Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Midsummer Festival - Lord Ahune Loot Table

Update - Added the MMO Report and Dark Legacy Comic.

Midsummer Festival - Lord Ahune Loot Table
    The Midsummer Festival is here and players can now fight Lord Ahune for super easy epics, because we all like super easy epics. You will be teleported to the instance instantly, you then get to kill Lord Ahune once. You will get an epic item from his chest (see the loot table) and all the members of the group will be rewarded with 2 x Emblem of Frost from the Satchet of Chilled Goods.

Important - You only get the bag with the 2 x Emblem of Frost from the Satchet of Chilled Goods once a day, but you can kill the boss as many times as you want if you want to farm the chest.
    Important #2 - The chest only drops cloaks, the bag has a chance to drop rare loot like the Frostscythe and the companion pets.

Lord Ahune Loot Table

lvlTypeSpecSlotItem
    232StaffSpellTwo-HandFrostscythe of Lord Ahune
    232CloakTankingCloakIcebound Cloak
    232CloakMelee.DPSCloakThe Frost Lord's Battle Shroud
    232CloakPhys.DPSCloakThe Frost Lord's War Cloak
    232CloakSpellCloakShroud of Winter's Chill
    232CloakSpellCloakCloak of the Frigid Winds

This year's pet is the Ice Chip (Frigid Frostling).

This is the first time players get a chance to use the Looking for Dungeon system on a holiday boss. All you have to do to fight Ahune is select the boss from the drop down menu and wait for a group.

The MMO Report
    I skipped last week's episode because of a bug, the MMO Report report is back!

Comics
    Dark Legacy Comic #243 is out!

Last edited by Boubouille; 2010-06-21 at 02:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, by doing it on my 7 alts, the Frostscythe can drop from the bag, chest only drops cloaks.

And according to others, bag can also drop Scorchling and a new frost elemental like pet.
    Last edited by Trivial; 2010-06-20 at 11:20 PM. Reason: 7, not 8!

Got the pet on my 3rd Char: i49.tinypic.c__om/21oaob4.png

Interesting about the pets.
    Just trying to find out about the enchant now.
    If that can still drop, and if it is from the chest or the satchel so I know if it is worth running multiple times per day.

Deleted
    It seems you can do the boss as many times as you want.

But you only get the bag once (Not sure if its 1 per day)

15+ Year Old Account
    If you leave the instance after killing Lord Ahune you can join the queue again to kill him, though then you don't get the Satchet but you will get another chance for the epics

Also, this is not *quite* yet live in the US, at least not on Mug'thol (Midsummer Festival begins Monday in the US)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    If you leave the instance after killing Lord Ahune you can join the queue again to kill him, though then you don't get the Satchet but you will get another chance for the epics
    Was able to queue as many times as I wanted without leaving.

You could usually do it 5 times a day. I guess they scrapped the quest and let you do it as many times as you want with 1 bag reward per day.

The deathfrost enchanting thing just dropped for me so it still drops It was in the chest.

wait... 2 more frost badges a day? awesome

I need some confirmation about the Scorched Stone. Does it still drop from the Satchel or only the new pet this year?

Deleted
    Satchel

Sweet. 2 more Frost per day, epics are 232 and I have replaced the cloack with the 264 so I dont care about them, just run it once to get the badges... super sweet! Also the boss is awesome o.o"!

I don't know the minimum level, but just did this on a 79 alt and got the 2 Emblems + chance to roll on the epic.

Deleted
    Anyone know if the Scorching pet drops this year too? I really want it :<

What does the use effect do?

15+ Year Old Account
    i wonder if the icestone has melted

Deleted
    3 min queue for 2 free frosts, I like it. fight is so boring though

15+ Year Old Account
    I got a Pet in my first bag, but it was NOT the Scorchling. Some kind of Ice Elemental, followingyou and randomly throwing Snowballs at random players in sight. Really funny little guy, i love him^^