Thread: Serious problem

Serious problem

Greetings,

Since a few weeks I’m getting around 1-2 so-called ‘blue screens of death’ a day. Most of the times it happens when I tab back in to WoW, but I’ve also had it happen when I was away from my computer thus did literally nothing. My screen becomes black with a bit of a green tint, and after ~15 seconds I get the blue screen.

When my computer has restarted, I get the Windows help window and it says the cause of the crash is because of my Nvidia drivers who need to be updated. The problem however is, that I can’t update them ever since my dad reformatted my computer. I tried uninstalling the drivers then let them reinstall, but when I go to Nvidia’s website I still can’t download the drivers because I don’t have ‘the required controllingsystem’ or something along those lines. Also, icons on websites are messed up completely until I restart my computer.

~9 months ago I got blue screens of death every Wednesday when my computer would do its weekly ‘HP Health Check’. The Windows window said it was because of a problem with my RAID, which is a controllingsystem? I fixed these blues by removing HP Health Check from my computer.

I understand this is a serious problem and I really need to be able to update drivers before it’s too late, but what can I do? I’m 100% sure this problem is because of my dad, because when I asked for help 9 months ago they told me it was because my dad messed up reformatting by forgetting to press F<number, can’t remember>.

Can I get help?

15+ Year Old Account
    Upload one of your minidump files from the crash and link it here. You can find it in C:\Windows\Minidump. At that point, we can take a look at the file and see what's causing it.

You don't have the access to this -I get something along those lines when trying to open these files with Word.

Guess my dad did that purposely, how can I get it off? (fyi this is my own comp he just blocked that to prevent me from fucking up). Can I get around it/do something else? I only see him once every 2 months.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jr View Post
    You don't have the access to this -I get something along those lines when trying to open these files with Word.

Guess my dad did that purposely, how can I get it off? (fyi this is my own comp he just blocked that to prevent me from fucking up). Can I get around it/do something else? I only see him once every 2 months.
    It doesn't open with wordpad. Just upload the file as is to whatever site you'd like to upload it to and provide a link.

How do I upload it, and to what website?

Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rapidshare or one of the other free upload sites.

Deleted
    BSOD can be caused by many, many different reasons, so many that its pretty hard to pinpoint. One of the main reasons, being damaged / driver corrupt hardware, another being windows file errors. Try running Windows Update, uninstall / installing ur graphics card drivers, after doing what Cilraaz has requested, ofcourse. The very last resort, is that you should try reformatting your computer, and installing all of your drivers correctly. Thats what i have done in the past, usually seems to work, unless theres a hardware fault.

good luck