Poll: are you embarrassed to use Kingslayer

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Kingslayer? Embarrassing title?

Quote Originally Posted by Praiseworthy
    I love how people laugh at casuals when we are the ones with lives beside the one you can walk back to if you die. And plus, I think all you "hardcore elitest raiders" are just butthurt cause "casuals" have nearly identical gear to you. And stop acting like your so pro cause your good at WotLK raiding, we all know Pre-BC was the only time when a raid was truly hard. These days, you can get geared for a 25man heroic raid just from emblems and heroics, which was never done in Pre-BC or even BC.

Bottom line, WotLK was easy mode, and since Cata will be mostly stereotypical dragon fights, it will be even easier. If anything, you should be embarrassed for considering yourself to be an awesome person cause you have a raid title, when your real life titles are most likely "Bob, the Garbage Man."

You should be embarrassed for thinking anybody ever cared in the first place. Cause we all know your just trying to impress the "casuals" and noobs. Nobody ever cared, nobody cares now, and nobody will ever care. Get over yourselves, it's just a game. Chill.

And yes, I know, all of you elitest's jerk e-peen just shrunk 10x, and yes, I know there will be a QQ post after me saying "Oh, well you stupid casulolz are just jealous because you're not as 3l!t3 as I is! lololol."

You "elitests" are very predictable, and very, very stupid. And I will bet any money more than half of the people who are "hardcore" now either sucked in Vanilla/BC, or didn't play at all.

Please, all of you "elitests" out there, go get a life. Nobody cares about your in game titles. It will never mean anything.

AND YES, OH YES, YOU JUST GOT SCHOOLED BY A CASUAL!!!!!!!!!!
    Casuals play more than hardcore players, because it takes them 5x as long to clear the same amount of content.

I wear Gladiator over Kingslayer, so i dont really care c.c

Nor does the people in my guild.

Ambassador, Bloodsail Admiral, Champion of the Frozen Wastes, Crusader, Flame Keeper, Guardian of Cenarius, Jenkins, Of Orgimmar, Sen'jin, The Undercity, Silvermoon and Thunder Bluff. Of the Ashen Verdict, of the Nightfall, The Argent Champion, The Kingslayer, the Patient.

These are my titles, but the one I always use and probably always will use, is First Sergeant. I love my pvp title <3
    Fuge Haggot.

I wear the Insane because after our first LK kill there were fewer people with that than Kingslayer. Perhaps I'll wear Light of Dawn for a bit, but even there will still be fewer Insanes.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Why is it always a comparison with casual players? Stop comparing yourself with others and enjoy the game as you choose to play it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by r0cki
    Killing Arthas is being hardcore? Kewl argument brah.
    Depends of your definition of hardcore.

You are awesome though, I know you like hearing that.

Bloodsail Admiral here, most fun with Savory Deviate Delight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc
    Why is it always a comparison with casual players? Stop comparing yourself with others and enjoy the game as you choose to play it.
    Quoted for absolute truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysera
    Making dreams 'enjoyable' since 10.000 B.N.
    Ysera fanclub. <3

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo
    Because Blizzard allowed Scarab Lord to be acquired when new realms were opened, it is impossible to distinguish between who actually got it in vanilla and who got it on a new realm.

That's why i now think of the title as "Scrub Lord" - acquired by new players who were desperate enough to realm change just to get the title.

And that's exactly how you come across - desperate to prove your superiority over everyone else.
    The 'Scrub Lord" title already requires more work to be done than other titles these days.... If they actually managed to get it that's more power to them. Do you mouth off at people with pvp titles that aren't warlord/marshal or better as well?
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Unless you are an elitist there shouldn't be a reason too feel embarrassed.

Guardian of Cenarius is good enough for me. I have nothing to prove to any of you.

If you're embarrassed to be using a TITLE IN A VIDEO GAME -- yeah, I played that card -- then you have some real, overarching issues you need to sort out.
    Currently playing: [Dragon Age: Origins]

Because Blizzard allowed Scarab Lord to be acquired when new realms were opened, it is impossible to distinguish between who actually got it in vanilla and who got it on a new realm.

That's why i now think of the title as "Scrub Lord" - acquired by new players who were desperate enough to realm change just to get the title.

And that's exactly how you come across - desperate to prove your superiority over everyone else.
    Every new realm has the gates already opened. Nobody - anywhere - can obtain the title anymore. If you see a Scarab Lord, then you can be sure there is only one or two on your entire realm. On Kil'Jaeden-US, I believe there are three Scarab Lords, all but one being a transfer.

I voted no. Reason being is that when I killed him on 10man there was no buff. So knowing that I killed him before the 5% was even a thought on ppls mind made it that much better. For 25man I do not have one simply for the fact that my work hours don't really leave me much time to raid late night right now.

I didn't get upset. Just a bit miffed that some nobody on these forums claimed to be better than everyone else because he realm changed and grinded Scarab Lord.

Sad and annoying ><
    You cannot 'realm change and grind Scarab Lord.' Every new realm has the gates already open. Nobody has gotten the title in nearly a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Fysi
    One thing I found when I was in high progression guilds, was that the members didn't actually care. They wore titles that they liked.

I've found that if you are in a high progression guild, the guild tag is what makes you stand out more than the title.
    This tbh.
    Personally I never liked the kingslayer title, think its a pretty lame title actually.

I hate blizz for doing what they did with the scarab lord, even though I grinded the quest chain out (after they auto opened gates) everytime I see a scarab lord I /facepalm rather than /salute. Literally no effort put in for a really cool title and mount, feel sorry for the legit scarab lords :-\

I wouldn't say kingslayer was embarrassing, I guess you wear what title you like the most

Scarab Lord may be a rare title but it sounds stupid imo
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

I don't even see other people's titles in my ui/tooltip display. I use Kingslayer myself, don't care what others think of that, and I honestly don't care if they are Jenkins or Bane of the Fallen King. I log in to enjoy my ingame time having fun raiding/questing/pvping with friends, and not worrying about other people's epeen stroking lol.
    Originally Posted by Tigole
    I'm not so sure endgame players would like the face of the game if everyone had instant access to all of the content. There is something to be said for progression and the sense of accomplishment. Don't get me wrong, we have to be careful not to create a brick wall for new people, but I think there is a balance to be struck here.

Still got Hand of A'dal to sport

Deleted

Personally, I think it's an embarassing title, but for Blizzard and not us.
    Sure, there are people out there who like it, but I really don't like it. The final boss of an expansion and all they could come up with is 'Kingslayer', the Algalon titles and heroic ones sound much better in my opinion. People will say "if you don't like it don't use it," and I don't intent to, but I still think they could have come up with something a little more original (or at least different titles for 10 and 25).

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

I don't see why you should be embarrassed to wear a title on a game.

I wear Twilight Vanquisher, It's easy ass hell to get these days. Do I care? Hell no lol.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc
    As insanely truthful as this statement is, you have to ask yourself something.

Ever notice those higher geared players that sit themselves in very obvious places in town, just sitting there, probably chatting. The people who mount up with Mimiron's head and just chill out on Kraus's landing? They're not there to just sit and enjoy the scenery.. they want to be noticed, they love it.

It's the general mentality of these kinds of people to be awed at. Even negatively. (Secretly, they love the "omg whar did u get that hors frum?" tells. ^^)
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma
    Guardian of Cenarius is good enough for me. I have nothing to prove to any of you.

If you're embarrassed to be using a TITLE IN A VIDEO GAME -- yeah, I played that card -- then you have some real, overarching issues you need to sort out.
    This.

However i roll with Starcaller, because its not seen that often and it sounds cool