Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I like skada.

It's a lot more 'workable' than recount.

Also looks a hell of a lot better.

It is nothing to do with syncing, purely because there are two methods to calculate the numbers based on the combat.
    Recount uses one, Skada uses another and neither has officical recognition since both have legitimate uses. The numbers will vary as a result.

Using skada to combine absorbs and healing is a bad call. You're ruining pretty accurate healing data with very inaccurate absorb data

If you want to see absorb data use something like WoL or WMO.

I can't stand skada.. Went back to recount after trying to get Skada to play friendly. I also noticed skada just likes to stop working randomly and i miss the in-depth analysis where recount really shines without having to wait until WOL post analysis.

well, i do like Skada more functionality wise, but Skada also bugs out 24/7 stopw working etc and shows wrong data...
    recount doesn't....
    but sticking to Skada for the moment
    Last edited by Dyminator; 2010-06-22 at 12:25 PM. Reason: typo
    Sethraz - Havoc Demon Hunter - Draenor EU - Achievement Points: 22220+ - Mounts: 472+

Whats the best of both for tanking? Skada or Omen???

As a threat meter either will do just fine.
    As a damage meter, as long as you are not trying to compare directly to what other people are running, and as long as you understand the differences then either will do.

The big thing about recount is it's very easy to manage, easy to link, and easy to see who *exactly* caused wipes is all very very useful.

Skada is very accurate, Generally more accurate then recount.

I prefer recount, If you want accurate dps though- Skada is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Generally the consensus is that Skada takes up less memory.

It also records much less data, so if you're simply after a "DPS meter" which is pretty fire and forget, then go for Skada.

Recount records a lot more information, and if you use it to report to people, or see how someone died, or use the information in any important way, then Recount would come out on top.

Both addons show similar numbers when compared, Skada doesn't stop recording someone's DPS when they die, Recount does. So DoT class numbers may be pretty off.
    You are wrong sir. I am an affliction warlock and I have died with full dots on Sindragosa while she went air phase and saw my dps/dmg increasing. So much for it not recording when your dead theory huh? Why do people come here and just make stuff up I really don't understand.

Coming from a tank that has always used Recount + Omen, I've recently starting shaving back mods on my UI, not because of memory usage but I like it being light, reliable and easily transferrable. I have a few questions regarding Skada:

Firstly, how fast is it updated, usually within 24 hours, or more like 72 hours?!

Secondly, How does it track threat and display this, I'm used to using Omen as it shows TPS (albeit badly), Total threat buit and Threat percentage.

Thirdly, Once combat has ended with Omen I'v been unable to regain old Meters and WoL doesn't track threat. If there's anyway to save this then that would be awesome

Any help is greatly appreciated

I remember skada showed me odd numbers, for example, if I stoped healing for a while, my hps decreased, as it was still recording my healing PER SECOND, even if I wasn't healing. Might just be my version that was being odd, but I got annoyed at it and downloaded recount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Applepie
    your retarded.

Says in you're Sig that you're a resto druid? maybe a couple of crits? lol I severely doubt all of this Recount vs Skada accuracy, the only meter that really matters is Damage done for DPS, Threat meter for tanks and Healing done for healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Halogen0 View Post
    Says in you're Sig that you're a resto druid? maybe a couple of crits? lol I severely doubt all of this Recount vs Skada accuracy, the only meter that really matters is Damage done for DPS, Threat meter for tanks and Healing done for healers.
    Indeed I am, but having 700-1300 hps on various fights is not accurate, when in fact I'm on 5-6k without any manaissues. Also, recount show RJ ticks and WGticks etc, where I'm taking notes and calculating overhealing and things of that matter.

Also, restodruids rarely crits, it's just in rare occasions that I throw RG or Nourishes. Whenever needed, that is.
    Last edited by Thryri; 2010-06-24 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Additional info
    your retarded.

Ohhhhh ok, I've noticed similar problems with Omen, although reading the current TPS read-out is almost impossible :P

Omen is quite tricky, but this is WoTLK, aggro is in most cases not a problem. The only fight(s) I watch it on is Saurfang and Deathwhisper HC
    your retarded.

The guild I most recently raided with had two mages who took every possible opportunity to stunt parse xD
    One of them got 16k DPS w/3 tricks and cutting down the tier 1 THreat reduction talent on Saurfang HM

Quote Originally Posted by Thryri View Post
    I remember skada showed me odd numbers, for example, if I stoped healing for a while, my hps decreased, as it was still recording my healing PER SECOND, even if I wasn't healing. Might just be my version that was being odd, but I got annoyed at it and downloaded recount.
    If you were in combat and You stopped healing, then it's accurate that your hps decreased...yes?

Quote Originally Posted by iniquitous View Post
    Cycle 1= 5,33 dps
    Cycle 2= 8,33 dps
    Cycle 3= 8 dps

First it adds 5.33+8.33 and divides it by two.
    5,33+8,33= 13,66 which gives us 6,83 in average.

Then that average is added to the next average.
    6,83+8=14,83 which is then divided by two for the final number 7,415 dps.
    You fail at math I'm pretty sure skada doesn't do that cause it's just against logic and math You total dps is calculated just like that: (5,33 + 8,33 + 8) / 3 = 7,22. Oh the same! ;P And why ppl always look at dps. We have mage who always do insane dps but he's death in the middle of fight. Damage done rules ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Halogen0 View Post
    Coming from a tank that has always used Recount + Omen, I've recently starting shaving back mods on my UI, not because of memory usage but I like it being light, reliable and easily transferrable. I have a few questions regarding Skada:

Firstly, how fast is it updated, usually within 24 hours, or more like 72 hours?!

Secondly, How does it track threat and display this, I'm used to using Omen as it shows TPS (albeit badly), Total threat buit and Threat percentage.

Thirdly, Once combat has ended with Omen I'v been unable to regain old Meters and WoL doesn't track threat. If there's anyway to save this then that would be awesome

Any help is greatly appreciated
    Seems to usually be updated pretty promptly. Didn't need an update after this latest patch as it still works perfectly.

Skada shows all of the same information as Omen when in threat mode. Both addons get their threat information directly from the server, so there should be no difference in what they display.

I don't believe Skada saves threat information per fight, but I could be wrong. I have never really wanted to look at old threat information.

I like Skada's built in ability to auto switch to threat during combat and then back to any other meter when out of combat.