Page 27 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aiuda View Post
    It sounds like part of the draenei starting area I remember doing, im sure theres an island with whelps and dragon bones and also a humanoid quest giver

After some research, yes, it is (or sounds like) that Draenei island, however, I KNOW that I did it on my night elf rogue in vanilla... so I just wonder if it was recycled...

-you could duel opposite factions

You can still do that, if you are ally and are in say, the barrens you can click on a horde player and type /duel and you can duel him ^^

there used to massive AV battles on the Filed of Strife.

Hunters' disengage was a melee range aggro drop, but it did not make you jump backwards.

Devilsaurs were bigger in Vanilla

There were epic raids on the crossroads and Auberdine

Getting an epic mount actually meant something

old female trolls has same animation with Troggs..

If you AFK while on "auto-run" on an epic flying mount in northrend (flying somewhere, of course) you'll end up at the westfall GY. (for alliance anyway)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    When you are doing the Gnomeragen punch card quest every time you visit the punch card stations you are given 2 sets of binary codes. You get the first code when you first speak with the station, and the other one when you turn in the punch card to be upgraded. The second one is only accessible while doing the quest. When you translate the binary codes a message comes through. I've organized the translations in the order you do the quest.

station A message A: Tell your friends to play wow.
    message B: Play the warcraft rollplaying game.

station B message A: Gnomercy!
    message B: The lich king lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (there are that many exclamations)

station C message A: Gnomeragen forever!
    message B: Play more WoW!

station D message A: How am I driving?
    message B: <insert funny message here>

This took forever to translate, because I had to right down all the codes and translate them manually.
    Quote Originally Posted by tremors
    Divine Shield.. Never really stood the hole point of the "oh look at me im in a shiny bubble" I mean come on what does that shit even do?! Pointless waist of mana imo.

I don't know if this has been posted before but back when you had to go to a battlemaster to queue up for a battleground you could go anywhere you wanted and after the bg was over you would be ported right back to the battlemaster.

basically a free hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by Bowz View Post
    station A message A: Tell your friends to play wow.
    message B: Play the warcraft rollplaying game.

station B message A: Gnomercy!
    message B: The lich king lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (there are that many exclamations)

station C message A: Gnomeragen forever!
    message B: Play more WoW!

station D message A: How am I driving?
    message B: <insert funny message here>

This took forever to translate, because I had to right down all the codes and translate them manually.
    Now that is awesome information to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowysaint View Post
    World of warcraft used to be called warcraft: adventures, then they scrapped it and made Warcraft 3. Then they hit the "adventures" game again and made WoW. True story. true story. i'll message OP so he includes it at the VERY top.
    No.

Warcraft: Adventures was another game -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warcraft_Adventures --

it was a nice try at blizzard knowledge though

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe this has been mentioned, but back in Vanilla WoW, and maybe into BC, shaman used to be able to cast sentry totem at the top of a cliff, or the zepplin tower at undercity for example, and then jump off, and click the sentry totem buff and watch yourself fall to the ground and not take falling damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowz View Post
    Or you could have simply searched for "Gnomeregan Binary Code" on Google like pretty much everyone did

Quote Originally Posted by Wsp View Post
    No.

Warcraft: Adventures was another game -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warcraft_Adventures --

it was a nice try at blizzard knowledge though
    Yep.

WoW used to be fun, true story...

10+ Year Old Account
    I always wondered the "why" of the koiter one

15+ Year Old Account
    -Shamans had Magma Blast and Lightning Shock spells.

:x

10+ Year Old Account
    lol yah I noticed that the spirit healers were saying stuff liek that a couple years ago, I LOL SOOOOOOO freaking hard the first time I realized it.

"Worlds first is overrated anyway. Only proves that you have no life."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daranus View Post
    lol yah I noticed that the spirit healers were saying stuff liek that a couple years ago, I LOL SOOOOOOO freaking hard the first time I realized it.
    You always hear what you want to hear.

One very funny that I always loved was priests mind-controlling enemy faction vendors and being able to buy from them. I started beta in the push when they added mounts and there were undeads (No one played troll priest) with tigers due mind-controlling mount vendors and buying from them without restriction.

