Poll: are you embarrassed to use Kingslayer

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by savato View Post
    well since the 20% buff came out im just wondering if people who are in really good guilds (ICC25 HC progress) are embarrassed to use the Kingslayer title since all the casual guilds are starting to get it answer the poll/discuss your opinions
    aren't you embarrassed creating stupid polls?
    how a title can be embarrassing?!

Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post
    Not embarrassing at all. I know a few "Hardcore" Guilds that still haven't killed Lich even though they raid 4-6 days a week. With or without the buff.
    No, you know a few "bad" guilds.

On topic, it is embarrassing to wear because it suggests that you think it denotes a significant achievement when it doesn't. It would be ok if sounded really cool but it doesn't, unlike "Of the Nightfall" or even "Of the Shattered Sun". They sound cool even if they don't mean you're good, Kingslayer is just meh.

I don't even use it on my 3 alts that have it and "the patient" as their only titles, I prefer to be untitled.

Kingslayer is the new duelist

---------- Post added 2010-11-01 at 09:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by keule View Post
    aren't you embarrassed creating stupid polls?
    how a title can be embarrassing?!
    of the shattered sun comes to mind

I got my exalted title now...so who cares about kingslayer?

Although I did get it at 5%...
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2010-11-01 at 09:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

I'm not but I don't wear it anymore since i got the Undying
    Light, Grant me this one last wish so that I may be released from these frozen binds and stop the utter destruction of Azeroth.
    *EXPLOSION* MY ROFLSWORD GOES SLICE SLICE SLICE SLICE.
    It is over......

I use Kingslayer on my warrior. Who cares what others do? If i wanted to be special i'd use "of Gnomeregan".
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptAwesome View Post
    On topic, it is embarrassing to wear because it suggests that you think it denotes a significant achievement when it doesn't.
    You're begging the question there. Do people really only wear titles because they think they denote significant achievements? Should people only wear titles that denote significant achievements?

It's funny because it seems like nearly the entire population wears a title of some variety and most of them are not server firsts or HMLK kills. That seems to speak against that claim right there. Do you really think Joeblow"Jenkins" is wearing that title because he thinks that he's done something extraordinary?

Shocking as it may be, sometimes people just happen like a particular title for whatever subjective reason.

I'd argue you're wrong on two fronts: First, the premise that people are wearing the title only because they think it's impressive. And two, the claim that Kingslayer isn't a significant achievement for people: for some people it was. How significant their accomplish was is not a hard and vast rule; it's different for every person who has it. Not everyone was carried through with the buff. Some people spent a lot of hours wiping and learning the fight long before the rest of us had even seen it. Those people should be proud of what they've done.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

This thread is so meh...

How would a title be embarassing? Only 10 percent of the population has it...still pretty unique...

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaxx View Post
    This thread is so meh...

How would a title be embarassing? Only 10 percent of the population has it...still pretty unique...
    10%? Really? Everyone and their pet has it on Cho'gall. Perhaps even their non-combat pets too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    10%? Really? Everyone and their pet has it on Cho'gall. Perhaps even their non-combat pets too.
    I think that stat is made up but it wouldn't surprise me if it was similar to that in reality for level 80 characters. While I'm sure nearly every raiding player has it on their "mains," there are probably a lot of players who don't raid (which we might not interact with much since our social circles tend to mostly involve those with similar interests, ie other raiders) who of course wouldn't have it. And don't forget all those leveling characters, and max level alts that aren't raided on, which would also drive up the statistic.

Probably if we just looked at raiding 80 characters, we'd find the majority had it, but that's only a fraction of the actual character population.

| twitch | bsky
    |

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I think that stat is made up but it wouldn't surprise me if it was similar to that in reality for level 80 characters. While I'm sure nearly every raiding player has it on their "mains," there are probably a lot of players who don't raid (which we might not interact with much since our social circles tend to mostly involve those with similar interests, ie other raiders) who of course wouldn't have it. And don't forget all those leveling characters, and max level alts that aren't raided on, which would also drive up the statistic.

Probably if we just looked at raiding 80 characters, we'd find the majority had it, but that's only a fraction of the actual character population.
    Don't need to interact with them to see the sea of "Somedude the Kingslayer" afk'ing in Dalaran.

Hell, all my 80 alts have it too, and those were in PuGs.

In order to accurately measure such a statistic, we'd need to see only the people eligible for the title, aka level 80s, on any given server. From there we can get percentages and then averages between servers. I'm not sure of a particularly efficient way to do it, but I assure you that even on a low populated server the percentage of level 80 characters with the title Kingslayer by now would definitely be above 10%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt wear it when I got my original kill.

even today most people do not have it. its definitely nothing special thats for sure. but embarrassing? no

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Hell, all my 80 alts have it too, and those were in PuGs.

In order to accurately measure such a statistic, we'd need to see only the people eligible for the title, aka level 80s, on any given server. From there we can get percentages and then averages between servers. I'm not sure of a particularly efficient way to do it, but I assure you that even on a low populated server the percentage of level 80 characters with the title Kingslayer by now would definitely be above 10%.
    Oh I'm not disagreeing at all with that, I'm just saying that the person you responded to said "10% of the population" which would include non-80s and non-raiders. In that skew, a figure of 10% might not be incorrect. It's an inappropriate sample, for sure, but that doesn't necessarily mean the figure it wrong. Obviously if you only looking at raiding 80s, the figure would be well into the majority.

| twitch | bsky
    |

bloodsail admiral is just way cooler, also i guess it shows you havent got light of dawn, or bane of the fallen king i guess

i only put the title on after i downed LK cuz people were like "why dont you have your title on".i stopped caring about ICC a while ago,would rather pvp all day until the expansion now
    Last edited by CrunkJuice5; 2010-11-01 at 10:54 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have 5 kingslayers. Such a ridiculously easy title to get. I only display it on toons that have nothing better to display.

I stopped raiding (completely.) right before Ulduar came out so I don't have it.

I either wear The Immortal (pre-ulduar of course, riding my Black Proto Drake -- not dying in Naxx in 213/226 was hard (lol? especially at those "lol naxx is easy dawg" people) and apparently can still be hard in full 277/284 gear, but the wannabe guilds guilds can get it now at least)

or Conqueror, which I grinded for 4 months straight (AB and WSG from neutral) in TBC, or Hand of A'dal.

This thread again? Why?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    On my main I'll usually wear Starcaller but sometimes I put on Chef or Loremaster just for fun. Or the Seeker, I've always liked that title. Makes me start singing The Who over vent though.