Poll: are you embarrassed to use Kingslayer

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't have it but getting embarrassed about something that exists only in a virtual world really doesn't make any sense to me.

If I had Kingslayer on my main (Paladin), I wouldn't use it as I currently use "Hand of A'dal" on that character. And, just to annoy all you "Hand of A'dal is leet" players, I got that title August of this year. During BC I never raided SSC, TK, Hyjal, BT, or Sunwell, but I maanged to earn the Champion of the Naaru title. And, since I'm a quest-a-holic, I never abandoned the quest from Caverns of Time to turn in the Vials. Thus, 2 years after it was "removed", I "earned" Hand of A'dal. GG.

Back on topic -

I would only wear Kingslayer on my Death Knight, as that character actually has some reason to use that title. My other characters either don't use a title at all (my Druid), use old PvP titles (Warrior), use Loremaster (Shaman and Warlock), or wear a city title for the lulz (my Mage).

I wore it until it got to the point we were carrying really bad back ups/non raiders to kills. Then it was back to Death's Demise. My poor hunter with no server first titles just sits with Starcaller... No one wants to go back and do Ulduar anymore.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's a strange comment, snapple. I was just in an RS and we had half the raid wearing Starcaller and one guy says "Starcaller is the new Kingslayer". I see more Ulduar raids than ICC raids these days.

WotLK introduced so many titles that they have practically no value anymore. If I look at the title list on my main I have probably about 20 titles and no clue where most of them came from. Pretty much the only title that I notice is Hand of A'dal - everything else, including the server first titles, are just noise.

---------- Post added 2010-11-02 at 11:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Iralien View Post
    And, just to annoy all you "Hand of A'dal is leet" players, I got that title August of this year. During BC I never raided SSC, TK, Hyjal, BT, or Sunwell, but I maanged to earn the Champion of the Naaru title. And, since I'm a quest-a-holic, I never abandoned the quest from Caverns of Time to turn in the Vials. Thus, 2 years after it was "removed", I "earned" Hand of A'dal. GG.
    It doesn't annoy me, there are many things in this game you can get by exploiting. I do find it kind of pathetic that you choose to wear the title even though you didn't earn it the way it was supposed to be earned.
    Last edited by Brett Skullcrack; 2010-11-02 at 11:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fysi View Post
    One thing I found when I was in high progression guilds, was that the members didn't actually care. They wore titles that they liked.

I've found that if you are in a high progression guild, the guild tag is what makes you stand out more than the title.
    Quoted for truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use whatever my mood is tbh, though i did sport Kingslayer for a good 3 months or so after getting it, though i got it well before the 20% buff. Fav at the moment is probably the undying, or on a guildy by the name of Ballsofsteel; Salty

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    It doesn't annoy me, there are many things in this game you can get by exploiting. I do find it kind of pathetic that you choose to wear the title even though you didn't earn it the way it was supposed to be earned.
    It's a damn title...
    Imagine whatever I say as being said with Morgan Freeman's voice. It will make you rage less.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got it, but I don't wear it. Hand of A'dal > Kingslayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the "I don't base my self worth on a video game title" option?
    But we fell in love, again.
    This time forever!
    True love prevails over all!
    ...She got hit by a truck.

Titles are not supposed to measure e-peen, it's supposed to be something fun and unique for you to use, on my lock I use Hand of A'dal and on my rogue I use of the Nightfall, I got achievements on my lock from OS/Naxx that are now easy in free 264 gear, does it make my title any less? not really, because deep down I know I got it when it was hard, if seeing people with Kingslayer bothers you then yea, you're a pretty sad kid.

Titles are fun, people like you who can't see other people with the same shit as you without going emo make them bad.

Roll with whatever you like, fuck what the next man thinks.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Naoto is right. If you got something when it was hard to get personal satisfaction trumps everything else. If that makes you feel any better people can actually check when you got the title and that says it all.

I got kingslayer back in early February from 25m when it used to be cool. Now it doesn't matter. You're still better than like 95% of the wow community at raiding if you have it, but that's just because so many people are terrible at the game. If I ever had the dedication to earn it, I'd always wear The Insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Probably if we just looked at raiding 80 characters, we'd find the majority had it, but that's only a fraction of the actual character population.
    According to wowprogress, on 10 man non-heroic ICC, 93.92% of the guilds they track have downed Marrowgar, 46.20% of them have downed LK. So, assuming that that data isn't too polluted by guilds that quit raiding before downing the LK, that would put the number at 49.19%, just below 50%. For 25 man, the number would be closer to 8%, but I don't think there's many people that have done 25, couldn't get the Lich King down, and didn't try it on 10 man.

I know that when I PuG ICC, we usually don't have a kingslayer in the raid. Then again, my server's kind of low on the server rankings (as in bottom 25% last time I checked).

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't get kingslayer. I always get a group full of tit's and only get 11/12 or so
    Insert Signiture here.

I have 40 titles and wear none of them. Titles are an eyesore

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really liked the Kingslayer title, but I am not embarrassed to wear it. The Lich King is only faceroll for experienced players grouped with other experienced players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomepowa View Post
    Naoto is right. If you got something when it was hard to get personal satisfaction trumps everything else. If that makes you feel any better people can actually check when you got the title and that says it all.
    I agree,if you got it way back,either before the buff,or when the buff was low,feel good in knowing that you didnt need the 30% buff everyone needs now to get it.

*shrug* Ambassador>>all And why should it be embarrasing? If you don't like it, don't get it. If you got it, don't use it. Simple. Sooner or later majority of those who have it will switch to Dragonslayer, Deathwing's Demise or whatever title will be reward for killing Deathwing. And Ambassador will still beat them all.