Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Join the twinking community

Hello everyone,

I am Mamytwink, the webmaster of Wow-Twink.com

Since 2 years, this website helps French players to create twinks. Furthermore, it is also the place where the French twinking community meets to discuss about twinking in World of Warcraft.

I thought it could be interesting to open an English section. So, if you are interested by twinking and that you want to discuss about this meta-game, join the forum:

wow-twink.com/forum/?langid=1

Notice that if the English community is growing, I would create new subforums !

Best regards,
    Mamytwink

ello guys,

Just to tell you that I am working hard to get a more English speakers friendly forum :

http://www.wow-twink.com/forum/?langid=1

Now, you should only see the English categories.

I have to change the banner and the sidebar and the forum will be ready for English speakers
    I hope I appriciate the work.

P.s.: I am looking for english moderators/writers. PM me if you are interested

I have a question . I don't get twinking ? You make low level toons to gank other low level toons who are not as well geared ? Can you please explain how that is fun ? Also , why not just make a max level toon and go into arena and really prove how good you are at pvp ?

Twinking is just something to do for fun. and yes killing undergeared newbs is alot of fun. they get mad and QQ on forums. how is that not awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    So apparently killing undergeared people not even on your par of gear is fun.
    Twinking is dead.

Haha twinks... useless.

Twinking is still around, there are specific realms in which it thrives; and with the connection of battle groups in cata, it WILL be common / feasible. Twinking in its modern sense is min/maxing with an uncommon set of gear, and using low level skills to master combat. Its interesting because alot of the stats are so imbalanced it makes the play style fast and more like a "hardcore" version of PvP, to use CoD terminology.

Well, not really. There was a certain level 60 alliance warrior in the server Alleria that was the most hated twink at that bracket. Hated by horde of course. He somehow cheated and got lvl 450 skill engineering and got all the perks that came with it. Mind control, nitro boots, bombs, blue-quality northrend goggles, glove rockets, trinkets, you name it. He would annihilate groups of 5 by himself.

He was hated so much that he got in-game death threats! This was all in AV. His XP was not turned off, but he remained at lvl 60 forever because he doesn't have any expansions installed. Anyways, it must've been tons of fun for him to twink out so hardcore, but eventually blizzard finally did something about all the qq about this one person. He got his engineering skill nerfed from 450 to 300 and got ALL of his engineering-specific enchants and gear taken away. He went inactive immediately after that.

So apparently without being overpowered, there is no fun in twinking.

Twinks have had separate battlegrounds for almost a year now. The only characters they can kill are other twinks, so you people don't have to get so bent out of shape.

The appeal is that you can gear up a character quickly rather than over the course of many months or more. Another aspect of it is that for those of us who refuse to duel for epics, we have been at a severe gear disadvantage in battlegrounds for four years now. Approximately the advantage that twinks used to have over non-twinks, actually...

With the merging of battlegroups coming in Cataclysm twink battlegrounds should be much more common and popular. I've already started selling low level enchant scrolls in anticipation. If it's popular enough I may make another one myself, but not if queues are really long.

I guess lot no one here has been playing since 3.2 heh?

Twinks fight twinks now, not grey lows. I play both 80 and 19 twink brack and I got to say 19 feels more right when it come to balance than 80 atm.
    As for tha haters and killing greys: we leave this task to you and your full bta enchanted rerolls. Or I guess you need to connect your 80 mage full wrathfull (and you never did put one foot in arena during wotlk...) to feel how skilled of a player you are spamming ice lance and using blink/deep freeze on CD?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    I have a question . I don't get twinking ? You make low level toons to gank other low level toons who are not as well geared ? Can you please explain how that is fun ? Also , why not just make a max level toon and go into arena and really prove how good you are at pvp ?
    Can you explain why wow pvp is fun? You farm to get gear so you can beat people with worse gear. How is this fun? Why don't you go play a game with real balanced pvp and prove how good you really are at pvp?

I think people fail to realize what twinking is about. Even some twinkers only do it to gank the lowered level-ones, which, tbh, is just sad.
    Twinking is about Twink-vs-Twink. So in that regard, the splitting of non-exp and exp-BGs were awesome.
    Aside from there not being enough twinks in any of the (49, 69, 79) brackets that matter, so you can't get queues anyway. Where before the change, you still had a few twinks in opposing team.

So why? Because you could spend a LOT less time levelling the character to your wanted bracket, a LOT less time gearing it up to a decent level, and a lot less grinding useless raids.
    Basically, you could just log on and play, and then log off, no obligations.

Hopefully, region-wide Battlegroups will allow actual Twink-vs-twink BGs to occur again, thanks to the greater realmpool and thus twinks - would be awesome!
    I find it far less fun to play a game where "everything starts at levelcap", I want to experience the game on all levels (hurr hurr).

I totally forgot about the region-wide battlegroup merging. That should definately improve the QoL of twinks with their xp turned off.

I often wonder if people that use the word "Twink" know what the actual meaning is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twink_(gay_slang)

Yeah... I don't know how it actually started being used in gaming terminology to mean something else.
    Brawlking
    Strength and Honor

Quote Originally Posted by Brawlking View Post
    I often wonder if people that use the word "Twink" know what the actual meaning is.

Yeah... I don't know how it actually started being used in gaming terminology to mean something else.
    People keep bringing this up, and I fail to see the relevance. One must be pretty insecure in ones sexuality, whatever it is, to succumb to homophobia.

I don't make a twink to kill lower lvls and /or undergeared ppl. That's no fun.
    Also why it was a lot of fun to do WSG /AB in the 70-79 bracket. Own the higher lvls. I can even kill 80's.
    That's the fun about twinking!

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    So apparently killing undergeared people not even on your par of gear is fun.
    Twinking is dead.
    Because that's not obviously what lvl 80 BG's are about.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Brawlking View Post

Because you treat the lower level character the same way you would treat a young man (twink). You dote on it and make sure it has all the nice things that you yourself may not be able to afford for your main. That's basically where it came from. It is meant to be derogatory because twinking in pvp is pretty irrelevant and isn't a valid form of gameplay.

OT: There's a twinking community? I thought they all died out when we banished them to their leper colonies aka xp-halted battlegrounds.

the first of the horde title was done by a level 1 twink.

Hi guys,

There are many forms of twinks :

- You can twink and level up a character. So you twink at each level and go in battlegrounds.
    - You can twink and go in XP battlegrounds and leave before it is finished to not gain XP. But I don't like this type of twinks

- You can twink to play agains other twinks in NO XP battlegrounds. And 90% of our forumeurs are twinks that want to play against twinks. With the battlegroups link battlegrounds, it is now easy to get no xp Battlegrounds