Page 1 of 2
LastLast

tranqing H lk adds

Hey, my guild is working on h lk 10m atm, and i am the only one in raid that can handle tranqs on the shambling horrers in p1.

what im doing atm is starting the fight like normal( as mut btw) then when the first shambling pops i swap both weapon out for ones with deadly mh, and anesthetic oh, and shive the adds when they enrage.

I try to swap back to my reg weapons as much as possible, but when both adds are up it gets tricky, and my dps suffers quite a bit.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to smooth this out and up my dps. thnx in advance.

Re: tranqing lk adds

Macro in a weapon swap. They are instant aren't they? Once two horrors are up you can just FoKspam the enrages, can't you?
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

You're probably better off just using anesthetic poison on your offhand the duration of phase 1 and shiv'ing when you need to remove the enrage.

I use macros to swap my weapons, it causes a global. i don't like to fan because its not a sure thing for taking off the enrage (could take 2-3 foks) and the adds don't enrage at the same time.

Oooh... I thought you were a hunter and I was gonna give you the maco I use that changes my target to a Shambling, casts Tranq, then changes my target back to LK, but.... props man, it's a pain in the ass as a rogue. GL to ya, wish I could be more help.

My advice is to get a hunter.

15+ Year Old Account

I would try to swap to two weapons with anesthetic, do a FoK (assuming they tank them close enough together), then swap back to ur normal weps. You're almost guaranteed to apply it that way, and you wouldn't have to untarget LK.

Deleted

My guild doesn't tranq the horros at all in 10man if there's no hunter in the raid...Just have a warrior tank get those horrors and stun them on enrage. Clever use of defensive cooldowns also helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur
    Oooh... I thought you were a hunter and I was gonna give you the maco I use that changes my target to a Shambling, casts Tranq, then changes my target back to LK, but.... props man, it's a pain in the ass as a rogue. GL to ya, wish I could be more help.
    why would he be hunter in the rogeus forum?

If your guild is wasting your talents as a rogue on tranq'ing the horrors then they're failing already to be honest.
    That is a hunter job first and foremost; you're better off on Lich and fokking the ghouls to the tank with trix.
    Though as assass. spec I would seriously consider putting one or two points into deadly brew and fokking the valks. when they spawn as that is instant win for getting them down quickly.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Timujingeo
    If your guild is wasting your talents as a rogue on tranq'ing the horrors then they're failing already to be honest.
    That is a hunter job first and foremost; you're better off on Lich and fokking the ghouls to the tank with trix.
    Though as assass. spec I would seriously consider putting one or two points into deadly brew and fokking the valks. when they spawn as that is instant win for getting them down quickly.
    Having a hunter (required IMO) means frost trap does all the initial dirty work. FoKing Crip can help as they approach the side, but we use UH DK's w/ desecration or any shaman with earthbind. Snares depend kinda on comp, but a shaman for heroism and a hunter for tranq are nearly mandatory, at least for heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by babuka
    My guild doesn't tranq the horros at all in 10man if there's no hunter in the raid...Just have a warrior tank get those horrors and stun them on enrage. Clever use of defensive cooldowns also helps.

That would be nice but atm we only have access to pally and dk tanks. we also have no raiding hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Remo

Quote Originally Posted by lincolnly
    I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to smooth this out and up my dps. thnx in advance.
    First, spec combat. Second, get a hunter. Really, hunter is not only infinitely better for dispelling the enrages but you really need them to lay down frost traps for valks in p2 and the spirits in p3.

odds are you will have enough dps on the boss even if you sit on the adds the whole time

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring
    First, spec combat. Second, get a hunter. Really, hunter is not only infinitely better for dispelling the enrages but you really need them to lay down frost traps for valks in p2 and the spirits in p3.

A hunter can't tranq both adds, so id still prolly be hitting one of em, also this is tenman, so only one valk at a time is easy with hamstring/coi

Quote Originally Posted by Timujingeo
    and what talents should I drop if i'm to follow this route?
    I mean: back in ulduar you could drop some expertise as combat in order to bring the fok interupt.
    Nowadays the specs are so tight that I dont really see any weak talent to drop to favor that...

back OT: it really deppends on how you do it.
    If shambligs are foking close you can swap to BoA daggers with anesthesic and fok your way through (those daggers have the exact speed to proc their poison 100% if I recall from EJ).
    If they're not, swap and shiv is the way to go for maxdps... but as someone before said: you can also just ignore your dps duty during that fase and just focus on shambligs w/out swap as chances are your dps during that fase is not that important (even if you're going for the 30stacks achievement the enrage timer is freaking far away).
    But be warned: either way it's an annoying thing to do, trust me on this one ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento
    and what talents should I drop if i'm to follow this route?
    I mean: back in ulduar you could drop some expertise as combat in order to bring the fok interupt.
    Nowadays the specs are so tight that I dont really see any weak talent to drop to favor that...

back OT: it really deppends on how you do it.
    If shambligs are foking close you can swap to BoA daggers with anesthesic and fok your way through (those daggers have the exact speed to proc their poison 100% if I recall from EJ).
    If they're not, swap and shiv is the way to go for maxdps... but as someone before said: you can also just ignore your dps duty during that fase and just focus on shambligs w/out swap as chances are your dps during that fase is not that important (even if you're going for the 30stacks achievement the enrage timer is freaking far away).
    But be warned: either way it's an annoying thing to do, trust me on this one ^_^
    Remove a single point from fleet footed and put it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Remo
    ^this

dont need to tranq them