Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Sounds better than it will actually be.

As soon as the Tier 12 is released, and T11 is moved to Valour Points, Epics will once again be Common.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blizz made raiding more accessible to everyone under the pretense that less than 5% of the population cleared Naxx in Vanilla; less than 10% cleared SWP in TBC. They didn't want to make content that nobody would ever see.

What is more of a tragedy though? For people to never see the content, or for everyone to be able to see the content then complain about how bored of their game they are? People need to learn the value of time investment again in the MMORPG genre. This isn't console gaming. People need content that continually drives them to want to advance their character more.

While I can agree that badges for epics is acceptable. It should be limited to fewer pieces of gear. People should be forced into working their way through the tier content like in TBC. As a few people pointed out, they only made it to SSC/TK content with their guild while others were in Hyjal/BT. As long as you love raiding, it shouldn't matter what tier level content you have to go through because raiding is fun for people. Too many people just plain want to skip downing the boss & have epics handed out just for showing up. If you don't enjoy the thrill of downing something that requires 2 or 3 deaths in the process, you're playing the wrong game.

That said -- The problem TBC created was that people would get geared then leave their guilds for higher tier guilds. This is probably the biggest factor in a guilds progression being hindered. That's why I say, epics for badges isn't bad. It'll allow people to catch up quicker, but it should be limited to fewer items.

Deleted
    Sink and hook to half the people on this thread. If this means what I think it does, then we will have heroic blues BETTER than raiding epic in patch 4.1. That or the current system.

And the guy that is saying that "it's just a color" will be vindicated. He is 100% correct.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2010-06-24 at 09:52 AM.

I never played in Vanilla either. Yet I have noticed as I was doing the Loremaster Achievement that even the long end-game quests lines (and by long I mean like 20 stages big quest chains) in the end rewarded only green items. GREEN! I can really imagine how epic epics must have been.
    "Malfurion can apparently pop everyone into the dream and make a dream state army.. oh and summon the forest animals in a way that makes Snow White jealous. He's like the Ace ventura of the Emerald Dream. "

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post

As soon as the Tier 12 is released, and T11 is moved to Valour Points, Epics will once again be Common.
    And this will allways be

They wont be able to do it because of a big whine storm.

moreover normal mode will always be a push over in every raid tier so epics will be flooded nonetheless.

i dont see sense in that blue statement, they know epics cant be the same with the new raid philosophy.
    Who needs gameplay when you have ACHIEVEMENTS? Don't worry about beating levels, finding ways to kill enemies, or beating the final boss... there are none. Focus solely on your ultimate destiny... doing random tasks that have nothing to do with anything. Metagame yourself with ease! Self-satisfaction never felt so... artificial!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blupp View Post
    They wont be able to do it because of a big whine storm.

moreover normal mode will always be a push over in every raid tier so epics will be flooded nonetheless.

i dont see sense in that blue statement, they know epics cant be the same with the new raid philosophy.
    It was a "sink and hook" answer. They will be able to do it... for a patch, more than enough for several starting to throw confetti and celebrating.

The only possible solution for this is downgrading the tiers color in every single major patch.

inc nerfs the first couple of week when casuals start trying to do hardmodes..

Quote Originally Posted by Ammikaameri View Post
    Oh god, how can we have people like you in the forums. You feel personally hurt for every opinion that isn't the same as yours, eh ?

Did I say I want to raid naxx? LOTRO has that system (the main Q) that you have to progress trought. Everyone has to go trought the same instances and crap to follow the story and to progress.

One fact is that if you, when the WOTLK game out, raided naxx, kept a 2 month break and came back, you were considered shitty geared by the elitists. I'm not annoyed by this either, but thats just the way it is.

This however, has nothing to do with this thread. This thread is about Epics being Epics. In otherwords, to be classified EPIC, an item needs a higher iLvl than now. I think that is a change for good, but you can think whatever you want.

Just dont take it personally and start flaming others, duh.
    so now you want to play lotro? go play lotro then. sheesh man make up your mind. first your complaining about people having gear that you yourself said that you don't have. if you don't have IL 232 gear yet why feel threatened by the ease of getting it? then you get butthurt about people skipping over naxx. the only conclusion i could draw is that you really want to run naxx for the next four to five months in order to gear up for ulduar. so you don't want to do that now.

i'm just trying to understand your coocoo logic here is all. your complaining about the sanctity of epic gear when you yourself said you don't have any. how exactly is it easy to get said raid gear, and rush to clear Lich king in under 72 hours when such a pro specimen of a great player like yourself hasn't done it yet?

I bet people starting QQing when they can't get epic gear though
    Quote Originally Posted by XaCez
    You base your performance on GS

10+ Year Old Account

This is my point, if they are suggesting purples will feel more epic it would mean the only way to make this permanent is to halt soloplayers progression. ie. not allowing soloplayers from buying new sets after every new tier.

WHICH IS BAD

I bet people starting QQing when they can't get epic gear though
    Because you are super specialz and are the only one that deserves good things
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2010-06-24 at 09:56 AM.

Deleted
    Nice

Deleted
    All I hear is:
    "Yaaaay I can hide my insecurities behind a false sense of superiority again..."

best news iv heard in a loooong time now!

Seems like people are reading more into this than it seems. This is the same as it was in wrath 3.0, where heroics gave blues with bosses giving epics and the raids gave only epics. Players would also craft a few epic pieces, but they went into the early raids in greens, blues, and a few epics anyway. The only difference is the badges are now meters.

It seems like people want to believe the game is reverting to the old days.
    Last edited by Alucan; 2010-06-24 at 09:58 AM.

As if by the second patch epic items will loose their quality again. Stop your bitching and hiding behind your "epic" walls. Its not the color that matters its stat balance. Just gonna end up seeing more idiots doing color>stats at the start of the expantion pack.

10+ Year Old Account
    The delicate little flowers get to be delicate little flowers again.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

I think they should make them even rarer than they were in TBC. Just give all bosses a 0,1% dropchance of an epic piece of loot. The rest just blue, and hardmodes 100% epic drops. If the blues are good enough to raid with I think we will all be fine.

epics should be epics. i dont mind going around in full blue, i know what gear i need and i try to gear my toon accordingly, without looking at item colors. anyway, now its a purplefest, and seems that something is missing.

having less purple and a sea of blues seems better to my eyes.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.