Thread: Whats wrong?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Whats wrong?

What the hells wrong with my DPS? So, recently I just started playing after taking a little break from the game(About 2 months). I used to be able to competitive DPS on my ret pally, always coming near the top of the charts, but now, as I joined this new guild with much more geared persons than my self, I find my self at the bottom 3-5 DPS in heroic icc25. Is this just a concern of my gear? I know the FCFS, I know the clash resolution, I know what to use, I have DXE, I study the fights/know them/know how to execute them, I use CLCRet so I don't have to stare at my bars and lose concentration on the fight... I honestly don't know why my DPS is so low.

***If the armory hasn't updated yet, I have glorenzelg normal now***

Give us some combat parses
    Pew pew

I don't know if my guild parses our ICC's, I was doing like 9.6k final on my recount at the end of LK. But that's not too telling because of phase changes/defile/etc.

tbh, from what I see, there's no reason you shouldn't be pulling 13k+ stand and deliver dps. I didn't sim out your possible dps, its just winging it, but it still looks possible, if there's any way you could get tiny abomination in a jar, that would be better than the fanged skull, even if you're over hit cap.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

hit capped, expertise capped, spec is fine( no raid utility though) has to be ur rotation

I know the rotation, I've looked at it a thousand times, have CLCret set up properly, practiced it in raid and practiced on dummies. JoW > Dstorm > Cstrike > Exo > Consecrate > whatever whatever whatever. Stack cstrike for libram and corruption stacks and yeah. I honestly don't understand.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LethalGT View Post
    What the hells wrong with my DPS? So, recently I just started playing after taking a little break from the game(About 2 months). I used to be able to competitive DPS on my ret pally, always coming near the top of the charts, but now, as I joined this new guild with much more geared persons than my self, I find my self at the bottom 3-5 DPS in heroic icc25. Is this just a concern of my gear? I know the FCFS, I know the clash resolution, I know what to use, I have DXE, I study the fights/know them/know how to execute them, I use CLCRet so I don't have to stare at my bars and lose concentration on the fight... I honestly don't know why my DPS is so low.

***If the armory hasn't updated yet, I have glorenzelg normal now***
    Your gear isn't bad but you are in mainly 251 gear. I wouldn't say you are going to always see the 13K range only is there are multiple mobs to help push your DPS up. You would really have to log some fights and parse them in WOL or WMO so we can actually check other things then just your gear but I would say 9.6K on LK normal is about in line with where you are going to be.

Constantly running back and forth for spirits and a number of other things that can cause you to drop your 5 stack will contribute to this fight and your ending DPS I would say 11-12K in that gear on a single target fight like DBS would be in line. Everything that really pushes our DPS you don't currently have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

What should I be looking for? My guild is benching me a lot because my DPS simply isn't at their level. The glorenzelg should get me a little higher on the meters, but I dunno what else. We have 10/12 ICC25 HM on farm so any TaJs are going to be heroic and going to long time guild members or rogues who put up a lot more dps than me. I've been trying to get to the icc10 HM runs to pick up some tokens, anything else? I can tell theres nothing wrong with my rotation and whatnot, I've checked through recount annd all the damages seem to add up. SoC is at the top with judgements and Dstorm being up there etc. etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Still need a parse< make it yourself if you have to. I'll see if I can find your Guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

How do you make a parse when youre raiding? I've never parsed before.

Quote Originally Posted by LethalGT View Post
    How do you make a parse when youre raiding? I've never parsed before.
    Looks like your guild does upload parses(http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/34022/) though there's only one reference in any of those parses referencing you and it's with you attacking Overlord Mok'Morokk in Dustwallow. If you're interested in uploading your own parses for personal reference create an account over at WOL, all the directions on how to set it up can be found there as well.

