam. if he has ghoul stun, silence, anti mag shield, and trinket all off CD, your fucked. if they dont have desecration is a bit easier. typhoon them out of melee, and kite with dots and travel. cyclone and heal.

DK's are a Boomkins biggest counter, bar-none. They have multiple cooldowns to mitigate your damage and they are next to impossible to peel off you with chains/desecration/death grip. To people to tell you to L2Shapeshift, they are dumb and have never played a boomkin.

For a Strategy: Try to force Death grip before you typhoon, try to force AMS before you starfall. If you can make those things happen you have a chance, but I've had situations where I do both and I still get facerolled.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamph

I've hardly lose to a DK 1v1 in duels actually. The trick is to start in stealth and root > dot them, they'll normally grip u in, then u travel form away ASAP. By this time they'll either pet stun or spam chains of lol which u just trinket/keep running away in travel. Once u get some distance pop trees and dot again keeping ur distance, Dk'll be now probably silence, pop anti-magic and try zerg u down. Try hot up then pop starfall > typhoon and now zerg them down. If by this time he dont die then pop NG and try run away and repeat. =)

Tactic 2 is try to kill their pet 1st with starfall so DK cant use sacrifice for HP, then kill DK like the above strat.

Btw i dueled against several near full DKs above 2k with this strategy and won. Its really all abt surviving their CDs > make them pop anti-magic, then popping starfall and killing them. Hots and travel form are ur friend becos DKs do alot less dps after spamming chains of lol.

Hope this helps =)

PS: If the DK has byntroll weapon from marrowgar 25, then ur pretty screwed =P Also, make sure u glyph barkskin, insect swarm and starfall (-30sec cd) otherwise u prob dont stand a chance, o ye and the tank trinket from emblems ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyte87

I've hardly lose to a DK 1v1 in duels actually. The trick is to start in stealth and root > dot them, they'll normally grip u in, then u travel form away.
    etc

Hope this helps =)
    Keep in mind that a duel is something completely different than a 1v1 fight in a bg or outdoors or perhaps even in an arena.
    Also not every Deathknight uses the same abilities or acts the same way as you described your own personal duels.

On topic: I've always had problems with Unholy Deathknights myself, however, they aren't unkillable.

The best thing to do varifies per situation.
    My advice would be to to make smart use of Druids being a hybrid class. You've got the abilities to keep yourself alive and reduce damage, try to outlast your opponent by making use of those abilities.
    Try to stay in the favourable position of having more health and being out of reach, achieve this by making use of Typhoon and the likes, rather than trying to out-DPS the dk as that will probably not work.

I know this is kind of vage but that's just because there isn't such a thing as "THE strategy to kill an Unholy Deathknight".
    Playing the game for fun and not for e-fame
    www.thefreedictionary.com for those struggling with their english vocabulary, like myself

Quote Originally Posted by Poesje
    Keep in mind that a duel is something completely different than a 1v1 fight in a bg or outdoors or perhaps even in an arena.
    Also not every Deathknight uses the same abilities or acts the same way as you described your own personal duels.

On topic: I've always had problems with Unholy Deathknights myself, however, they aren't unkillable.

The best thing to do varifies per situation.
    My advice would be to to make smart use of Druids being a hybrid class. You've got the abilities to keep yourself alive and reduce damage, try to outlast your opponent by making use of those abilities.
    Try to stay in the favourable position of having more health and being out of reach, achieve this by making use of Typhoon and the likes, rather than trying to out-DPS the dk as that will probably not work.

I know this is kind of vage but that's just because there isn't such a thing as "THE strategy to kill an Unholy Deathknight".
    ye ofc and i agree with u, i play boom to 2k in arenas in both 2s and 3s facing alot of DKs. I'm really just stating what they normally do from my own experience when i do certain things, ofc apart from what i said there will be situations where u need to fake cast mind freeze and get cyclones in etc. against gd DKs. I'm just trying to state some strategies and advice for the OP =)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyte87

I've hardly lose to a DK 1v1 in duels actually. The trick is to start in stealth and root > dot them, they'll normally grip u in, then u travel form away ASAP. By this time they'll either pet stun or spam chains of lol which u just trinket/keep running away in travel. Once u get some distance pop trees and dot again keeping ur distance, Dk'll be now probably silence, pop anti-magic and try zerg u down. Try hot up then pop starfall > typhoon and now zerg them down. If by this time he dont die then pop NG and try run away and repeat. =)

Tactic 2 is try to kill their pet 1st with starfall so DK cant use sacrifice for HP, then kill DK like the above strat.

Btw i dueled against several near full DKs above 2k with this strategy and won. Its really all abt surviving their CDs > make them pop anti-magic, then popping starfall and killing them. Hots and travel form are ur friend becos DKs do alot less dps after spamming chains of lol.

Hope this helps =)

PS: If the DK has byntroll weapon from marrowgar 25, then ur pretty screwed =P Also, make sure u glyph barkskin, insect swarm and starfall (-30sec cd) otherwise u prob dont stand a chance, o ye and the tank trinket from emblems ftw.

did you just say trinket the chains of lol?

/cast !travel form > trinket on movement impairing, fyi.