10+ Year Old Account

Cronenberg Announces 'Crimes Of The Future' [FILM]

Having just rewatched Scanners and eXistenZ, I could really go for some classic Cronenberging now.

Neon and Serendipity Point Films have set a summer production start in Athens, Greece for Crimes of the Future, the David Cronenberg-written and -directed sci-fi thriller that has locked Viggo Mortensen, Léa Seydoux and Kristen Stewart as its stars, with Scott Speedman, Welket Bungué, Don McKellar and Lihi Kornowski also starring.

This is the first original sci-fi script by Cronenberg since 1999’s eXistenZ. It sounds just as ambitious, taking a deep dive into the not-so-distant future where humankind is learning to adapt to its synthetic surroundings. This evolution moves humans beyond their natural state and into a metamorphosis, altering their biological makeup. While some embrace the limitless potential of trans-humanism, others attempt to police it. Either way, “Accelerated Evolution Syndrome” is spreading fast...

eXistenZ is a sorely underrated gem with a truly awful title and you should ignore the title and watch it, because it's excellent and unsettling and horrifying in ways that only cronenberg can pull off.

Yeah, I saw this today and got pretty psyched. Viggo and Cronenberg make a great combo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome back, Mr. Cronenberg.

Here’s the official logline: “As the human species adapts to a synthetic environment, the body undergoes new transformations and mutations. With his partner Caprice (Léa Seydoux), Saul Tenser (Viggo Mortensen), celebrity performance artist, publicly showcases the metamorphosis of his organs in avant-garde performances. Timlin (Kristen Stewart), an investigator from the National Organ Registry, obsessively tracks their movements, which is when a mysterious group is revealed… Their mission – to use Saul’s notoriety to shed light on the next phase of human evolution.”

“Crimes of the Future” will open in the U.S. in June.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow! Know lots of movie nerds that are going to be so excited Cronenberg is doing another film! Talk about "never expected this, 2022!"

"metamorphosis of his organs in avant-garde performances" - get ready for graphic content (and graphic ala CRONENBERG so its another level)! May need to warn friends about 'barf bags' for this one =D.

Really curious to see what he wants to bring to audiences after 20 years. Let the mind-fuckery begin.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Ooof (but in a good way)--this seems dark. Looking forward to it. I wonder why they chose to film it in Greece.

The title makes me think of the movie "minority report." It sounds interesting. Viggo Mortensen is a good actor. Don't know about the rest.