Warrior Arena Advice?

So, I tried doing a search for this topic but I was told that "searching was disabled" so I'm just going to start a thread and see what happens.

I'm going to flat out admit that I'm somewhat green when it comes to doing Arenas. To give a time-frame of where my gear currently sits I've only been doing this for about 2 weeks to any serious degree, and have picked up enough for a Furious 4set with 1 piece being Relentless.

I currently run on a Druid/Warrior 2s and a Druid/Warrior/Shaman 3s.
    I implore any and all hardcore PvP Warriors out there (or other knowledgeable people) for their advice on the following concerning playing a Warrior in Arena
    -
    Gemming - How should I gem? Should I stack a stat like I do in PvE, such as Arp, Strength or Atk Pwr? Do the socket bonuses matter? How about Stam gems?
    Resilience - I have a total of 840 resilience and working on getting more and more w/gear as time goes on but what number should I shoot for?
    Spec - I've traditionally been an Arms spec for Arena, but I've heard that Fury, Prot and Prot + (whatever) hybrids have become very viable, too. Your thoughts on this? What do you feel the pros and cons are for each spec for Arena purposes? Any armory links I can view for reference?
    Rotations(If you can call them that in PvP?) - What should I be opening with on targets? What about Plate targets? When should I use BS?

Like I said, I know this is general knowledge for some, but I've been having a hard time finding up-to-date info.

Thanks a TON in advance!

Edit - Armory link > http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...and&cn=Vallius

I'm traditionally PvE all the time, but I've just recently taken an interest in PvP so that's why you'll see me wearing PvE gear
    Last edited by Vallius; 2010-06-24 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Linking Armory

You should link your armory so we can better help you. I'd recommand you to go arms though.

~I'm french, expect shitty grammar~

-Gem all ArP;

-Anywhere from 900-1100 should be reasonable resil-wise, as long as you don't get globaled;

-Arms is easily the spec to go with. Prot has it's niches where it can be effective (ie Prot/Hunter/Hpal, extremely good comp) but it is pretty gear dependent. Unless you have ass tons of ArP and PvE prot 2 set for increased damage from shield slam/shockwave, chances are you won't do enough damage to be really effective.

-There's no real "rotation" in PvP, your job is to destroy something while trying to take as little damage as possible. Keep MS up (Obvi), try to use your Overpower procs in casts for Unrelenting Assault if you're killing a caster, and spamstring whenever is needed. As for when to Bladestorm, whenever you think you can score a kill with it, or if people are grouped up for a Sweeping Strikes bladestorm, do it. There is no "right" time to use it, just whenever you feel it could either kill someone or force some CD's.

Gear : Gem pure arp, get DBW, get 1000 resi then use arp pve gear, get 35k+ hp unbuff, get a 277 pve weapon.

Rest you can learn by yourself in skirmish and battlegrouds and arena, even if you fail at the begening. Just train, train, train and train, learn how to play against each sepcific team, what to be aware of, what could make you win, etc... A wall of text wont make you play like a pro.

a and macro are pure win :

Rawrstorm, repress to cancel it, I have seen a lot of wars who died during BS because they couldnt pop SW, or any def cd. You can also pour /cancelaura Bladestorm at the begining of any of your def cd.

#showtooltip Bladestorm
    /cancelaura Bladestorm
    /cast Bladestorm

Put you in combat stance and equipe your 2h weap.

#showtooltip Combat stance
    /cast [stance: 2/3] Combat Stance
    /equip [Your 3METERS AXE name]

Put you in def stance and equip your 1h + shield.

#showtooltip Defensive Stance
    /cast [stance:1/3] Defensive Stance
    /equip [YOUR1HNAME]
    /equip [YOURSHIELDNAME]

Casts SpellReflect if in combat/def stance with a shield equiped, otherwise puts you in defstance, equips your 1h + shield and casts spellreflect.

#showtooltip Spell Reflection
    /cast [stance:1/2,equipped:Shields] Spell Reflection; [stance:3] Defensive Stance
    /stopmacro [equipped: Shields]
    /stopcasting
    /equip YOUR 1H
    /equip YOUR SHIELD

Casts disarm if in def stance, other wise put you in def stance and casts disarm

#showtooltip Disarm
    /cast [stance:2] Disarm; [stance:1/3] Defensive Stance

Will cast SW if in def stance with a shield, other wise will put you in def stance and equipe your shield + 1h weap, then cast SW.

