Yet another Cata wishlist...

First of all, I love rogues. It's a class that has something for everyone- it's easy to get the "basics" down and do decent dps even if you're new to the class, and plenty of intricacies that make the good players really shine and pwn the damage meters. PvP is the same way, it's simple to pick up but good players can wtfpwn just about anything that can be thrown at them.

The only thing I'd like to see PvE-wise is one more button to push, there is just one gap that needs to be filled to really round out our openers/combo builders/finishers.

Stuns:
    Opener (Cheap Shot)
    Combo Generator (Gouge)
    Finisher (Kidney Shot)

Direct Damage:
    Opener (Ambush)
    Combo Generator (Sinister Strike, Backstab, Mutilate, etc.)
    Finisher (Eviscerate, Envenom)

Bleeds:
    Opener (Garrote)
    Combo Generator (__________)
    Finisher (Rupture)

I'd like to fill in that gap in the bleeds with a combo-point generating ability, one that would break up the Mutilate and Combat rotations a bit, because let's admit it, spamming Sinister Strike gets dull and going Mutilate -> Envenom -> Muti -> Envenom gets dull too. We need more action!

My proposal is a bleed that is rather strong, so that we want to use it to build towards our finisher. But we obviously wouldn't be spamming it rather than SS or Envenom, it'd be a waste of energy. Maybe it lasts for 6 seconds, so that your using it at different times as you build towards your finisher. It would be a new timer to watch, something to maintain, and best of all a new button to push in our rotations! XD

With this new ability each tree could have a more distinctive direction as well, with the assassination tree having an emphasis on bleeds, Combat with direct damage, and Sub spec as a dedicated PvP/utility spec (which it pretty much already is).

TL;DR I wish we had a combo-point generating bleed, a new button to push in my rotation would be welcomed!
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

Re: Yet another Cata wishlist...

I don't know about necessarily a bleed, but I can see how a second combo point generating ability might be nice. After playing something like DK, the 1,1,1,1,1,alt+1,1,1,1,1,alt+2,1,1,1,1 rotation does get pretty boring. Maybe something like hemorrhage but baseline where it amplifies the damage of our other attacks.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account

Well without hfb there will no doubt be something new for our rotation, but it won't be any harder imo.. Unless they add an ultra cool ability (like hfb pre nerf), or as you said a cp generator bleed, say it stacks 3 times and lasts for 15 seconds.. Eh, eh? Original eh? xD

I think it's a pretty safe assumption that they want to get rupture back into most if not all pve rotations. I mean, just think back to a tier not that long ago, where rupture critting was a set bonus, and then cats got their bleed to crit via talents. At the time, we didn't get the same treatment because rupture was still somewhat on our radar, and our dps was decent at least. Then comes ICC where our dps starts to fall behind a bit, in comes buffs, nerfs and poison changes, and at the end of it all, they give us critting rupture anyways. Now, the fact that it's still barely worth using (not at all in mut and under very specific conditions in combat) is really just an artifact of the extreme levels of arp we've hit. If you take a step back and look through the dev's eye instead of a player's eyes, you already see that they're taking the steps to get it there, and once arp goes away and the new cata talents come in (which I only assume will prop up rupture even more in some way) I'm sure we'll be using it again.

HFB will not remain in Cata and stuns will be less viable so far I know.

OnT

I would like to see some kind of barbed wire which inflict the taget with serious damage+ poisons from your equiped weapons. This attack would be the new eviscerate. More damage if Rupture is up on the target.

Animation:
    Rogue cast a long barbed wire all around the victim. Blood spray all over in the air.
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09

No, no dots. Dots suck. They take away all the control and finesse in pvp.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

@K4ge

If you are talking about my idea, it wasnt meant to be a dot. Maybe more like arcane missiles for mages.... so it would more or less be like bam, bam,bam, BAM while the barbed wire shreds the victim. (sorry for that it was kinda hard to explain :-X)

Tho I said rupture+ poisons but meh can allways be reworked
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09