Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
    Ya well we all know this will NOT make it to live, because simply to many casuals will whine and moan that they aren't on par with others more "hardcore" gamers end game, and we all know blizzard never caters to the whiners AMARITE !?.
    Whine and moan just like the raiders whining and moaning about epic gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Music to my ears.

Oh, and bring back 8 piece tier sets!
    never liked 8 part sets

why make off pieces if ur just gunna use tier for the set bonus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    never liked 8 part sets

why make off pieces if ur just gunna use tier for the set bonus
    Larger optimisation? You can use any 5 of the 8 tier pieces for a 5 set bonus rather than getting them all on a 5 piece set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    If people care so much about a color, so yeah Hard Modes loot table should be only purple so they can get that "EPIC FEELING!!"
    agreeded

now the so called self proclaimed "hard cores" who bitch about the game being to easy with out stepping into hard modes(not the real ones who rarley complain cause they do hard modes) will all jump off a bridge because they will still look like casual players who just play the game for fun or donthave tons of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    If every item in 10 or 25 man raid is an epic...

And they stick with the "top tier content should still be Puggable except the final boss on heroic" ethic they have....

Then epic is still not epic. It just means blues drop from instances and maybe vendors instead of purples. Pretty much making them pointless as everyone will just gear in raids.

They should have mostly blues drop in the early raids with the odd epic, like it was in vanilla. And they should make it harder to get into the final raid tiers (or at least the hard modes).

Make hard modes hard, and have normal mode drop blues. Then epic would be epic.

inmagin if we had to do naxx, uld, maly, and so on just to be able to do icc it would be soooo boring. but on other hand would this give back the epic feeling but is it worth it? think if you had 3-6 alts too which you also wanted to take part in the end contents, it would be a pain and maybe take 1 1/2 month to gear them upp the the end raid. if they remove the buff it wouldnt be like this easy and it would give the epicness icc have back

Sorry for bad spelling and grammar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    If every item in 10 or 25 man raid is an epic...

And they stick with the "top tier content should still be Puggable except the final boss on heroic" ethic they have....

Then epic is still not epic. It just means blues drop from instances and maybe vendors instead of purples. Pretty much making them pointless as everyone will just gear in raids.

They should have mostly blues drop in the early raids with the odd epic, like it was in vanilla. And they should make it harder to get into the final raid tiers (or at least the hard modes).

Make hard modes hard, and have normal mode drop blues. Then epic would be epic.
    i dont see many heroic pugs that are sucessful out side of gunship

10+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing how many small minded people can only see their own point of view (me included with being anti-raider),

I'm so glad blizzard is a company and not one of you hardcore raiders, if it was upto you then the majority of players would be stuck in greys with no stats, no uniqueness, no vanity items or titles while only the most dedicated advance to good quality items.

It's not your job to decide how to define dedication in wow, their are hundreds of thousands of ways yet you people seem to only want to define it by having epics?

Get this amazing wonder - their will always be someone that is more dedicated than you and has put alot more effort in the game than you, yet these people won't be the ones that stroll around in 271 gear flexing as they pass...

Ps. Rant over, go back to mutilating humanity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    i dont see many heroic pugs that are sucessful out side of gunship
    That is still a boss encounter in the end instance of an expansion though, on heroic mode (meant to be hard) and it's being taken out by Pug's and alts easier than they took out Curator in Karazhan back in BC.

I know and accept that Blizz have made the game easy (yep, i killed hlk 25) and accessible. My only point here is if they want to make epic mean epic again, then they have to make the hard modes hard and limit the epics to them. That would be the equivalent of what it was before.

Lets face it, hard mode isn't really that hard. Hard mode is just what normal mode used to be in TBC, and normal mode is pretty much the difficulty of a heroic 5 man instance in BC.

If they decided to let everyone raid every instance, without any progression and kept purples on all bosses, then of course it was going to lose its value. I doubt very much they will take epics away from these people altogether now they've had them for a whole expansion, that will cause too many complaints.

They shouldn't say things like "epic will mean epic" unless it will. And it only will when you need somewhat coordination of your raid group to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by molinator View Post
    But the only reason they DID that is because it would have been IMPOSSIBLE to step up to raiding content if you had bought the game mid-expansion. Imagine if you didn't have a character until all the guilds were progressed to ICC and Heroics only rewarded 200 level blues. Ulduar might be regularly raided for hard modes, but if you're still in blues you won't get an invite. Naxxramas is dead at the moment and people would laugh in your face if you wanted to do anything but an achievement run, or the weekly.