Also, undaed speaking common was great. My favoriute screenshot ever in WoW is an undead mage who's invisible, some Alliance guy yells "Where is this NPC?". The mage answers "By the bridge". Then you can see in the combat chat how the undead mage was waiting by the bridge and killed the guy with pyroblast. It was an excellent screenshot. I wish I could have it back.
    Last edited by mmoc62a721aa86; 2010-06-20 at 05:19 AM.

I seem to remember Rogue poisons actually dripping green off the weapons they were applied to.

15+ Year Old Account
    the priest racials were actually a really cool idea and i thought they were going to stick with them. from what i remember, undead had devouring plague, trolls had the shadowguard (which they are re-designing for Cata.), humans had desperate prayer and i don't remember the others.

a few things i remember:

summoning stones were in game, but they didn't do anything.

shaman's sentry totem had a bug where if you casted it while falling, it would just stop you in mid air and you could keep reclicking the vision on and off and survive any fall.

in WSG you could just run and jump over the gate as soon as you teleported in if you had a speed buff of some type.

in AB, you used to be able to cast Eagle eye/Farsight beyond the gate and just cap flags before the game started.

also, WSG had a bunch of bug spots that you could either hide in or trap yourself from others and turtle. one was inside of a tree trunk, the other was a crater adjacent to the Alliance GY (thats now fixed.), if you were good at wall jumping you could get on top of the horde base and go inside the water wheel and along the whole roof (i actually have screens somewhere.)

in old AV, if you played a warrior, you could just run straight to the back of the Alliance base, target an NPC and charge up the hill straight to the GY outside van's room.

in alpha healing stream totem was like a burst HoT, but then they nerfed it and allowed multiples to stack.

you could buff stack and totem stack stuff by leaving and joining instances.

you used to be able to get out of combat in PVE in the middle of a boss fight if you just stood there and the fad back then was assigning out-of-combat rezzers.

to do attunement runs to MC, you just went in BRD, killed the fire elemental, jumped down into the lava and skipped the entire instance.

in ZG (and various other instances) there was always bug spots that you could find by jumping onto/into to reset aggro and encounters. a good example is Mandokir, where you stood behind the spikes to bug the boss. if you pulled pats, sometimes you could just jump onto hard to reach objects and their aggro would reset.

from what i remember about when PVP was introduced, was that AOE spells didn't have target or dmg caps, so you could just blow both trinkets and all CDs and kill large crowds waiting in front of the WSG portal (back then you had to goto barrens and Q for it.)

the early version of Rockbiter weapon used to grant you a flat 2000 attack power. any spec shaman could wield a staff, put rockbiter on it and hit clothies really freaking hard, say if you got silenced or something. it was changed after they started fixing enhancement.

back then, subltely wasn't the obvious choice for PVP. good rogues went combat maces and had weapon swap macros, would switch to a dagger and backstab and ambush you while you were stunned. barman's shanker anyone?

blind was a poison effect and could be cleansed by poison cleansing. this helped me win impossible duels against rogues back in the day.

the Shaman specfifc, "natural alignment crystal" was nerfed and i remember the day it was because i died a little inside. it increased nature damage done by like 20%. you can imagine the ramifications of a trinket like that.

people used to CP trade and set up caps on servers. CP trading was basically where two really good teams met up against each other. they would talk in vent, blah blah, then take turns forfeiting games. the faster the forfeit, the more CP everyone gets at the end of it. you get a pub, you reap HKs. CP caps were put in place like mini-blacklists. if you control the top 15 ranking board, then you got at least 300-500,000 CP a week, you probably also organize the best BG groups because the best players want to play with you. this is how the "blacklist" is determined. people find out quick who's good and who's bad.

edit:

i forgot grounding totem used to absorb charge. warriors and their spell casting, lol. it also used to absorb tons of crap mid flight. you're in AV and you just see 2 shadowbolts, a frostbolt, an arcane shot and 3 pyroblasts hit this tiny totem, haha.

Mmmm sometime in BC i think it was gnome rogues could speak demonic language and could interrupt all types of crazy npcs talk