Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Alliance don't suck at pvp

The people complaining do. one person, yes one person, if they are terribly geared or just plain terrible, can actually cause their entire team to lose, in fact look at this thread:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...26325564&sid=1

the problem is that the people complaining tend to be bad players, or they just stand around screaming at the entire team in chat, or they are horribly geared for a bg. so it just SEEMS like you lose more. you're probly going to pay more attention to how much you lose, rather than how much you win.

TL'DR battlegroups are equal pretty much, just one bad player in bgs can actually ruin the entire game for their team.

15+ Year Old Account
    So you're saying that if I, for example, have bad gear, and want to gear up with BG's, I just automatically ruin the fun for others?
    Dawwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    So you're saying that if I, for example, have bad gear, and want to gear up with BG's, I just automatically ruin the fun for others?
    Yes, you most certainly can. Any idea how frustrating it is healing when everyone around you dies in 2 seconds because they have 20k health?

im saying that in the smaller bgs, as in arathi basin, warsong gulch, and eye of the storm and strands of the ancients, the numbers are low enough on both sides so that one really bad player can actually cause their team to lose by not playing properly.

or one really good player can make their team win. ever seee that one warrior in a bg with super pvp gear wtfowning everyone on the enemy side? those people can cause their entire team to win, so long as their team isnt made of bads.

Sorry, but i can't see the point of this topic. I mean, what's the news?
    I mean it in the most respectful way and do not wish any flaming of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorzon View Post
    I'm sorry, but I'm not listening to you anymore because you made that stupid post about an Elephant race...

this guy would like to have word with you in the dark alley over there.....

anyway, this thread is serious, that one was too, but oh well. its true, one really good player or one really bad player can affect the outcome of a bg. as in, if your team is decent, and you are really awesome, you can win a bg easily.

okie dokie

Better Loxodon bro
    Last edited by Sunstrikeisretlawl; 2010-06-15 at 07:09 PM.
    Here's my user friendly signature...enjoy.

Stood in the Fire The Painkiller's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not exactly,

It sort of depends on the class. If your say, a warlock in fresh leveling gear, don't expect to get far. However the level 78 blue pvp set is available for a small sum gold, and is pretty good to start.

I remember whipping an 80 ele shaman at 78....Charge, thunderstormed, spell reflect LvB, intercept, lol.
    Everyone's insane but me...

15+ Year Old Account
    I just got out of an Arathi Battle BG.

What I experienced is the following:
    - I suck at PvP. Shouldn't have tried it just to check.
    - Lots of people whining that they have a good rating.
    - Lots of people running around in random directions.
    - People saying they have a high rating trying to zerg everything on them own.
    - People following me around cause I capped the GM flag and because I happen to be the BG leader.
    - When running with a group to cap the BS, and I start attacking the ONE ENEMY defending, all other scatter and do not bother to help or heal anymore.

Its not one person that fails (like I said, I suck at PvP and am always in PvE gear). Its the whole group. If a group can't work together, they won't be able to win the fight.

P.S.
    I'm a Warlock
    Dawwwwwww

I collected this data through the statistics pages of characters profiles.
    I collected Battleground data from 10 alliance and 10 horde from each battlegroup
    I only used people who have done over 1000 battlegrounds, this would provide the most accurate data
    I tossed out data from people who had win ratios too low, I considered these to be botters and afkers.
    I tossed out data from people who had win ratios too high, I considered these people either rare or only doing Premades

Ratios between the 10 alliance and horde were averaged 2 different ways and then subsequently averaged together
    So he spent a lot of time, collected a lot of data, threw out anything that wasn't about 50%, and arrived at the amazing conclusion that the data he didn't throw out was around 50%!!! Much much much more interesting would be a complete picture including the data he arbitrarily excluded as outliers. The statistics page on the armory isn't a fluke and cannot be rationally discredited ... if "botters" are losing a lot, so are the people on their team. Also he needs a lot more then 10 samples per battlegroup.

Interesting idea, but dude needs to rethink the parameters of his experiment before his results have any real meaning.

Its the whole group. If a group can't work together, they won't be able to win the fight.
    This. Sucks being ret and doing almost all the healing for the group, I have some SS somewhere in which I did as much healing as I did damage, just because the other healer was selfish, idk. He spent more time casting wrath than heals.

Why is it that I, yesterday and today, have seen nothing constructive coming from you, Soldrethar?
    First the Ensidia flaming, then the elephant people and now this? What are you doing on MMO-Champion, if you nothing else than making yourself a target for flamers? That does no good.

Come on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philco69
    [Shadowmourne, Arthas' discarded Mace and other cool things]

I just got out of an Arathi Battle BG.

What I experienced is the following:
    - I suck at PvP. Shouldn't have tried it just to check.
    - Lots of people whining that they have a good rating.
    - Lots of people running around in random directions.
    - People saying they have a high rating trying to zerg everything on them own.
    - People following me around cause I capped the GM flag and because I happen to be the BG leader.
    - When running with a group to cap the BS, and I start attacking the ONE ENEMY defending, all other scatter and do not bother to help or heal anymore.

Its not one person that fails (like I said, I suck at PvP and am always in PvE gear). Its the whole group. If a group can't work together, they won't be able to win the fight.

P.S.
    I'm a Warlock
    one battleground is one. try 10.

Bahamut, is correct. It's really, really simple, all that is missing is some (also simple) thinking. That's why rated BGs will(i hope)be a good thing.

Wait...what!?.... :O

Come look at alliance on emberstorm battlegroup sometime. THEY SUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    Bahamut, is correct. It's really, really simple, all that is missing is some (also simple) thinking. That's why rated BGs will(i hope)be a good thing.
    noone will do rated bgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldrethar View Post
    noone will do rated bgs.
    I will! Don't jinx it!

Quote Originally Posted by Soldrethar View Post
    noone will do rated bgs.
    Why not? Arena gets old, something different would be cool. Even if it's just the same content with a purpose.

I'd have to respectfully disagree with this. 1 Person can not ruin a match for an entire team, the team just has to know how to communicate with said person and explain to them what you would like them to do. In WSG, have them stay mid field and try to slow the enemy players down or warn the rest of the team where the flag is going. In AB, have them stay at a node that is hardly being attacked as a deterrent and have them warn other players of incomming attacks at all nodes that they can see. In EoTS, have them do the same thing as AB.

Either way if they aren't the best PVPer they can still make a huge difference by helping to communicate. Now the above situations were all assuming that they are not a healer. If they are a healer, it doesn't matter how bad they are as any heals are better than no heals so stick them with a decent player. I've noticed that in WSG, not many people understand the fact that killing healers while controlling the enemy flag carrier is very important. Dead healers = easy to kill everyone else. In EoTS, a healer can make the difference in keeping a good PVPer alive long enough to kill an extra enemy or 2 while keeping a base safe. The same goes for AB.

Now if you have 3-4 bad players, then your team is probably doomed unless they listen to you and play decoy in any of the BG's. 3 bad players at 1 node in AB is a deterrent, 3 bad players in EoTS should be used to slow down the enemy and keep them busy in a useless position. In WSG, they should be used to run in and have the enemy focus on them while a good player or 2 grab the flag and start running with it.

It takes a good player to know how to deal with a bad one, and if your failing because of 1 or even a few bad players, you yourself are probably bad in 1 way or another to not be able to help them become better and be helpfull.

Riiight so 1 guy in ab running around racking up hk's can keep 3 nodes capped against the opposing team.