Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushuna View Post
    Anyone else notice that Murderous Intent is still a T4 Assassination talent, which Assassination should never use, unless they actually expect Assassination rogues to switch from Mutilate to Backstab when targets are below 35%.
    I think that's exactly what they want us to do

Isnt little Nonsense to have these two talnets especialy in one tal. tree Deadly Momentum and Cut to the Chase its simply same thing refreshig slice and dice can u like just change Deadly Momentum in anything thats dps gain orwhatever atm for me it looks rly silly to have bouth talents and especialy that u have to get Deadly Momentum so you continue with the assasination tree build...

Think assassination tree can use a lot more work...waist with talent points at the very start of it, deadly momentum and improved eviscerate...wtf are those there for lol. Not sure if I'm guessing wrong here but wasn't hfb 20% when it first came out in wotlk, you had to stack it 3 times i know that but point is we lose hfb and get vendetta....which is only on the target and stays up for...30 seconds...think that's kind of lame, just keep hfb and put it to 20%, simple as that...not a lot of thinking there on blizzard's part. just seem unhappy with it /shrug

well it was 15% alldmg and when glyphs camed out with wotlk 3% more from glyph ~!

---------- Post added 2010-07-18 at 03:06 AM ----------

Honnest if they keep these talent trees every class is short like some 5 more talents do do nice build :~)!

try these since they want to make all clases active dpsers on that talent tree they just change Deadly Momentum from 50 100% refresh on S&D to something like:WHILE UR UNDER EFFECT OF S&D YOUR ALL DMG IS INCRESED BUY 3/6 % or whatever they thing its DECENT sice by all rogue players having 2 talents that refresh S&D is silly and allmost all thing that its simly same dmg HFB and VANDETA now u get lil bit more all dmg thats if some 1 of DEVELOPE TEAM REEDS these and thinks about it .
    Last edited by NINJITSU; 2010-07-18 at 04:00 AM.

Isn't deadly momentum clearly just a leveling talent? CttC is the same but better? Fine, take CttC and not DM.

easy?

I'd probably use this as my muti spec: http://www.wowtal.com/#k=YfQw9LN.9mn.rogue
    I think in the future we'll only need 3 talents to reach new tier, so the extra 3 points are in Opportunity.
    Last edited by Lysdexic; 2010-07-20 at 11:58 PM.

As it stands I'm really not a fan of the first tier of assassination talents.
    You have to waste two points on either imp eviscerate, which you won't use, ever, or on deadly momentum, which you will want to spec out of about 10 seconds after hitting max level. It's not even situational or "fun" fillers, it's just...waste.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Completely agree Prandur. Assn is based around envenom, so choosing between 2 talents points that will never get used or 2 talent points that might proc on trash or something isn't exactly a good choice.

Deleted
    Let's Put it this way: it's still beta, so lets wait for whole talent tree's . true is that Assassination players have to waste their precious talent points in such way that they will never use them. Tho still it's beta

Wow...that combat mastery is...it's retarded.
    If they don't want it working like the old sword spec mechanic, then just have MH swings proc a reduced damage MH swing like warriors, maybe?
    Anything but this silly crap.
    I wonder if it'll take one or two raid tiers to stack enough mastery and haste to make a 1.4 speed MH worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prandur View Post
    Wow...that combat mastery is...it's retarded.
    If they don't want it working like the old sword spec mechanic, then just have MH swings proc a reduced damage MH swing like warriors, maybe?
    Anything but this silly crap.
    I wonder if it'll take one or two raid tiers to stack enough mastery and haste to make a 1.4 speed MH worth it.

Yup - the mastery promotes a fast main hand and a slow OH... THE FRIGIN OPPOSITE of what the rest of the talents and spec is abut -.-'

it will be a nightmare to spreadsheet (not literary... but it will make some gear choices surprisingly better - something blizz wanted to avoid with the whole removal of complicated stats...) They should change it - i bet they just wanted to get some synergy with combat potency but its marginal... 0,04% chance on main hand attack to get 20 energy ? O.o

On another note I think they should merge Elusiveness with Camouflage or just move it to tier 1 in another fashion - right now its a must have for PvP so no choice there...

