Newbie Disc vs WoTLK (5ppl)

Greetings. Since our community is nice and helpful, I hope someone finds time to answer a couple of questions.

Backstory:
    In the process of leveling my 8th transmutator who happened to be a priest, after dinging 60 I decided to try healing a dungeon for the first time in my entire life (~1.5 years of playing various dps/tank classes). First I tried holy and didn't like it at all. Then respecced to disc, got some talents that I thought were more useful at the moment, glyphs, and found it to be clearly superior to holy at least in TBC dungeons. Currently sitting at level 65 and planning to further level up through lfd tool as disc. So, the questions are:

1. Did I get it right that SP > int/crit > haste > MP5 > Spirit for disc?
    2. Does holy become better than disc in terms of keeping everyone alive (yes, even that one dk who aggroed two packs while tank already has his hands full with another two packs) in wotlk (68-80) content?
    3. Any build/glyph tips? (links containing cyrillic symbols end up looking weird here, so character name is Орин, realm is Свежеватель Душ/EU).
    4. Does the amount of dk/retri pala "Tanks" without any tank gear and talents decrease later on?

Thanks in advance.
    <Реморн> Лямбдадельта, Свежеватель Душ EU

Re: Newbie Disc vs WoTLK (5ppl)

1) For levelling, I would rate regen a lot higher. SP comes naturally with gear, but you might be struggling with mana. If it's not the case, then I would keep your order (which is true for high end content). However, if you do, I would make it: MP5>int>spirit>SP>crit>haste.
    2) Never played a holy priest, but I think it's quite good at keeping the group alive. Regen might be the issue here, even more than for a disc.
    3) I would use something like http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bVcbuhhVkusffRt:mA .
    4) I think yes. But not sure, I haven't levelled a healer in a while ;-)

To respond to each question in order.

1) At your level, really just focus on having plenty of mana and regen. If you don't have mana problems in the dungeons you are running, then go for throughput

2) I switched over from holy at 70 because mana was really getting to be an issue, and I found that as disc I could keep people up just as well with more mana left over. (Preshielding damage that you know will come can really help) If you are smart about predicting damage, you can save yourself a lot of casting. If you are doing the black knight or something when you hit 80, holy may be stronger, but disc isn't nearly as weak at group healing as you might think.

3) You can't go wrong with what the Tapchi suggests for a spec at your level

4) In my experience, the last few levels in Outland tend to have fairly good tanks, as AC and MT weed out a bunch of the baddies. When you get to Northrend, I've had terrible luck getting good tanks for UK. 50% of the time the "tank" is a DK with more spi/int/sp than def or people who simply can't move out of Ingvar's smashes. After UK, it gets better. Sometimes you'll run into some bad tanks, but it's usually not too bad.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

heya,

i'm kinda in the same boat as you are, never had a healing toon and decided to level a priest. Been leveling through dungeons from lvl 10 as disc. Never regretted it.

1. Personally i go for SP>Int>Haste/crit, i don't really pay attention to the mp5 or spirit. The higher mana pool the more mana you get back from rapture talent. so i just aim for SP and Int.
    2. i am not sure how well the holy priest does in these situations, but for disc it's not that bad. if the tank is quick to react, and pick up the mobs, it should be no problem to heal through it as you have the pain supression talent (40% less damage) as well as power infusion (20% faster cast rate and 20%less mana cost).
    3. you can look up my priest and see if you like anything. in my opinion the build i'm using is the optimal/best build.
    4. definitely not. Never had any problems with tanks in BC dungeons, as soon as i stepped into wotlk dungeons i encountered many useless tanks. many of them had either 1 or 2 peaces of tank gear, seen dk's with spellpower gear. if you see a tank in mostly dps gear, save yourself the bother, as it's not worth the effort to even try healing them. Wotlk instances seem a lot harder compared to bc ones, so proper tank is needed

with proper tank (mostly in tank gear), i never oom and stay above 70% mana all the time. with dps geared tanks be prepared to sit and drink after 1 or 2 trash packs.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...m&cn=Nefertite

good luck

EDIT:
    Poster above suggested the Flash Heal glyph, personally i would stick to the PW:S glyph as I rarely use Flash Heal, but it's up to you

10+ Year Old Account

i never played as disc so i can't awnser question 1-3

4:
    what i have seen, pretty much no leveling tank realy has tank gear. But aslong as the pallies/warriors have a shield, DK's use the right pressence and druids don't try to tank in cat form, because somehow they think they can hold aggro better because of more dmg, and the tanks have the right spec, you should be fine. Just don't expect tanks to have full defence gear etc untill you hit lvl 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Baganzai
    what i have seen, pretty much no leveling tank realy has tank gear.
    My paladin had a full tanking set as he leveled.

From 15-40, you really only need to just wear Plate with stam/str on it, and have a shield equipped. (Or stam/agi for bear tanks!) Stam/Str/Agi is the way to go at those lower levels, as you don't really see anything with defense/dodge/parry until 50+. Once you hit Outlands, tank gear is easier to get from quests and dungeons, along with "Of the Champion" greens (Although, those tend to be very expensive on AH.)

But, yes, from my experience, in Outlands, you get a lot of DK "tanks" who think they're a tank just by using Frost Presence. Just bear with it, by level 64+ most of the bads drop their DK or stop trying to tank on it, and you should get some decent tanks. And once you hit Northrend, the instances actually require you to have proper spec and gear to tank, or you just get smashed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

disc is OP for soloing i just leveled my priest as shadow but had disc offspec for elite quests. Id say its probably second best to a blood dk in soloing leveling. I once went off at someone who said they solo'd Tusker with their disc priest in crappy gear only to find out that it was actually pretty easy