Thread: Don't Be Fooled

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Don't Be Fooled

I'm just going to show you some comparisons.

AT LAUNCH

BC = 10 levels
    Wrath = 10 levels
    Cata = 5

BC = 12 dungeons
    Wrath = 12 dungeons
    Cata = 8

BC = 24 raid bosses (12 kara/4 eye/6 serp cavern/1 mag/1 gruul)
    Wrath = 17 raid bosses (15 naxx/1 sarth/1 maly)
    Cata = 12 ( Blue post just stated that Bastion of Light raid will have 6, and that they plan to have roughly 12 total at launch between Firelands and Skywall, one of these instances will likely contain a single boss.)

Point made here: Blizzard's "most end game content expansion to date", which has been marketed as such, is quite inferior in dungeon and raid content to its previous expansions.

BC = Jewelcrafting
    Wrath = Inscription
    Cata = A profession that we now know as of yesterday will not directly benefit your char in any way; you find lore excerpts and collect rare and logistically useless artifacts. Archeology

Path of Titans: gone

Guild Progression System: watered down, practically drowned as of yesterday, suspect at the very least imo.

Medium Glyphs? Go look at Minor Glyphs again and explain to me again how Medium Glyphs aren't essentially an acute extension of Minor Glyphs. They could have done this in half a patch but they're going to push it as a major feature now, frankly because they've got nothing left to go on.

3000 new quests? Guys, there is a damn good reason they will not tell us how many of those quests begin at level 80. 2000 of those quests are reserved for the countless lower level regions and questlines that they retrofitted to coincide with current lore. I bet you 39.99 that Cata has less quests from 80-85 than Wrath had from 70 - 80. It wouldn't be a wise bet to take.

So what are we gettin for 40 bucks? 2 new races and flying mounts in a marginally reconstructed Azeroth. I appreciate the effort from Blizz, very sneaky, but they can no longer hide that they tried marketing Cata as a quick start raid expansion, and folks, it ain't.

I've played (strolled around) the alpha, it's pretty. The question is: is it pretty enough for you to appreciate it after you kill the only 12 bosses within 2 weeks of launch, waiting 4 - 6 months until Blackwing Decent and War of the Ancients comes out?

Don't let them fool you, this will be, at least initially, the most underwhelming expansion to date.

P.S. No need to reply with "then don't buy it, don't play it." That's not the point and you know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    why did u include t5 in the inital raiding of tbc

yes they were put out at the launch but they kinda dont count as inital considering it was a dumb idea to do that

heard every one likes to raid 30h a week

No that is the point. Quit bitching on the forums about this. If you don't want the expansion then don't get it. Don't make threads about it. Quit WoW. I'm sick of the fucking crying about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    also isnt blackwing decent also inital raid content?

i heard that
    black wing
    twilight bastion
    firelands
    al'akirs awesomness skywall of the beutifulness

all 4 would be inital raid content

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasnt aware you were able to play Cataclysm yet.
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

OP don't like it, don't play. Most of us think you should go suck a bag of dicks.

User was temp banned for this post.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2010-06-15 at 04:55 AM. Reason: ban notice.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Also, Wrath launched with 17 bosses to start, BC launched with 12. They also haven't completely finalized what we're getting with the Cataclysm launch. Please don't post information unless you know what you're talking about.

The Firelands map, from blizzcon not alpha, showed 4 bosses If I remember right

Typical idiot. Overlooking the obvious changes to the game and acting like the world is coming to an end because of new features being redesigned for better game play.

Wrath at launch had 3 instances....

Naxx Sarth and Maly

Nax was rehashed. Sarth used old models and Maly well Maly was diffrent

All were fun for the first month or two then the doldrums started.

News from release is that there will be 4 instance, we dont know how big they will be or what form they will take. Frankly I think 12 is a good starter. Noone whined about TK only having 5 bosses and that was a good instance. Chill and let it come out before we start sandbagging it. You always have the option of not buying it and watching the rest of us play.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    Typical idiot. Overlooking the obvious changes to the game and acting like the world is coming to an end because of new features being redesigned for better game play.
    This.