#showtooltip Shield Wall
    /cast [stance:2,equipped:shields] Shield Wall; [stance:1/3] Defensive Stance
    /stopmacro [equipped:shields]
    /equip [YOUR 1H WEAPON]
    /equip [YOUR SHIELD]

Put you in combat stance if not already in and casts overpower
    #showtooltip overpower
    /cast [stance:2/3] Combat Stance
    /cast overpower

Put you in berserker stance if not already in, and intercep your focus target

#showtooltip Interception
    /cast [stance:1/2] berserk stance
    /cast [target=focus] Inverception

Put you in combat stance if not already in, and charges your target

#showtooltip charge
    /cast [stance:2/3] combat stance
    /cast charge
    /equip [your 3METERS AXE name]
    Last edited by Zibeline; 2010-06-24 at 07:29 AM.

People that dont play warriors giving warriors advice.

^_^

900+ resil, 50-100% arp, 4.8k AP
    Dont use the NeS trinket if youre soft capped.
    Fury is not a pvp spec despite what gearbreaker tells you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR1MG-5BBvg

ARP>STRENGTH>CRIT

Test your rage gain on a dummy. you want 25+, mix and match until you get there.

I found macros that automatically switch stances for me are very annoying.
    Your most important macros are the following:

#showtooltip Spell Reflection
    /equipslot 16 [onehanded weapon]
    /equipslot 17 [shield]
    /cast [nomodifier] Spell Reflection
    /equip [modifier:<shift/alt/ctrl>] [two handed weapon]

#showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:alt, target=focus] Charge; Charge

Replace charge with intercept, pummel and shield bash accordingly

also
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomodifier, target=Yamao] Intervene
    /cast [modifier:alt, target=Lexyo] Intervene
    /cast Intervene

What this macro does is the following: If it can, it will intervene yamao (my paladin healer)
    if I press alt it will intervene lexyo (my priest healer)
    if neither is possible it will intervene my target
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Galvangar View Post
    People that dont play warriors giving warriors advice.

^_^
    Tell us what I play.

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge View Post
    I found macros that automatically switch stances for me are very annoying.
    Well, it will always depends of your game play and preferences. I like macros that switch you in the right stance for a specific ability, less buttons to hit (but more buttons overall, I admit it). You have is to get used to it, like if you change your keybinds, take a few time but at the end you feel like its finaly better (speaking of new keybinds).

But anyway, macro do not make the player.
    Last edited by Zibeline; 2010-06-24 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    Tell us what I play.
    Idk but after calling it combat stance 30 times and using macro's that are overly complicated/have no purpose, I hope its not a warrior.

Idk but after calling it combat stance 30 times and using macro's that are overly complicated/have no purpose, I hope its not a warrior.
    I translated them, and in french battle stance = posture de combat, sorry I am sometime confused with the abilities' names. Like "Lock&Load" = Prêt à tirer=Ready to fire...very missleading.

Lol, these macro are not at all complicated....I see you realy dont know what a complicated macro is...and that you dont know the macro language coding.

/cast [stance:2,equipped:shields] Shield Wall; [stance:1/3] Defensive Stance

[stance:2,equipped:shields] =

[ ] allow to put a restriction with "if"

"," is an "and (restrictive, you need both)"

"/" is an "or"

so you have /cast (If you are in def stance and have an shield equiped) shield wall

";" = allows you to add a new command after the first, that will be done at the same time.

Then, if you are not in def stance AND have dont have a shield, it will jump to [stance:1/3] Defensive Stance, saying that if you are in battle stance (lol not combat) OR in Berserk stance ( "/" is the or, 1 and 3 are the position of the stance on the stance barre), it will /cast battlestance, and then follow the rest of the command lines.

And these are basics, cause /script macro are way more complicated.
    Last edited by Zibeline; 2010-06-24 at 02:24 PM.

Once disarm is off CD for them pop CD when mortal strike is on your target. If that doesn't work try again when its up. Shadowmourne helps you look good too.

Hey guys, thanks a lot for the helpful tips!!

I kinda figured I'd get a more mature response here than trying on the Official forums and I'm glad I was right, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    I french
    That explains the cocky attitude with nothing to back it up.

Well, you could learn a lot from just watching streams of top warriors via AJ. It helped me with improving my hunter at least...

That explains the cocky attitude with nothing to back it up.
    In fact I Swiss, not French.

<3 you all. Btw, war can hit hard, I was with my french, a no, fresh lvl 80 priest, and I took the aggro from a Shadowmourn geared war. I died, painfully.
    Last edited by Zibeline; 2010-06-25 at 06:39 AM.