Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Imp. CS removed from frost tree

Yay! Now we won't be able to kill healers!! It's removed from frost tree yuppy! Even Imp. poly has been changed so we can't even touch healer.

But yea, PW:Shield and PW:Barrier stays!!

Blizz fails

o.O

The sky is falling!
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a pro or anything...but how will i kill disc as frost???
    I wouldn't say anything if we keep poly as it was and keep imp. CS.

Blizz fails!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well this is just me saying but... maybe you stop playing frost and play arcane? its 1 way of looking at it...

1. It's still being tweaked
    2. It's beta
    3. Healers are getting nerfed too
    4. Blizzard wants pvp to not be ezmode for any class/spec/role and also want to put emphasis on skill instead of lolfaceroll

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, as far as I know, blizzard want us to use spells with cast time more, instead of instants. The change might not be as bad as we think.
    Vol'jin fanboy

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of counters are getting removed. Stunlocks are basically gone because of shared DR...
    A lot more stamina, less healing. So healing wont be as powerfull...
    Its Beta, subject to change...
    This game isnt balanced around 1v1... Yeah i know it sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by Napelon View Post
    Yay! Now we won't be able to kill healers!! It's removed from frost tree yuppy! Even Imp. poly has been changed so we can't even touch healer.

But yea, PW:Shield and PW:Barrier stays!!

Blizz fails
    Now you might actually have to counter a spell with counterspell. What a horrible thought.

Also, you can Spellsteal PW:Shield.

Same how Arms warriors don't get piercing howl anymore
    Any hunter other than MM can't get aimed shot anymore

and how DK can still get lichbourne and Locks still get soul link.

It's a matter of balance and something they're looking into. As they said in a blue post, something like classes would complain about not having a 6-talent in a subtree, but other classes lack things aswel, while some might still have theirs.
    This is just the first pass of these talent trees, they will change. There's no point in complaining about things when they're subject to change, if you want give proper feedback, complaining is no use.

As a disc priest this makes me smile

2 things i cannot stand in arena.
    Shit mages who blanket their sheep with a Imp CS and Felhunters on autocast, BL shit mages, grats good mages on maintaining rating.

15+ Year Old Account
    shut up mages your guys are always amazing in pvp.
    classes that have no room to complain b/c they have always been good in pvp.
    Warriors
    Druids
    Mages
    Warlocks

just time it. i don't care much since we didn't always have access to IMP CS like we have had in Wotlk. only thing is sux against for me is druids mostly.

As for being unable to kill healers, keep in mind that you are going to have your Mortal Strike effect to reduce healing as frost, and that all Mortal Strikes are going to be for the same amount and healing will be balanced around that.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    why do these threads never start as a discussion and always as someone complaining and yelling at blizzard?
    1) its in beta testing
    2) blizzard has specifically said that the arcane tree is a very early revisement
    3) have you actually tested anything yourself, or did you just see something and decided you needed to instantly complain?

---------- Post added 2010-07-16 at 12:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    As for being unable to kill healers, keep in mind that you are going to have your Mortal Strike effect to reduce healing as frost, and that all Mortal Strikes are going to be for the same amount and healing will be balanced around that.
    frost mages do currently have that, not sure if you are implying that having an MS effect is new, but where you say it will be balanced around every other MS, this is also true, and a good point, since all MS should be the same

frost mages do currently have that, not sure if you are implying that having an MS effect is new, but where you say it will be balanced around every other MS, this is also true, and a good point, since all MS should be the same
    Yes, I meant that all Mortal Strike effects in the expansion will be 25%, as opposed to being different amounts as it is at the moment, so they will not have to balance healing around having a 50% MS effect on them, making it overpowered when they don't have that effect on them. Frost Mages won't have a weak MS effect as they do comparitively now, they will have one just as good as every other class.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2010-07-16 at 09:32 PM.

Deleted
    lol what are u crying about i mean u still have Frostbite that is the biggest RNG spell in the game. I belive blizzard was going to remove all the RNG based spells from the game like Shadow priest blackout well guess they forgot Frostbite...

10+ Year Old Account
    havent you had enough of frost for 3+ years?
    i'll spec fire in Cata, always wanted to, now that resilience wont affect crit, it might be nice =D

You get BL and more survivability, Are you really complaining that you are not able to kill a healer in the BETA stages?

If you are then wait a few weeks and your opinions may change, Untill then...Wait
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Angeal View Post
    You get BL and more survivability
    Care to explain that?