Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

WOW Too Caster Friendly?

So I decided to give my mage a break and jumped on my warrior about 2 months ago. He is now at a respectable gs level 5866 with mostly wrathful and pve gear, but I noticed his damage has been serverly nerfed. Not only he is comparably underpowered, but all the CC's from the other classes hurts the warrior class twice as much. Meaning, I cannot attack during the cc and cannot attack after the cc due to being out of range. The charge and intercept seems to have way too long of a cooldown. I guess its true that WOW has become caster friendly, cause even at 5300, over a 500 point gearscore less, my mage owns way more than my warrior.

Maybe you're just really, really bad.

Gearscore means nothing.

Short answer - No

Long answer - No
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard basing how well you do compared to your gearscore is in any way useful. It's not.

You warrior is in PvP gear and you're wondering why he does less damage then your Mage.
    I'm just an ex-con trying to go straight to get my kids back

if you think cc is a issue with warriors you should talk with ret paladins.
    I HURTZ!

seriuslly. im at full relentless and wrathfull offset (rele boots) sitting at 933 resi and around 6k atttackpower. which makes for around 20% damage reduction from players. when i meet up with priests or mages which have around 1300-1500 resi which is close to 30% damage reduction, + their 8k shields. Basicly i need to damage them for 10.5k before i can even chunk their hp pool. in the meantime they have already taken 15k of my healthpool.
    Currently resilience scales better with casters than melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    I HURTZ!

seriuslly. im at full relentless and wrathfull offset (rele boots) sitting at 933 resi and around 6k atttackpower. which makes for around 20% damage reduction from players. when i meet up with priests or mages which have around 1300-1500 resi which is close to 30% damage reduction, + their 8k shields. Basicly i need to damage them for 10.5k before i can even chunk their hp pool. in the meantime they have already taken 15k of my healthpool.
    It doesn't scale better with casters than melee. It's the same amount of Damage reduction on any Class.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    Maybe you're just really, really bad.

Gearscore means nothing.
    Lol..maybe you know nothing about warriors, cause warriors are heavily gear dependent and no where near as OP as casters. Next...come again!!!

---------- Post added 2010-07-08 at 03:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Renshe View Post
    I heard basing how well you do compared to your gearscore is in any way useful. It's not.

You warrior is in PvP gear and you're wondering why he does less damage then your Mage.

Please read OP, I said my warrior is in wrathful and pve gear....

---------- Post added 2010-07-08 at 03:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    I HURTZ!

I agree that ret paladins are hurting in arena, it seems the developers were only content with pallys owning warriors and gave them no caster counters.

Quote Originally Posted by warlesswarrior View Post
    Lol..maybe you know nothing about warriors, cause warriors are heavily gear dependent and no where near as OP as casters. Next...come again!!!

---------- Post added 2010-07-08 at 03:45 AM ----------

Please read OP, I said my warrior is in wrathful and pve gear....
    All i'm reading is the QQ of someone who just got killed in a Battleground, there's no facts here, just an idiot rambling on.
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    All i'm reading is the QQ of someone who just got killed in a Battleground, there's no facts here, just an idiot rambling on.
    Lol, wrong. Fact, CC hurts melee twice as much cause they cannot attack during the CC and are out of range to attack when CC is done!

Lol, wrong. Fact, CC hurts melee twice as much cause they cannot attack during the CC and are out of range to attack when CC is done!
    Since when have casters been able to cast during CC, and have you actually tried interrupting/ccing/sticking on a caster/using your damn pvp trinket before?, learn to PvP jesus christ.

I bet you're one of those Warriors who just runs in, Bladestorms and think's he's chuck norris, then gets his ass handed to him.
    Yeah.

And CC hurts casters twice as much because they cannot attack during the CC, and once the CC wears off the melee are already on top of them.

PvP isn't balanced around 1v1.

easy fix to all these QQ posts. if you have a melee, roll a caster, if you have a caster, roll a melee. in fact roll a priest and feel what TSG teams feel like, because im pretty sure it's not just using shield and penance the whole game.

---------- Post added 2010-07-08 at 03:59 AM ----------

try using LOS more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Since when have casters been able to cast during CC, and have you actually tried interrupting/ccing/sticking on a caster/using your damn pvp trinket before?, learn to PvP jesus christ.

I bet you're one of those Warriors who just runs in, Bladestorms and think's he's chuck norris, then gets his ass handed to him.
    Lol, where have you been. Bladestorm does not even work anymore, its more like spinstop!!! Oh and I use my trinket, but the CC's just keep coming because the trinket is on way too long a cooldown.

Personally, I'm shocked that your pure dps class does more damage than your hybrid class in some hodge podge of pvp/pve gear.

Move along; nothing to see here.

Lol, where have you been. Bladestorm does not even work anymore, its more like spinstop!!! Oh and I use my trinket, but the CC's just keep coming because the trinket is on way too long a cooldown.
    QQ - Bad Warrior is Bad
    Yeah.

no, wow isn't to caster friendly. Say that shit next time you get MS, Hammy, Int. Shout bombed.

Ever fought a ret pally when your trinket is on cd? Long story short, it doesn't end well for you.

Don't even get me started on DK's

PvP is about knowing what your class needs to do in certain situations, same as pve. There are just a shitton more situations to memorize your response to. Study up. Do abunch of duels, figure out how you beat mages, locks, ele shams, doomkin, and priests. You have tools to deal with casters, my guess is you just don't know how to respond well to what they're doing. Perhaps you're more in practice with your mage. Also, you shouldn't be in PvE gear, the only PvE gear you should have until you have a decent rating are weapons, trinket (maybe, if you have a good one for pvp, or are gearing up) and your ashen verdict ring (perhaps your relic/ranged spot on applicable classes).

IMO you're better off with bad resilience gear than good pve gear (unless its like a mile ahead) in most scenarios, because you cant do any dps when your dead. I saw a pally rocking 264/277 gear w/ a shadowmourne go into an AB (all pve) and got his ass handed to him. Guess how long he lasted against critchickens? 2 secs. He couldn't make it through a stunlock from a rogue, he was dead before the end of shadowfury.

TL;DR: Get full PvP gear and practice dueling casters, you'll get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Elessa View Post
    PvP isn't balanced around 1v1.

Lol, never said it was. Lets face it though, a lot of arena matches come down to 1v1 situations, and the melee always has the short end of that stick.

This thread brings to mind a phrase regarding hydrogen and stupidity...

Lol, never said it was. Lets face it though, a lot of arena matches come down to 1v1 situations, and the melee always has the short end of that stick.
    That's their problem for letting their partner die.

Apart from the origional post you've started every reply with "Lol", how old are you?
    Yeah.