Thread: soloing as ret

Question soloing as ret

is there a different spec besides thee normal 11/5/55. specifically for for soloing as ret or do u usually have to solo as prot?

it just seems difficult to solo as ret without the danage reduction and the heals from seal of light seem really miniscule, compared to the amount of hp i have. were talking a heal of 350 when i have 20k hp, and the guy im trying to solo hits for 1500. 350 just dont cut it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what you want to solo, but most of the time (depending on gear) you can do either. I roll around in my normal PvE gear/setup when I solo stuff (for kicks, I Solo'd Hakkar without killing an Priests).

soloing as ret really helps if you got 2pc tier 10, until then it can be a pain to do, but ever since i got 2pc tier 10 i can blaze through most bc heroics in 15 minutes, i can tank every single normal mode instance in WotLK and i can even tank some heroics in WotLK.

so if you wanna solo as ret it's best to get 2pc tier 10. Because the perfect example it let me tank places like kara and hyjal.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
    soloing as ret really helps if you got 2pc tier 10, until then it can be a pain to do, but ever since i got 2pc tier 10 i can blaze through most bc heroics in 15 minutes, i can tank every single normal mode instance in WotLK and i can even tank some heroics in WotLK.

so if you wanna solo as ret it's best to get 2pc tier 10. Because the perfect example it let me tank places like kara and hyjal.
    You can solo a lot of fights in Kara as Prot just by AFKing also :P

if i get the byrn'trol axe does the chance to steal life, give the stolen life to the wielder? or is it just damage? that wouls sure help for soloing i would think.

and would specing into divinity, effect the heals from DS and seal of light and JoL?
    Last edited by hugsofdeath; 2010-07-01 at 04:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hugsofdeath View Post
    if i get the byrn'trol axe does the chance to steal life, give the stolen life to the wielder? or is it just damage? that wouls sure help for soloing i would think.

and would specing into divinity, effect the heals from DS and seal of light and JoL?
    It heals you yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    You can solo a lot of fights in Kara as Prot just by AFKing also :P
    yeah but there is no fun in that.

also bryn'troll healing is nice, the ICD isn't really gonna heal you through all the damage you'll take if you don't keep sacred shield up 24/7.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
    yeah but there is no fun in that.

also bryn'troll healing is nice, the ICD isn't really gonna heal you through all the damage you'll take if you don't keep sacred shield up 24/7.
    Depending on the instance, Divine Storm will be enough to keep you up- 9000 heals when facing 4 targets free of charge is good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    Depending on the instance, Divine Storm will be enough to keep you up- 9000 heals when facing 4 targets free of charge is good stuff.
    definetly expecially when it proccs three times in a row, everything is dead and your at full health, it's a win-win situation!

Pretty easy to solo stuff as ret, make sure to Sacred shield yourself aswell as it can absorb a fair bit of damage. If you find incoming damage too much of an issue, go prot or find yourself a healer friend to do stuff with you(although AoW procs should be plenty if needed).

Deleted
    yeah, ret burst with 2PT10 in instances is pretty overpowered. i mean, with SoC hitting for 2K and DS itself for 3K, you got a 5K hit every few seconds, in addition to the seal procs from your melee swings in the meanwhile. i solo MgT every day on heroic for the mount (or at least, i used to).

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    yeah, ret burst with 2PT10 in instances is pretty overpowered. i mean, with SoC hitting for 2K and DS itself for 3K, you got a 5K hit every few seconds, in addition to the seal procs from your melee swings in the meanwhile. i solo MgT every day on heroic for the mount (or at least, i used to).
    Your DS only hits for 3k?