Thread: Barili Stonekeg

Barili Stonekeg

Name: Barili Stonekeg
    Race: Dwarf
    Class: Steam Warrior
    Personality: Keeps to himself, quiet, calculating.
    Dislikes: Heat, Steam Armor getting damaged.
    Appearance: Looks a bit like a Dun Morogh Mountaineer wearing stereotypical engineer clothes (Goggles, overalls, gloves) and a chain mail shirt. Steam armor looks like a Goblin Shredder, with modifications (see below)
    Strengths: Powerful Steam Armor, book smart.
    Weaknesses: Can't fight well outside of Steam Armor, loner personality makes him difficult with groups.

History: Barili had always been a loner. Though-ought his childhood in Ironforge he always more interested in books and machines rather than making friends. He spent most of his time in Tinker Town and the Hall of Explorers, getting cheap machine parts off the gnomes and reading the books in the library. He occasionally made his way down to Gnomeregan, though he could only make it so far before he was driven out by the Troggs. His life in Ironforge was far from perfect, as he was harassed near constantly by a local gang of young dwarfs. They saw him as an easy target for their bullying, and they taunted and beat him up for his copper. Barili eventually had enough of the bullies, and he began to work on his master project. He worked for more than a year, getting parts shipped from as far as Booty Bay. He eventually challenged the leader of the group, a young warrior, to a fight to end things once and for all. He accepted the challenge, and one week later he walked into the Gol'Bolar Quarry ready to beat Barili to a pulp. The group waited for a while, and almost thought that Barili had chickened out when they saw it. From the shadows emerged a monstrous machine, sputtering and cranking like a wild beast. Once they got a better look at it, they saw that it looked a bit like a goblin shredder, but at the same very different, the silver and green replaced by the blue and gold of the Alliance. The machine then launched itself at the warrior, smashing him repeatedly with its giant mechanical claws. The warrior was fairly skilled, and managed to get a couple of hits in on the machine, but this seemed to only make it fight harder, repeatedly punching him and throwing him around. The young dwarfs friends watched in fear as this all went down. Eventually the machine threw the warrior against a wall one last time. As the warrior turned around, he saw the hatch open, and then he saw the grinning face of Barili looking down upon him. They stopped bothering him after that. He stayed in Ironforge for a few years after that, but left later to explore the world and upgrade his Steam Armor as he went.

He traveled all over the world, spending most of his time in the goblin and gnome controlled areas, as that was where there was the most technology. When the Dark Portal opened, he originally dismissed it as arcane junk, but then he heard the stories of gigantic fell robots and flying ships that traversed the stars. He went through, spending a large deal of time in Hellfire Penensula studying the Fel Reavers and Netherstorm studying everything in general. While there he upgraded his machine numerous times, going as far as attempting to obtain and implant one of the Felreavers cores in his machine ( sadly failing while trying to implant it, but it works quite well as a mobile power station.) When everyone journeyed into Northrend, he yet again stalled until he heard of the wondrous Titan technology, at which point he yet again raced there as fast as his Steam Armor would take him. He stayed primarily in Storm Peaks, spending days out in the cold searching for more undiscovered technology. He would follow any lead that sounded interesting enough and would profit him or his robot.

The Steam Armor: The body of the Steam Armor is that of a goblin shredder, although repainted in the Alliance colors of blue and gold in order to be identified easier, and a bubble covering the cockpit. He has made numerous adjustments over the years, fastening a power tank to the back, removing the clunky claws for more flexible finger-like devices and adding two shining golden eyes to the front for dark areas. He has added many weapons, but his main arsenal included an arm based flame thrower, and a gun on each shoulder. He has also added many engineering upgrades ( Hyper speed Accelerators, Frag belt, Nitro boost, etc. ), including a system that kept the cockpit as cold as Dun Morogh, as he hates the heat. These systems do backfire, as all products of engineering do, but he tries to prevent that. He keeps his machine battle ready at all times, as without it he doesn't have that much skill at fighting without it. He worked on the face (located on the main body that looks like an evil face) over the years, changing it to a fearsome lion. He does not have strong ties with the Alliance, despite the look of his machine, he designed it because he knew he would be fighting with them and he needed to be identified as a friendly rather than a foe.

(My second run at this character, completely different from the original. I have been looking into steam warriors for a while, and they seemed quite interesting. Some links of some important things I mentioned - http://www.wowwiki.com/Steam_warrior | http://www.wowwiki.com/Steam_armor )
    Last edited by Moonkin; 2010-07-12 at 04:38 AM.

I'm sure getting punched repeatedly by a steam warrior would kill or damage severely enough to get charged with something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylanir View Post
    I'm sure getting punched repeatedly by a steam warrior would kill or damage severely enough to get charged with something.
    I'm going to go with the fact that he was holding back to see him try to fight back/ see his pain, and it was a formal challenge, but I will move the location.
    Edit: Changed to a (super secret) location where he would not be seen/charged/etc.
    Last edited by Moonkin; 2010-07-12 at 04:39 AM.

Lady of the Lore Syrra Coventry's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno...something about a gang of young hoodlums running around Ironforge assaulting other people when a lone Forsaken rogue can't get through just rings a bit manufactured to me.

But that's me, I suppose.