Druid PvP: Halp!

Well, now that I've got my druids PvE gear pre-ICC taken care of (at least Kitty) I thought I'd start doing some PvP. Now I'm on satellite internet, so my min latency is about 1000ms (1 sec of lag) so I'm thinking feral isn't the way to go, as if they're running, I'll get the old "out of range" thing, so I was thinking critchicken would be a decent way to go?

Anyone know if critchicken PvP is latency friendly? If so, is there a good guide somewhere I could check out? Now I've never really PvP'd before, so a few questions beside that:

1. How Important for a caster is Resilience Gear?
    2. How much Resilience will I need?
    3. Spell Penetration and how useful is it?
    4. Is there a way to get some PvP weapons without dedicating a ton of time to Arenas?
    5. Quick way to farm honor? I've been doing daily random BG's for some quick honor and arena points, but been using it on gems. I've heard some people say they walk out of a battle for WG with 15-25k honor, but I hardly ever get more than 2k. In BG's I only get around 1000 honor before wins/loss.
    6. Is there a way to upgrade to relentless/furious w/o wasting frosts?

Now I know allot of these are nub questions, so I'm expecting trolls, but some answers or ESPECIALLY a guide would be awesome. Thanks

Last I checked moonkin wasn't exactly the best PvP spec. You are right that feral is probably going to be a big problem with your latency (then again, so is PvP in general). To answer your Qs:
    1) Very
    2) >1K
    3) spell pen is important for avoiding resistance of spells, Kinda important. At the same time sometimes moonkins sacrifice things like hit and likely spell pen for crit and end up doing better for it.
    4) nope
    5) BGs and WG

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill bite.

Generally, playing with 1000 latency will be impossible to be anywhere near competetitive and you most likely will get kicked from any arena team you try and join. If you really want to do it Boomkin would probably be the best since they can kinda benefit from the lag...

1. How Important for a caster is Resilience Gear? Alot, unless you feel like getting one shotted.
    2. How much Resilience will I need? 1200 is reasonable.
    3. Spell Penetration and how useful is it? Need to be at I think 75 for boomkin, correct me if im wrong.
    4. Is there a way to get some PvP weapons without dedicating a ton of time to Arenas? No. Use ICC ones until you get T2 arena wep.
    5. Quick way to farm honor? I've been doing daily random BG's for some quick honor and arena points, but been using it on gems. I've heard some people say they walk out of a battle for WG with 15-25k honor, but I hardly ever get more than 2k. In BG's I only get around 1000 honor before wins/loss. Do WinterGrasp and all quest every week, do dailies and weekend bgs for bonus honor.
    6. Is there a way to upgrade to relentless/furious w/o wasting frosts? Do Vault of Archavon and put that PvE gear to work!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrrandion View Post
    Well, now that I've got my druids PvE gear pre-ICC taken care of (at least Kitty) I thought I'd start doing some PvP. Now I'm on satellite internet, so my min latency is about 1000ms (1 sec of lag) so I'm thinking feral isn't the way to go, as if they're running, I'll get the old "out of range" thing, so I was thinking critchicken would be a decent way to go?

Anyone know if critchicken PvP is latency friendly? If so, is there a good guide somewhere I could check out? Now I've never really PvP'd before, so a few questions beside that:

1. How Important for a caster is Resilience Gear?
    2. How much Resilience will I need?
    3. Spell Penetration and how useful is it?
    4. Is there a way to get some PvP weapons without dedicating a ton of time to Arenas?
    5. Quick way to farm honor? I've been doing daily random BG's for some quick honor and arena points, but been using it on gems. I've heard some people say they walk out of a battle for WG with 15-25k honor, but I hardly ever get more than 2k. In BG's I only get around 1000 honor before wins/loss.
    6. Is there a way to upgrade to relentless/furious w/o wasting frosts?

Now I know allot of these are nub questions, so I'm expecting trolls, but some answers or ESPECIALLY a guide would be awesome. Thanks
    before to start will start to say good luck with 1k latency with any caracther and again more melee, will be surprise you get 2k with this latency and im friendly lest start

1- resilience is a must, you dont have the choice to get it or almost
    2- 1000 for a caster and 1200+ for a healer seem be fair
    3-you need 75+ minimum, its possible to have more and its always good i think
    4-NO if you have a guild take weapon from icc10-25 or if you are full of cash you can try to buy the battered hill, its a good weapon 251 for a boom or even a resto druid
    5-bad to heard but BGS, the alone thing that is going to give you honor in a fast amount are the quests from WG but its weekly so you get 15-20k one time, and after WG is nothing except if you need WG MARK for shoulder
    6- no wrathful is win towards arena or VoA 25 just pray to get your legs and glove there(i have 3 caracthers and in 3 months, never got anything of pvp so dont base your life on luck, its better believe me^^)

if you need any orther question, dont be shy ask me sorry for my bad english

thanks for the help so far, I would like to extend my plea for a pvp balance guide, if one exists so I can learn priority systems/etc without tons of deaths from trial and error. I searched google, but couldn't really find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrrandion View Post
    thanks for the help so far, I would like to extend my plea for a pvp balance guide, if one exists so I can learn priority systems/etc without tons of deaths from trial and error. I searched google, but couldn't really find anything.
    Pretty much same gearing info for moonkin as resto - 1k+ resil (you're squishy and a HUGE target being a big ass chicken..), 3k spell power (more the better but it comes with gear), as much haste as you can get without gimping your other stats (400 being comfortable..), 75 spell pen.

