Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Improved polymorph in Cata

How is imp.poly going to work in lets say 2v2, poly target>trinket>poly again>and lets say mage/rogue do damage on target for 3 sec=insta win?

yup. Instant win.

this just in: its a beta.

furthermore, health in cata will be much higher, so strats such as LOLGLOBALHIMNAO should not be effective.

also....... mages can get 2 (3 if the last is an instant) off during 3 seconds and that's only with a haste CD popped..... last i checked, my mage wasn't critting for more than 7k on anyone with even a decent amount of resil... with people already having 30k hp, I don't see why you're so worried mages are going to lolglobal you with the increased HP in mind.

also, it's a beta.

PS: the sky is not falling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

this just in: its a beta.
    And thus you are supposed to give feedback when something is OP orelse it wont be changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Improved Polymorph is a really nice and cool talent.

+1

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure the talent isn't working as intended and that the rate the damage goes into the polymorph is the rate it should go out (I.E split up, instead of all at once). That being said, IN THE CONTEXT OF THE CURRENT GAME, it is probably not a talent I will take because in arenas I often (more than once per game) use a poly -> icelance (or another spell) to stop a hymn, evocation or another spell, and wouldn't want to heal the target. Also, if my partner (or partners) are hitting my poly, we deserve to lose the game for poor play.

Good talent imo, top of the tree for all mages.

15+ Year Old Account
    Was there confirmation that it was going to be part of the final 31 talent tree?
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    Was there confirmation that it was going to be part of the final 31 talent tree?
    There is not. They have said nothing about Mages since announcing the 31 point talent tree change.

The damage delay only applies to the damage caused by the mage (that's how it's supposed to work. Pretty sure it's bugged atm on beta)

If you think this will make it live, then.... I don't know what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellin View Post
    If you think this will make it live, then.... I don't know what to tell you.
    Are you really afraid the mage can take 100k hp in three seconds?
    As always, apparently the one thing you can do in a duel that isn't cheating... is lose.

settle people it aint going to make it live
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=157361

OPNESS

Mind you it not stuns the target for 1.5 / 3.0 seconds and is pretty far up in Arcane, too far for any other spec to be gotten.

It's still really nice, although a stun is arguably less effective than staying in sheep for 3 seconds, there's the added effect that you can use polymorph and wand someone straight after, which nowadays is sometimes used as a last resort spell interrupt, will then be a 3 second stun.

As far as that video shows, I don't see it being THAT op, it is strong yes but OP? Compare it to an improved CS if you will, that's 4 seconds in which a caster is kind of screwed, that's 1 second longer than this improved polymorph talent and doesn't require you to cast for 1.5 seconds beforehand either. sure the target can run away but if he's in range it's more or less the same effect. True this is on casters only but evenso.

sheep stun WILL make it Live.
    but the stun effect will probably have a internal 1-3 minute cooldown

Quote Originally Posted by tyden49 View Post
    settle people it aint going to make it live
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=157361
    that seemed to be pretty crazy, but i couldnt handle watching that vid with the constant open/closing of the bags lol.

WTF are you smoking blizz... like mages needed ANY buffs -.- this is basically an attack that hits for like 25k dmg when stun ends. you get fucking 1 shot. i know blizz is just overdoing the godmode buffing because a new expansion pack without a godmode op class would be boring...?

Quote Originally Posted by wrathofdoom View Post
    WTF are you smoking blizz... like mages needed ANY buffs -.- this is basically an attack that hits for like 25k dmg when stun ends. you get fucking 1 shot. i know blizz is just overdoing the godmode buffing because a new expansion pack without a godmode op class would be boring...?
    guessing you're a warrior? QQ more dude. classes shouldn't be nerfed to hell and never allowed to get ANYTHING new or cool just because they counter you.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

hi warrior scissors my mage rock beats you but i still lose to hunter scissors just about every damn time

10+ Year Old Account
    it has changed already. it now stuns.