Honestly OP, if you don't like it, noone cares. One less QQer to deal with if you quit. But please, the vast majority of this forum is filled with trash like this and noone cares.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    You are my new hero, Sic :P

OT: Dude, are you dumb? Or just a troll? TBC had those raids at launch, but I bet 100k dollars that no US/EU guild started doing SSC/TK. Come on, prove me wrong. The initial bosses were less. And KT for example was bugged, how many bosses in WotLK were bugged? God, I'm going to lose faith on humanity. Also, MAAAAYBE 2 raids will have 12 bosses in total, besides Grim Batol has 6 bosses, you have to count the secret boss ya know.

PS: Hardcores are getting more exclusive bosses now, I bet they'll QQ even harder. God I hate some of the people in this forums, how come I never see you trolls in WoW? (I see some QQ'ers in trade, they are Mr. "BG Hero" who thing WoW is "faseroll". I still think my "QQ Zone" idea would be great to avoid this heralds of doom.
    I won the game and all I got was this lousy signature.

Please; if you have any doubts about how to spec Google it, it'll be way faster than making a thread about it.

Moderators really need to lock these threads when they start because it's really getting out of hand. It's becoming worse than the typical 'why noobs shouldn't raid' or 'why wotlk sucks' thread lately.

To answer some questions.

T5 instances were included in the release of BC.

Karazhan dropped tier 4 gear with the other raids (Gruul Mag) and subsequently was considered a raid.

So, yes ninjarobot44 your right, it didn't launch with 24, it launched with 25. I forgot Kazak. You have no idea what you're talking about. Read the bluepost on the main page about having 12 raid bosses launch at first tier. Rrreeeeeaaaaadd dont hope it'll get you no where.

And to everyone else: I make the thread, I make the point. The point is Blizzard was disengenious and promised things they hadn't even tested nor researched yet or things they hadn't the time to complete by launch. They just bumped deadmines and shadowfang keep to post launch as well.

It seems most of you enjoy being mislead, thats cool.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piscesthepally View Post
    OP don't like it, don't play. Most of us think you should go suck a bag of dicks.
    I would have said it a little differently, but...this, basically.

Elysia's epic sig skillz

Quote Originally Posted by lbc View Post
    To answer some questions.

T5 instances were included in the release of BC.

Karazhan dropped tier 4 gear with the other raids (Gruul Mag) and subsequently was considered a raid.

So, yes ninjarobot44 your right, it didn't launch with 24, it launched with 25. I forgot Kazak. You have no idea what you're talking about. Read the bluepost on the main page about having 12 raid bosses launch at first tier. Rrreeeeeaaaaadd dont hope it'll get you no where.

And to everyone else: I make the thread, I make the point. The point is Blizzard was disengenious and promised things they hadn't even tested nor researched yet or things they hadn't the time to complete by launch. They just bumped deadmines and shadowfang keep to post launch as well.

It seems most of you enjoy being mislead, thats cool.
    Please link a quote where blizzard promised anything please. Then your argument holds water.

Maybe you should take your own advice and read the blue posts about what they have planned and why changes were made.

10+ Year Old Account
    This just goes to show that no matter what Blizzard does, some one is gonna find something to complain about...IF you don't like it do us all a favor stop playing wow and go spend your time on Free Realms

Also, Gruuls has 2 bosses. High King Mauglar and Gruul himself. But yeah, pointless posting this rubbish until you have 100% facts. Come back in a year or so and inform us that you are infact still playing this game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lbc View Post
    The question is: is it pretty enough for you to appreciate it after you kill the only 12 bosses within 2 weeks of launch, waiting 4 - 6 months until Blackwing Decent and War of the Ancients comes out?
    Wow is more than just raiding you know - Raids, Heroics, Pvp, Achievements, Quests, Professions, Alts, they are all part of this game. And as above said, don't like it, don't play. I for sure will enjoy this expansion as much as the other 2.