Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Rogue Cataclysm Talent Preview

I hope Blizzard knows what their doing.

I know it's still in beta, but I'd love to see the combat tree get cleaned up a little. 54 points in combat to get the good stuff near the end and the 51 point talent kinda sucks.

VERY glad to see that HFB is getting replaced with something awesome. Hell, even Sub is starting to perk up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes
    I though they would get rid of the boring mandatory talents like Malice, but oh well.
    It's still in Alpha, I expect much to change still.

Really? No one else is gonna say it? It's gonna have to be me?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves
    If you cant remove this with Clos for example it will be INSANE against other rogues.
    Well, that was close.

A flat 20% increase in your total outgoing damage for 30 seconds is power approaching a 10-minute cooldown. It'll be insane against anything, and we haven't even addressed a possible combination with Bloodlust/Heroism.

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I may very well be, I'm too lazy to check right now), but I don't think Blizzard has introduced any talented abilities with cooldowns longer than three minutes. With that in mind, I'm going on record right now as saying that Vendetta as it's listed above has about as close to a 0% chance of going live as anything else in the history of the game.

combat needs to be cleaned up, unless your using daggers or maces you have 10 WASTED points (no direct pve benefit). i hope they change this some
    Actually Mr. Lennon, I can imagine a world with no war, hate, religion, or violence. I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming

Quote Originally Posted by Gaudion

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I may very well be, I'm too lazy to check right now), but I don't think Blizzard has introduced any talented abilities with cooldowns longer than three minutes. With that in mind, I'm going on record right now as saying that Vendetta as it's listed above has about as close to a 0% chance of going live as anything else in the history of the game.
    Uh... Preparation has 8 min CD and is a talented ability.

And I can't believe some people are reacting as if this is the final build. Hell, beta isn't even out yet! It's like 6 more months before Cataclysm is even released and you think nothing more will change? lol

So subtlety didn't really change much... kinda sad about that.

on the other hand - Vendetta looks to good to be true! so that's nice lol

Quote Originally Posted by Instinctz
    combat needs to be cleaned up, unless your using daggers or maces you have 10 WASTED points (no direct pve benefit). i hope they change this some
    I know it doesn't need to be said but:

Talent Tree Preview

Cataclysm is in Alpha

Keep those in mind.

So are we gonna start using rupture in the mut rotation again? If so I'm guessing the spec will look like this http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#fMe0hegoV0oIuVuV0xV0hZL But im not sure if its gonna be worth letting the envenom buff fall off.
    Otherwise maybe pick up Bladeflurry http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#fMe0hegoV0oIuVzV0xVMuZL

Would love to see you comments.

The Close Quarters Combat talent is supposed to be Aggression and there is no mace specialization.(The Calc has bugs)

Quote Originally Posted by Pojodan
    I know it doesn't need to be said but:

Talent Tree Preview

Cataclysm is in Alpha

Keep those in mind.
    this i know, but sometimes they don't change much, im just voicing my opinion
    Actually Mr. Lennon, I can imagine a world with no war, hate, religion, or violence. I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming

Vendetta is a 2 Minute cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by ihpe
    Vendetta is a 2 Minute cooldown.

Welcome to NERFEDTOHELL, hope you enjoy being NERFEDTOSHIT.

Quote Originally Posted by KaelThas Sunstrider
    Uh... Preparation has 8 min CD and is a talented ability.
    Good point. Like I said, I didn't check. I guess Cold Snap has an 8 minute cooldown as well.

And I can't believe some people are reacting as if this is the final build. Hell, beta isn't even out yet! It's like 6 more months before Cataclysm is even released and you think nothing more will change? lol
    Blizzard released information; nothing gained by not reacting to it.

If Vendetta has an 8-10 minute cooldown, it might be balanced, but the implications of a combination with Bloodlust/Heroism still concern me.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Subtlety:

Tier 9
    • Honor Among Thieves (3 ranks available) - Increases the ranged and melee critical hit chance of all party and raid members by 5%. When any player in your party or raid critically hits with a ranged or melee ability, you have a 33/66/100% chance to gain a combo point on your current target. This effect cannot occur more than once every 4/3/2 seconds.

Assassination:

Tier 11
    • Vendetta (1 Point) - Marks an enemy for death, increasing all damage you deal to the target by 20% and granting you unerring vision of your target, regardless of concealments such as Stealth and Invisibility. Lasts 30 seconds.
    Raid-wide buff (Even though it's just another Leader of the Pack. Rogues > Feral Druids anyway) and a better than Hunger For Blood 51 point Assassination talent?

<3

Rogues aren't looking all that bad so far.

Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    Whale Shark swims where and how it pleases. Whale Shark /spits on your science.
    All hail Garrosh Hellscream!
    I've fallen for a woman... without a pulse. -- Forsaken afficionado. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuji
    Welcome to NERFEDTOHELL, hope you enjoy being NERFEDTOSHIT.
    actually it still comes out the same

HFB = constant 5% (8% glyphed)
    Vendetta = 20% for 30 seconds (2 minute cooldown) 30/120 = 1/4. 20%/4 = 5%. same thing, just burst. save ur cooldowns and unload

10+ Year Old Account

Mut feels very top heavy, makeing hard to pick up bladeflury 51/21/4 or 53/21/2 would be my two choices.

omg i love the new Hunger for blood.

actually it still comes out the same

HFB = constant 5% (8% glyphed)
    Vendetta = 20% for 30 seconds (2 minute cooldown) 30/120 = 1/4. 20%/4 = 5%. same thing, just burst. save ur cooldowns and unload
    It's not the same thing in PvP.