15+ Year Old Account

Mind Spike = old Mind Blast?

Not sure if anyone else caught the last line of the tooltip or not but if you did it says "Triggering this frozen damage causes a high amount of threat." Does Blizzard enjoy giving us spells that have a threat modifier in them or what? I remember pre-BC that's how I and other spriests were able to tank Ony is because of the increased threat that Mind Blast gave + the double dipping dmg/healing that we got from our VE. I know that this is supposed to be a adds/locked-out/filler spell but man oh man I can see this already being an issue with adds charging us because of high threat.

I agree, it seems like a strange mechanic to add. Perhaps they should allow for both. Something like:
    "Triggering this frozen damage with Mind Blast causes a high amount of threat. Triggering this frozen damage with Shadow Word: Death causes no threat, but X% less damage."

Or something like that. I don't know, just a thought.

the threats there to make sure we dont abuse its burst damage but whats stoping us from using it to 3 shot people in pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by finnalblow View Post
    the threats there to make sure we dont abuse its burst damage but whats stoping us from using it to 3 shot people in pvp?
    The very high amount of HP Players will have.

The threat is there so we don't use it in a standard PvE rotation, anything that dies fast doesn't bother about threat, but on longer fight you won't waste your Orbs on Spike and get additional MB-Threat

Dont worry, we wont have any threat issues with this spell.

Deleted
    What Kaese said, this mechanic is not a boss mechanic. simply a burst n' kill spell.

Because shadow priests make good ranged tanks..
    Not as good as Meta locks, but what if your meta lock is a noob?

Deleted
    every time i hear a description of this spell i think 'oh, that'll be nice for killing nether portals' then can't think of anything else...
    maybe i'm not understanding really what this spell is for in a pve situation (against bosses cos really... who cares about trash)
    or, i'm trying too hard to fit this in with current content and mind spike will make a lot more sense in the context of cataclysm raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Strykie View Post
    Because shadow priests make good ranged tanks..
    Not as good as Meta locks, but what if your meta lock is a noob?
    Word
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT