Lock's Demon Soul Review

I realize that the info for the spell is subject to change so this post may become obsolete in the coming weeks. However, currently the new level 85 warlock ability Demon Soul looks something like this:

Imp - Critical Strike damage on cast time Destruction spells increased by 60% for 30 sec. Each spell cast benefitting from this effect reduces the bonus by 20% until the bonus expires after 3 casts.
    Voidwalker - All threat generated by you transferred to your Voidwalker for 15 sec.
    Succubus - Shadow Bolt damage increased by 10% for 20 sec.
    Felhunter - Periodic shadow damage increased by 20% for 20 sec.
    Felguard - Spell haste increased by 15% and fire and shadow damage done increased by 10% for 20 sec.

I'M ONLY REVIEWING THESE BUFFS FOR THEIR PVP PURPOSES ONLY, NOT PVE

For now, lets assume that affliction and destro will continue to be the dominating specs in Cata end game pvp. Obviously, the Fel Hunter buff is superb for affliction, with the 20% periodic buff. However, I would like to look at a problematic part of this spell which is the Succubus buff.

After playing destro pvp for almost all of Wotlk, if I am not using fel hunter for arenas, I use my succy. But, look at what blizz has in store for them - Shadow Bolt damage increased by 10% for 20 sec. This is terrible. In all honesty, in any of the specs, including affliction, a true pvper won't use shadowbolt. It's too long of a cast for affliction and its not damage heavy for destruction. So my point and problem is, do you guys think this will change or do you think this might actually go out when they ship. This buff, and the void buff imo, are pointless and offer no benefit to a Lock's pvp damage. Remember, succy is getting a knockback ability in Cata and might offer more utility, where the imp still has no cc.

Thoughts?

This is NOT a review. This scarely could be considered a preview.
    Last edited by ModZs; 2010-07-01 at 08:27 AM.

I thought about the same thing.

I hope they ll change it
    Just believe... all cars have mind.