With that said, if your guild is calling you out for not doing enough dps they should look at a certain DK in those parses who's doing as much if not less than your stated 9k DPS on many of the bosses I looked at. Not saying it's either right or wrong for them to sit you for the Hard Mode runs but it does seem pretty hypocritical if they are allowing another player to perform just as well as you are and bring him to nearly every raid.
    Last edited by Dedweight; 2010-06-29 at 07:38 AM.

Pallies simply aren't meant to hit the top place on the dps chart in comparison to someone of the same gear and skill level as them. were mostly meant to be a defensive utility class. I realised this a long time ago and started trying to help the raid as much as possible with things other then dps. Things like using sacred shield on the tank during festerguts single target sequence if you think the healers may have a hard time healing through it, salving the top dpser if they're about to pull, and sacrifice on dps or even the tank when they're in need of it. ofc our raid buffs count too
    Last edited by Kilinjaro; 2010-06-29 at 07:49 AM.

Well, you need to level those professions, drop Mining, get Eng or BS. But pulling 13k with that gear seems kinda crazy unless you get some really good RNG i guess. Esp, when your guild has an overall terribly low raid dps, killing Festergut in more then 4 minutes is.......... So ask your guild leader to get in for Fester and DBS and then we can see whats up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilinjaro View Post
    Pallies simply aren't meant to hit the top place on the dps chart in comparison to someone of the same gear and skill level as them. were mostly meant to be a defensive utility class. I realised this a long time ago and started trying to help the raid as much as possible with things other then dps. Things like using sacred shield on the tank during festerguts single target sequence if you think the healers may have a hard time healing through it, salving the top dpser if they're about to pull, and sacrifice on dps or even the tank when they're in need of it. ofc our raid buffs count too
    Our top DPS is a ret paladin :P I disagree (no, the other DPS don't suck either).
    @OP: I have similar off-spec gear and I pull between 11 and 13k on DBS thanks to DS. The main thing you should go for now are tier tokens, boots off LDW and a proper ring.
    Also do something about your profs get that JC up asap and then start looking for a second profession!

it doesnt matter if your top dps in your raids in a pally. I've topped the dps on my pally many times before even while using some cds for defesive things instead of pure dps the fact still remains almost all of our cds are defensive and were a hybrid class. With great gear and kickass skill I would say a pally could get around 11k-14k dps at most while other classes would hit much higher, ofc I'm only giving a rough estimate as I can get around 10k in my current gear.

That's just not true man, ever since WotLK hybrids have not sacrificed a lot of DPS in comparison to hunters, mages, locks and rogues.
    Hell, locks don't even have any baseline DPS cooldowns. Just meta if you're demo!

The top ret pally I mentioned isn't someone who tops charts sometimes. He does it on a LOT of fights. He does an average 14k DPS with mainly 264 gear and a few 277 pieces. This is without shadowmourne (I'll come back next week to say how much he does with :P).

The only thing I can take a shot at is your weapon, Pallies rely heavily on weapon damage as alot of their damage is based on weapon damage. My friend whos a ret pally used to suck, he then swapped to my server (alot better raiding server) he picked up Brynntoll and his dps jumped up like crazy. Convince your guild to let you get a better weapon, it should go up.

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

Has your dps changed? It sounds like your dps numbers are unchanged, you're just not in the top ranks anymore. If so, then there's no issue here. You've just joined a better guild.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

ya blizz kinda screwed up the hybrid/pure thing I mean look at fury wars lol, but as far as pallies are concerned they did a pretty awesome job with it, you said the one you refer to hits 14k? well thats kind of within my prediction perfectly and I assumed that a pally would be able to hit that high with about 6k or so GS, 264 277 pieces would get a GS of around that much, now if I had around 6k gs on lets say my fury war or perhaps a hunter I would get much much higher then 14k dps. I was actually hesitant to post at all because we don't know how high the OP can hit yet without a parse or recount but if he/she's getting around 12k or 13k dps I would say that nothings wrong. I can gurantee you that the only reason that pallies are competitive at all is because were up against undead... and T10 set 2 is godly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are En Gee.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.