Deleted
    I completely agree : our current combat mastery is just bad design...
    They said they wanted less auto attack : it increases auto attack damage.
    They said they wanted stats and specs to be easier to understand : everything that optimizes our dps will place this hability in a situation where it is completely unefficient and if you try to optimize it you will be unefficient with everything but this wrong mechanism. So, optimizing a combat rogue will be extremely odd and difficult, we may face situations were at low gear level a slow weapon is better in main hand and at high gear level, when attack power is better than weapon base dammage, fast weapons will be better. So, when should we switch ?..

Besides, critical score is currently a medium stat, better than hit score but worse than agility. They removed Prey on the Weak which highly contributes to the critical score value. At Cataclysm, Critical Score will be just the best stat to be turned into haste with reforging...
    Last edited by mmoc972a289242; 2010-08-26 at 06:19 AM.

Deleted
    I was wondering: why do they plan to implement "Redirect" anyway ? everything concerning "losing CPs when target-switching" could soooo easily be solved by binding the Combopoints to the ROGUE itself - works fine with the runes of the Deathknight, why not do it that way as well ?
    it would make things so easy, not having to care that you "quickly use up all the CPs before target dies" or "hold the mouse over redirect, cause you need it any second...", makes fighting not soo dependend on having to watch the CPs and switching a bit more fun.

I really wouldn't mind getting no new lvl 81-talent if the mechanic would just get a little updated that way (although it makes way for an other new talent

so please, anyone who reads this and is implemented in beta-testing or even designing: Could you think about it a little bit ?

Many thanks!

Best regards, Neru

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neru View Post
    I was wondering: why do they plan to implement "Redirect" anyway ? everything concerning "losing CPs when target-switching" could soooo easily be solved by binding the Combopoints to the ROGUE itself - works fine with the runes of the Deathknight, why not do it that way as well ?
    it would make things so easy, not having to care that you "quickly use up all the CPs before target dies" or "hold the mouse over redirect, cause you need it any second...", makes fighting not soo dependend on having to watch the CPs and switching a bit more fun.

I really wouldn't mind getting no new lvl 81-talent if the mechanic would just get a little updated that way (although it makes way for an other new talent

so please, anyone who reads this and is implemented in beta-testing or even designing: Could you think about it a little bit ?

Many thanks!

Best regards, Neru
    The problem is not that it cant be made that way. The thing is that it should not be that way, because rogues are not meant to be that way.
    But yes, more fun it would be that way

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else feel like Blizz is just saying going "Lolrogue" right now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutilator12 View Post
    Anyone else feel like Blizz is just saying going "Lolrogue" right now?
    I would not be that extreme : I think the assassiantion tree is quiet well designed, maybe I would have kept Focused Attacks instead of giving energy regen to Rupture (since it will very poorly scale with gears...).
    Good things were done to Combat also, even if the Combat Mastery hability does not fit into the global Combat tree landscape (I hope they will at least turn it into something like the current Hack'n Slash mechanism).

As for the "Lolrogue" part, it is far too early too say that for now... And if we are as underpowered as we were in Karazhan 70 and Naxxramas 80, we still can rerrol... I already have a shaman, a deathknight and two paladins ready... ;-)
    Last edited by mmoc972a289242; 2010-08-29 at 03:52 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    The problem is not that it cant be made that way. The thing is that it should not be that way, because rogues are not meant to be that way.
    But yes, more fun it would be that way
    Exactly, as well as slightly overpowered. Imagine being able to use your finisher on any target in pvp, they view that as overpowered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    Exactly, as well as slightly overpowered. Imagine being able to use your finisher on any target in pvp, they view that as overpowered.
    In any case, no combo points are given for free, you still have to raise them. It would not be that difficult to turn "Redirect" into a passive hability which would switch the combo points to your new target (with a 30 second cooldown). Add to this a short lifetime to the pending combo points, let us say Redirect would work only if you switch target within 10 seconds after your previous target died or the combo points are just lost.

But, honnestly, I would not have added this mechanism at all to the class : it just helps (bad) rogues who are not able to use a finisher before their target dies... This point is part of the game and it is not that difficult to optimize.
    Last edited by mmoc972a289242; 2010-08-28 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithildine View Post
    As for the "Lolrogue" part, it is far too early too say that for now... And if we are as underpowered as we were in Karazhan 70 and Naxxramas 80, we still can rerrol... I already have a shaman, a deathknight and two paladins ready... ;-)
    Well, at this point, I wouldn't look to the DK as a serious reroll option. A lot of us are looking at Rogues and Mages for Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!