find a premade group that works you're bg.. we have awesome qq premades on alliance so bg weekends are fast and fun honor.. i've maxed out both resto and moonkin specs with every piece of straight honor gear you could get in just a couple of hours over bg weekends. (and almost all the mounts hehe)

laser chicken is challenging but fun.. its gonna be a learn as you go class.

as for spec, its pretty much like your normal pve spec but taking points out of insect swarm and ffire and getting some owlkin frenzy and possibly more regen..

First off you need to prepare yourself for the hours of frustration you are to encounter. Boomkin pvp is not easy and takes a decent amount of time to master. As an opener it should be about the same as your pve rotation, apply dots/ff(if stealthy) then wrath spam til your pewpew nastyness procs then starfire spam, amidst all that you will need to kite/cc/heal up while fighting. Melee in general will be your greatest enemey so the best thing to do when you see a warrior pally or dk running at you(excluded rogues/feral druids cus you prolly won't see them coming /sadface), pre cast natures grasp and try to fully hot yourself up before they get to you, after they are caught in roots, travel form to run and get some distance between you and the melee, if you have more than one melee on you I have found the best thing to do is war stomp if you are pro tauren if not then skip to this step -> bear form then bash one, then follow up with a cyclone on the other then travel form to put some distance between you and them. As they are running in at you typhoon to give yourself some more time to pewpew. Granted if you have a healer running with you then you won't need to be as defensive but it still helps. Against casters, well boomkins are the weakest casters as 1v1 against all other casters cept shams + other boomys. You won't be able to defeat casters or healers on your own so I highly suggest you grab a friend that can help peel off you and another one to heal you through bgs, plus I find its more fun to bg with friends, running around solo doing bgs definitely makes boomy pvp extremely frustrating unless you are a god at it. If you choose to solo run around in bgs this will be the result of fighting each class as long as they don't have downz, Locks will just lolfearbomb you til your dead, mages will stun/silence you, shriests will cc/silence you, hunters will cc/silence you depending on their spec, pure heal builds you will never be able to solo, and if you can't kite/keep any of the melee of you they will most likely kill you first and especially if your starfall/trees are on cooldown. But for now try to stick to the bgs with the least amount of people such as wsg, eots, and arathi basin. The more people = the faster you will die. Stick with the smaller bgs so you can work more on your cc/kiting. My fellow boomkin I wish you good luck!

I just started PVP-ing as a Boomkin myself. So here's what I can share. Firstly, your latency is gonna make you suck. Regardless of class and spec, you lag, you die. Not saying you won't kill anyone, you are going to suffer against half decent PvPers. Just remember one thing, "Objects are closer than they seem."

1. How Important for a caster is Resilience Gear? - This is a stupid question in the first place. Without resilience, you can expect to eat 16k Lava Bursts and 10k Death Strikes. So yeah, Res is important regardless you are caster or melee... just the amount required differs.
    2. How much Resilience will I need? - I am at 1070 Res and so far, I'm still kicking nass and taking manes.
    3. Spell Penetration and how useful is it? I don't remember enchanting or gearing anything with Spell Pen but I'm still doing great. I have 8 lvl 80s and 6 of them including this Boomkin are above 1800 rating in Arena. My DK =)
    4. Is there a way to get some PvP weapons without dedicating a ton of time to Arenas? Yes there is. WG vendor sells Heirloom Weapons with Resilience on them. Hey, you weren't specific! If you want decent PVP weapons, go Arena. Practice, get better and dominate. If you can get a Wrathful weapon, you deserve it.
    5. Quick way to farm honor? I've been doing daily random BG's for some quick honor and arena points, but been using it on gems. I've heard some people say they walk out of a battle for WG with 15-25k honor, but I hardly ever get more than 2k. In BG's I only get around 1000 honor before wins/loss. - BGs, WG, WG Weekly and WG Marks (30) for 2000honor.
    6. Is there a way to upgrade to relentless/furious w/o wasting frosts? - You have Kitty gear from what I read in your post. Gem stam, enchant stam, go Teddy. Queue as tank, you'll get random groups faster. Took me a couple of days to get 5/5 Furious (325 triumphs) when I started a couple months back. Also, do VOA10 for Relentless (Frost Boss) and Furious (Fire Boss). In VOA25, Frost Boss = Wrathful, Fire Boss = Relentless.

Good luck with the gear. Boomkin's not easy to play. Anyone and everyone can play a class and get decent at it but not everyone can enter the 'Skillz' category. Practice makes perfect.

facing will own u go resto...