Upgrading PC, need help!

Hello, i plan on upgrading some parts in my computer for it to be better prepared for some games that are coming out soon and i think i need some help from the community.

-Current Specs-
    Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 925 Processor
    RAM: 8GB
    Memory: 1TB
    Graphics card model: ATI Radeon HD 4350
    Desktop resolution: 1680x1050

(might be missing something)

No real price range but im thinking maybe around $300. any tips or suggestions would be wonderful in what to upgrade to prepare for some HD games. thanks!

15+ Year Old Account
    New Video card for sure, I'd recommend a 280GTX everything else seems up to snuff, just make sure you have a PSU with enough to handle it all 700watts ought to be enough

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd also recommend a video card, but I'd suggest a Radeon 5850 at that budget (upwards of $320). If your budget can stretch farther, then a 5870 (upwards of $400).

Quote Originally Posted by Tankatronic View Post
    Hello, i plan on upgrading some parts in my computer for it to be better prepared for some games that are coming out soon and i think i need some help from the community.

-Current Specs-
    Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 925 Processor
    RAM/memory: 8GB
    HDD: 1TB
    Graphics card model: ATI Radeon HD 4350
    Desktop resolution: 1680x1050

(might be missing something)

No real price range but im thinking maybe around $300. any tips or suggestions would be wonderful in what to upgrade to prepare for some HD games. thanks!
    fixed (common but stupid mistake ), but yes a new gfx card like mentioned above is your best option

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickieTK View Post
    New Video card for sure, I'd recommend a 280GTX everything else seems up to snuff, just make sure you have a PSU with enough to handle it all 700watts ought to be enough
    yes get a new gfx card is your best option

BUT DO NOT get a nvidia 280gtx..... i would be like shooting yourself in the foot. it has NO dx11 suport like the 5770/5850/5870

i would say that you should get a 5850 or if you could use a 100 bucks more and then get the 5870 card
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Not that the 5770 has enough power to handle games that will have dx11 anyway.
    its such a budget card. just a gap filler.
    That being said dx11 wont be the be all and end all of gaming. Its not like everything uses dx10 now. And for the ati fanboys i heard the first dx11 games are going to be using alot of physics. hope you bought your physx cards early.

Deleted
    upgrade ur graphics card - radeon 5850 is what i would recommend. rest of your system is fine tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Possiblyreefer View Post
    Not that the 5770 has enough power to handle games that will have dx11 anyway.
    its such a budget card. just a gap filler.
    That being said dx11 wont be the be all and end all of gaming. Its not like everything uses dx10 now. And for the ati fanboys i heard the first dx11 games are going to be using alot of physics. hope you bought your physx cards early.
    Indeed Metro 2033 will, Alien vs Predator will, Bad Company 2 will, Metro 2033 will, Dirt 2 will, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat oh yeah they will kill anything that doesnt support physx.

and no ATI even the top top end eyefinity and such dont have physx.
    I recently got bad company to, have it running in dx10 on almost highest and i can say my nvidia is just eating it up. The physics in this game are some of the best i have seen and without a good physx engine onboard you will just chomping into your processor which never handles things like this well and it will have a very bad effect on your gaming experience

Oh yeah Bad Company without a nvidia is just impossible, it never goes above 60fps with evrithing maxed, or lower then 60, weird.
    Yeah, eyefinity isnt present in anything but the top model.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Possiblyreefer View Post
    and no ATI even the top top end eyefinity and such dont have physx.
    I recently got bad company to, have it running in dx10 on almost highest and i can say my nvidia is just eating it up. The physics in this game are some of the best i have seen and without a good physx engine onboard you will just chomping into your processor which never handles things like this well and it will have a very bad effect on your gaming experience
    hahahahaha i just love all the nvidia fans boys who just can`t get over that nvidia fail hard this time in there new line of gfx crad.
    just get over it........ and physx don`t meen jack. its a nice feature, but none of the new games coming will have it fully inplanted, so what you heard from all your little elfs is fake.

i have had alot of nvidia crads and ati cards....... i buy the crads that are best and atm its ati`s cards that are best.

ps.
    ofc no ati crads have physx..... its a nvidia feature and ONLY nvidia cards can have it.
    ati are working on there own feature that will be alot like physx and will only be on ati cards
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

ya, but just download the "hacked" physx driver to enable an nvidia physx card with an ati main card. problem solved.
    2x Intel Xeon 5680 12 Cores (2x6 Cores)@ 5.0ghz.* EVGA Classified SR-2 Motherboard.*Kingston Hyper-X 48gb(12x4gb) DDR3 1600.* 3x OCZ Colossus SSD 1.5gb (3x500gb) Raid 0.* 2x Enermax 1250W PSU. 4x EVGA GTX 480 Quad-SLI.* Samsung F3 1TB Storage Drive.* Custom Watercooled (EK 2xCPU/4xGPU Blocks, 2xMCP655 Pumps, 3xXSPC Dual Bay Reservoirs, 3x480 GTX Radiators, 24x Scythe GentleTyphoon AP15 Fans in Push/Pull).* 3x Dell 3008wfp 30" IPS Monitors.* ASUS Xonar D2X 7.1 PCIe