The reason for epics being less "epic" is hence due to the fact that this game needs to be accessible to new players. And if that pisses you off, then you're being elitist.
    If you insist on dabbling in absolutes, then I suppose I can live with that title.
    There is quite the middle ground between 40man sharing 3 loots and wotlk style.
    "He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool." — Brigham Young

Deleted
    Hellyeah its about time!

If you think about it epic was almost epic in the begining of WotLK because you raided and had almost full epic or full epic, and if you only did heroics you had blues and some epics the only problem was that 10 mans and heroics had the same ilvl. Make heroic gear in almost every spot needed to raid and raise the gap between raid/heroic and it would be awsome. This is only my opinion ofc and you will probably complain about everyone being able to raid anyway, but this is a game to please casuals too, actually.

First Off: Complaining about hard modes not being hard, turn off that 25% buff.

Second: Heroic gear has always looked different from regular. While it may be the same model, its normally reskinned.

Third: BC still blew because I had to spend 40+ hours farming primal mights just to be able to do some heroics. That wasn't fun, and had absolutely nothing to do with skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onthar View Post
    First Off: Complaining about hard modes not being hard, turn off that 25% buff.
    Did. Apart from Lk which is horrible overtuned and probably cannot be beaten without at least 5% right now, they all go down pretty easily. Don't talk about things you don't understand.

Deleted
    Best blue in a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epics are going to be epics for the first raid tier. (T11)

When T12 pops out you farm heroics to get your full T11.
    GG

That is still a boss encounter in the end instance of an expansion though, on heroic mode (meant to be hard) and it's being taken out by Pug's and alts easier than they took out Curator in Karazhan back in BC.
    You're not only exaggerating you're totally and completely WRONG. Karazahn was as easy as Naxx was in WOTLK. You're also comparing a PUG running Kara at the beginning of BC to a pug running H ICC months after that content has been released and plenty of people have had time to gear up (not to mention that plenty of good players perpetually guild hop or rely on pugs so there's that to take into account too when discussing pugs) so you automatically fail with this horrible comparison. End of discussion nothing else to say about that.

Lets face it, hard mode isn't really that hard.
    Really? Is that why around a 3rd or more of all realms do not have a guild that has cleared Ulduar hardmodes, and most realms don't have a guild who did it legitimately during 3.1? Because they're so damn easy?

How about guilds that are doing tribute runs in TOGC? Oh not many doing that at all and in fact most realms still have problems pugging normal toc.

My only point is you're exaggerating about how supposedly easy the game is now. It's only easy for people to jump in with good enough gear to merely start raiding end game content because they can obtain gear equivalent to the previous tier via badges and some better items from icc from crafters or because they're boe.

Are those players going to be downing H 25 LK anytime soon? Hell no and I'd bet hard money that you got carried yourself. There's at least some high end guilds making a killing charging people gold for runs through H 25 ICC.

EDIT: Also if you enjoyed grinding content forever and ever and relying on the luck of your rolls alone to get better gear get help.

Comes down to it there is one and only one major problem with this game: the HORRIBLE COMMUNITY. Honestly for the most part it's worse than 4chan and that's being nice about it.
    Last edited by Bucky Mclachlan; 2010-06-24 at 08:26 PM.

I dont see the big deal, its just a colour title on clothing whoopdie doo.

So they are changing the gear color from all items that drop in heroics to blue instead of purple?

What difference does that make again? No seriously I'd like to know, aside the obvious color difference, I don't see anything different...
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    It's amazing how many small minded people can only see their own point of view (me included with being anti-raider),

I'm so glad blizzard is a company and not one of you hardcore raiders, if it was upto you then the majority of players would be stuck in greys with no stats, no uniqueness, no vanity items or titles while only the most dedicated advance to good quality items.

It's not your job to decide how to define dedication in wow, their are hundreds of thousands of ways yet you people seem to only want to define it by having epics?

Get this amazing wonder - their will always be someone that is more dedicated than you and has put alot more effort in the game than you, yet these people won't be the ones that stroll around in 271 gear flexing as they pass...

Ps. Rant over, go back to mutilating humanity
    Wrong Game, dude.